• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk on The MMA Hour

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
I think it's most def a large factor but I see rib and also an homage - and I don't think he's doing it to get under Eric's skin either - maybe it's also cuz i agree with the slogan.
I don’t think he would’ve made this catchphrase a thing if it wasn’t for the beef with Eric. I’m gonna be 100 on that but I do also think Tony still does like WCW and so I do think he probably also use it as an homage.

I mean one of the reasons why I liked AEW so much is dynamite is literally an homage to nitro. The AEW logo itself is very clearly the original WCW logo. And then you have collisions logo, which is very clearly the original nitro logo.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I don’t think he would’ve made this catchphrase a thing if it wasn’t for the beef with Eric. I’m gonna be 100 on that but I do also think Tony still does like WCW and so I do think he probably also use it as an homage.

I mean one of the reasons why I liked AEW so much is dynamite is literally an homage to nitro. The AEW logo itself is very clearly the original WCW logo. And then you have collisions logo, which is very clearly the original nitro logo.
the funniest thing is EB is so soft he thinks Tony dislikes WCW when we've seen time and time again him honor their legacy - he got so butt hurt because he said one negative thing about Ted Turner and it's been insanity since - who knows how much of it is real and how much EB just wants to grift like Cornette since aint nobody gives a shit about a WCW and attitude era recaps in 2020, we've heard it all.

then again, the way he talks about Meltzer is pretty unhinged too - dude seems to have some issues with accepting his own part in his business failures and projects all over the place

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
the funniest thing is EB is so soft he thinks Tony dislikes WCW when we've seen time and time again him honor their legacy - he got so butt hurt because he said one negative thing about Ted Turner and it's been insanity since - who knows how much of it is real and how much EB just wants to grift like Cornette since aint nobody gives a shit about a WCW and attitude era recaps in 2020, we've heard it all.

then again, the way he talks about Meltzer is pretty unhinged too - dude seems to have some issues with accepting his own part in his business failures and projects all over the place
His whole mantra is controversy creates cash, so I don't think there's too much to ponder there.

Roy Mustang

he did just say that his time in AEW is more positives than negatives, people just want to talk about the negatives.

Yeah but the issue I have is someone who has preached workers rights coming out with that comment about guaranteed money. What Hangman Page said (shouldn't have shot on Punk) is being proven right. He rightfully buried Vince 6 feet under, said some nice things but that line, fuck you Punk. What a bootlicker thing to say

Kross Rhodes

I’m honestly surprised like it doesn’t get talked about more but like the W that slams into the E at an angle and clips it is quite literally the same W that slants into the C from the WCW logo it’s the exact same shit. Even the middle of the a is missing like the sides of the Ws.

IMG_9251.png

IMG_9252.png

Nothing but love.

Kross Rhodes

To be fair WCW was the only thing I really want to hear about from him and I could listen to a new podcast about WCW at least once a week but I haven’t really checked out his channel in a while because it’s filled with all the anti-AEW stuff and that I’m not interested in.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I like this comment so I'm gonna post it here (not my thoughts but I agree with them):

CM Punk maligning someone for doing "dumb internet shit" on a major PPV when his own resentment leading up to Brawl Out was based exclusively on him caring too much about dirtsheet rumors and "dumb internet shit" is too rich in irony for me to take this stuff seriously. The only thing he's consistent with is his commitment to intellectual dishonesty.

Kross Rhodes

So basically it's OK when Punk does something but bad when TK does it? Jeff was on about people like you, not Kross Rhodes
At one point it was just punk versus the bucks and then it became the elite and then it was Jack Perry and now it’s Tony Kahn and Chris Daniels. It’s like can we throw any more enemies on top of this pile? I really wish these people would get off not really my side but like you know what I mean cause that’s like this war is just so 2022. I want to just watch Punk in WWE and watch my AEW favorites over there and just keep those worlds separate.

It’s like I’m still seeing tweets on my timeline as recently as a couple days ago about how supposedly collision is dead now without cm punk and it’s like yeah I probably preferred collision a little bit when punk was on it but like collision is still banging, so would you shut the fuck up?