CM Punk on The MMA Hour

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
How long do they keep him from using it cause I do remember he did eventually start doing it?

Like once outside of house shows I wanna say, he teased it a ton tho

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
both punk and the elite has lawyers involved, it was reported on a fair amount. and all the meeting reports was according to Punk, which, at this point I cant take seriously because he constantly changes his story.

I'm going to leave it at that because I'm started to get a bit annoyed at this defending of his constant hypocrisy and I don't want things to devolve into sillyness. I don't think I can really hammer my points anymore in either case and youve made youre position pretty clear on the matter
Look, I’m just trying to figure out what you’re even talking about anymore because I thought we were talking about the fact that a meeting between punk and the bucks never happened. That was what was reported that they never had a meeting. If they had a meeting I somehow missed it and then that’s different. And then I also don’t know what we’re talking about because if they had a meeting then he would have nothing to complain about. I thought that was the hypocrisy you were pointing at. Him being mad at someone not wanting to talk to him. So I was under the impression while we were having this conversation that a meeting never took place, with a lawyers or not was that the meeting never happened. That’s all I’m saying I don’t know what’s even going on anymore because the conversation has seemingly shifted but if you don’t wanna carry on the conversation that’s fine though but my only problem is is that I think anything punk does at this point is just viewed in a negative light even when there is no hypocrisy from my vantage point. I don’t think wanting to work business with elite because that’s where the money would be made is the same thing as not wanting to work with someone that literally sued you for a couple years that used to be your best friend and we can leave it at that if you don’t wanna continue.

Most of the things said about punk I’ve just let slide in this thread because I don’t want to continue to fight about punk, but like the one thing that I’ve said from the very beginning almost two years ago that I will die on is that people need to stop acting like punk is the antichrist because he doesn’t wanna have anything to do with the guy that sued him and used to be his best friend. That’s my only thing.

So we can agree to disagree.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Look, I’m just trying to figure out what you’re even talking about anymore because I thought we were talking about the fact that a meeting between punk and the bucks never happened. That was what was reported that they never had a meeting. If they had a meeting I somehow missed it and then that’s different. And then I also don’t know what we’re talking about because if they had a meeting then he would have nothing to complain about. I thought that was the hypocrisy you were pointing at. Him being mad at someone not wanting to talk to him. So I was under the impression while we were having this conversation that a meeting never took place, with a lawyers or not was that the meeting never happened. That’s all I’m saying I don’t know what’s even going on anymore because the conversation has seemingly shifted but if you don’t wanna carry on the conversation that’s fine though but my only problem is is that I think anything punk does at this point is just viewed in a negative light even when there is no hypocrisy from my vantage point. I don’t think wanting to work business with elite because that’s where the money would be made is the same thing as not wanting to work with someone that literally sued you for a couple years that used to be your best friend and we can leave it at that if you don’t wanna continue.

Most of the things said about punk I’ve just let slide in this thread because I don’t want to continue to fight about punk, but like the one thing that I’ve said from the very beginning almost two years ago that I will die on is that people need to stop acting like punk is the antichrist because he doesn’t wanna have anything to do with the guy that sued him and used to be his best friend. That’s my only thing.

So we can agree to disagree.
either way, all love here I just don't wanna fight so imma leave it to that. I most def respect your pov on the matter and don't think you're arguing in bad faith or anything

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't think he's the anti-christ though and I feel every criticism I've put forward has been based on his actions and his words.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I hope I can add just one last thing, but I think this situation has definitely taught me that if I’m the owner and I know there’s some kind of weird friction like this I would actually take up that person on what they said, and I would force an arbitration between those parties with AEW‘s lawyer present, and each party can bring their own lawyer if they feel comfortable and that way they can have it on company record that the Issue is resolved so they can continue to work.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't think he's the anti-christ though and I feel every criticism I've put forward has been based on his actions and his words.
That’s fair. The fact that you actually condemned what Perry did I think goes to show that you’re not completely blindsided because there’s some people that will absolutely refuse that he did anything wrong whatsoever.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I hope I can add just one last thing, but I think this situation has definitely taught me that if I’m the owner and I know there’s some kind of weird friction like this I would actually take up that person on what they said, and I would force an arbitration between those parties with AEW‘s lawyer present, and each party can bring their own lawyer if they feel comfortable and that way they can have it on company record that the Issue is resolved so they can continue to work.
yeah I would have taken it out of wrestlers hands and said we're mediating this professionally and you're not coming back to work until then

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think AEW/Tony was afraid to be too hands on, but he’s getting better at it with Sammy’s recent suspension and those rumored Twitter fines. AEW can be your sandbox, but you gotta still mean business.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
What’s funny bringing his full circle to Bishoff is that was his problem. He never wanted to put his foot down unless he really didn’t like the guy to begin with like when he fired Waltman.

Ironically, most people on this site would probably take Eric’s side over Russo, but that’s actually why Russo and Eric didn’t get along because Russo actually wanted to punish talent and take them off TV when they refuse to do jobs and he did repeatedly. Luger famously suspended for months and Bischoff didn’t like that.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think AEW/Tony was afraid to be too hands on, but he’s getting better at it with Sammy’s recent suspension and those rumored Twitter fines. AEW can be your sandbox, but you gotta still mean business.
it also must be rough seeing your childhood fave self destruct and do damage to your company - can't have been easy to figure out your feelings there

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
it also must be rough seeing your childhood fave self destruct and do damage to your company - can't have been easy to figure out your feelings there
Not at all, but I think he realized that which is why he formed the committee.

But also, not as much if the rumors are true about him, not letting Perry back, which even Perry seems to hint at in interviews is the case, but I don’t wanna dive too much into another topic.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
That’s fair. The fact that you actually condemned what Perry did I think goes to show that you’re not completely blindsided because there’s some people that will absolutely refuse that he did anything wrong whatsoever.

On the Tony did nothing, wouldn't shock me if Tony told him "I can't do anything now as I'm running the biggest PPV in company history. I'll deal with it later" and Punk didn't like that

• Haha

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
On the Tony did nothing, wouldn't shock me if Tony told him "I can't do anything now as I'm running the biggest PPV in company history. I'll deal with it later" and Punk didn't like that
fwiw thats kind of what my thinking was too - im in gorilla and i dont have time to deal with this shit right now

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I mean, that’s completely fair. It could have happened that way. It’s a big day for him and AEW.

Which is why if Tony is still in his feels about it, I get it.

For the record, I think Perry should be allowed back. I’m not a fire him advocate, but I would get it if Tony isn’t interested anymore.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Pretty much what Punk was saying really when he said he was a nice guy but he wasn't a boss. Even the stuff about him asking what he should do with Perry when Punk told him to fix it, I suppose.