CM Punk reportedly wants WWE return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
He definitely wanted Hero over Roman for The Shield. But from everything I’ve heard, Punk has been nothing but complimentary of Roman over the years.

Probably Moreso Roman just being the locker room leader and trying to get shit straight.

Just get him a bottle of Jack Daniels. Worked for the last locker room leader

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Possible... I mean there is the possibility Punk said stuff about Roman when he got pushed hard for the first time too. I don't follow the social media stuff... my first thought was there might have been some (minor) backstage drama during Punk's last 2 years, which was the same timeframe the Shield ran.

All speculation of course, but it wouldn't surprise me if Punk saw the writing on the wall about them wanting to make Roman into the next Cena during those first Shield months and it rubbed him the wrong way, or something in that area.
Punk tried to shit talk a guy being pushed? Hangman nods from afar at the Tribal Chief

• Haha
Reactions: Death By Looch

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Roman has already said in a previous interview that he doesn't like him but if it's something the fans wanted then he would be willing to do business. I would imagine Seth would be along the same lines since he had the legit beef with Riddle and they ended up working together.

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane
I genuinely dont think there would be enough animosity between anyone in WWE and CM punk to prevent him coming over.

Roman and Seth not liking him is nothing, is there a single workplace in the World where everyone likes everyone?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He's your problem now

• Haha
Reactions: Butters

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If it’s good for the business and it makes you money, who cares if you like them or not.

That’s what being a mature professional is about

Reactions: #Waddles and Dale

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
If it’s good for the business and it makes you money, who cares if you like them or not.

That’s what being a mature professional is about
the issue is that Punk has shown himself NOT to be a mature professional. The problem isn't that people dislike him, is that Punk can't deal with people disliking him. He could not handle The Elite not wanting to do a program with him or being shunned. He could not handle people being friends with people he disliked. He could not handle any sort of perceived disrespect. So what happens when he takes something the wrong way?

It's easy to say BUT MONEY AND MERCH as some large encompassing mantra, by that logic why not hire all the blacklisted folks in wrestling because of the potential of money. Every situation requires weighing the pros and the cons, whatever your conclusion is is fine, but I think it's personally extremely naive to just brush off all the negatives. I am honestly willing to be bet anyone here a sig that if he does show up, he will blow up within a year.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

Last edited:

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
The headline should read "unemployed wrestler wants high paying job with the #1 company in the industry".

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I had to read the whole article. They dropped this line in there too when listing the whole cast of the show
  • Hulk Hogan, a self-described former bassist for U2

ETE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
J1K3xhn
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
kane
the issue is that Punk has shown himself NOT to be a mature professional. The problem isn't that people dislike him, is that Punk can't deal with people disliking him. He could not handle The Elite not wanting to do a program with him or being shunned. He could not handle people being friends with people he disliked. He could not handle any sort of perceived disrespect. So what happens when he takes something the wrong way?

It's easy to say BUT MONEY AND MERCH as some large encompassing mantra, by that logic why not hire all the blacklisted folks in wrestling because of the potential of money. Every situation requires weighing the pros and the cons, whatever your conclusion is is fine, but I think it's personally extremely naive to just brush off all the negatives. I am honestly willing to be bet anyone here a sig that if he does show up, he will blow up within a year.

There’s the argument though that AEW had too many entitled brats in the Lockerroom and not enough leaders or vets leading by example. Punks not getting into fist fights in WWE.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
On one hand, the POP from the arena in Chicago would be insane, as would the moment for when he appears.

On the other, you need to question how long he'd put up with the cogs of the wheel before something breaks and he either walks again or gets fired.

There's a potential of some good matches (Punk v Owens, Punk v Rollins, Punk v Cody etc) but is he worth the drama? Time will tell.

I've learned to never say never. If Warrior could return to WWE and get a HOF ring, well, just anybody can be accepted back.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
There’s the argument though that AEW had too many entitled brats in the Lockerroom and not enough leaders or vets leading by example. Punks not getting into fist fights in WWE.
Yeah once you use words like entitled brats to justify the actions of another man, you've lost me. Sounds like you just want to take not so subtle shots at AEW or the Elite and sound very cool on the internet.

Reactions: Butters