CM Punk reportedly wants WWE return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
and like I said, if you believe he didn't cause trouble in WWE, I respect your opinion even if I don't personally think facts back that up

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
no one said he was fired for getting in a fight. doesn't mean he didn't start shit, was a miserable prick and made a lot of people unhappy there to the point that people still in the company publicly have said they dislike him .
I mean people don’t have to like their coworkers. I’m sure Phil is a miserable prick, but the original quote by Bobby was talking specifically about behavioral issues. Which I don’t think is a guarantee to be repeated. It’s hard to say, though. Again, I’m not even sure I want to find out because I’m sick of Punk tanking his own support system. Trust me. It’s exhausting.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think when someone shows you who they are, believe them. not much more I can say on the subject

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
and like I said, if you believe he didn't cause trouble in WWE, I respect your opinion even if I don't personally think facts back that up
I’m just gonna say we’ll have to agree to disagree because I don’t think there are any facts in the other direction and people not liking you isn’t a fact, in my opinion.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I’m just gonna say we’ll have to agree to disagree because I don’t think there are any facts in the other direction and people not liking you isn’t a fact, in my opinion.
there's been quite a few interviews, like the pick up your trash story. there's more and I think it's a reported fact that a few people don't want him in the lockeroom. but yes, agree to disagree.

edit: not just people, top guys in the company

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I mean people don’t have to like their coworkers. I’m sure Phil is a miserable prick, but the original quote by Bobby was talking specifically about behavioral issues. Which I don’t think is a guarantee to be repeated. It’s hard to say, though. Again, I’m not even sure I want to find out because I’m sick of Punk tanking his own support system. Trust me. It’s exhausting.

I think my larger overall point is that what's the gain here? What does WWE actually gain from CM Punk coming back after all of the public trial and tribulation that has gravitated around him? He's not going to pop a rating, he's not going to wrestle for very much longer with how much his body has broken down, and all of the excitement around him has more or less bombed. If he doesn't cause anymore problems, great, but are we really going to throw a 44 year old broken down CM Punk into the main event scene? WWE would be going backwards, not forwards. WWE already has a semi-aging main event scene, they need to get younger, not older.

I don't have a problem with people being excited with the idea of Punk joining WWE; I don't, and am not as optimistic about it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Like I said in the previous post, I have no doubt CM punk is a prick. You could probably find a whole bunch of top people wrestlers will also say are probably absolutely miserable pricks in similar interviews about them as well.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
tbf he would pop a rating I just don't think it would be as big as it was in AEW (since he already came back from retirement) and it's not at all sustainable or worth the long term ramifications that certain folk downplay (not smark, smark knows how bad it can get, so im not chastising him here)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Like I said in the previous post, I have no doubt CM punk is a prick. You could probably find a whole bunch of top people wrestlers will also say are probably absolutely miserable pricks in similar interviews about them as well.
not to the level of toxicity Punk seems to bring. Maybe Hogan but he's long gone

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
tbf he would pop a rating I just don't think it would be as big as it was in AEW (since he already came back from retirement) and it's not at all sustainable or worth the long term ramifications that certain folk downplay (not smark, smark knows how bad it can get, so im not chastising him here)
The pop comment I do think doesn't take away the larger overall picture of my comment though, would you agree?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
not to the level of toxicity Punk seems to bring. Maybe Hogan but he's long gone
ill take that back. there are others...they just all got blacklisted :slip:

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The pop comment I do think doesn't take away the larger overall picture of my comment though, would you agree?
it does not, but I did want to be fair that the first appearance on TV will obviously still move some numbers

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think my larger overall point is that what's the gain here? What does WWE actually gain from CM Punk coming back after all of the public trial and tribulation that has gravitated around him? He's not going to pop a rating, he's not going to wrestle for very much longer with how much his body has broken down, and all of the excitement around him has more or less bombed. If he doesn't cause anymore problems, great, but are we really going to throw a 44 year old broken down CM Punk into the main event scene? WWE would be going backwards, not forwards. WWE already has a semi-aging main event scene, they need to get younger, not older.

I don't have a problem with people being excited with the idea of Punk joining WWE; I don't, and am not as optimistic about it.
Supposedly, CM punks merchandise is still the number one selling single superstar merchandise outside is AEW branded merchandise in their store right now. If that doesn’t tell you why WWE would consider it, I don’t know.

The thing is they’re probably just in talks and it probably isn’t going to happen, but it would be foolish to pretend like CM punk isn’t still a huge name that WWE could do lot of good things with under the condition that obviously he behaved himself.

Reactions: Dale

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I just don't think merchandising is a big enough factor to be put up against the negative. and its a big IF. but again ,ur not really denying the risks like others might be

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler