CM Punk on The MMA Hour

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roy Mustang

Reaction score

"With it being someone’s dream, with it being all of our dreams, there‘s always gonna be…you probably know this, in your everyday life, there’s gonna be somebody who tries to strip it down, strip it from you, take it away from you, take your joy away. Don’t let them do it. Don’t let them. I don’t care if they’re in real life. I don’t care if it’s on fake life, social media. I don’t care if it’s in another company. Don’t let anybody strip you of what you love, what you’re passionate about, what you wake up for every single day. I know I talk about it, I talk about it to the point of annoyance. I have what kind of perceive to be my god, my side, my daughter, and professional wrestling, and that’s it. That’s all I got, and AEW affords me that luxury. AEW affords me that life, and now, not only does AEW afford me that life, they afford me to do it with my best friends in front of all you people,"

Based Dax. Punk can suck my fat fucking dick trying to take people joy and livelyhoods away with his little butthurt thinkpieces. Selfish little bitch, you can fucking keep em WWE

Dax was not shooting on Punk here btw. Dax does those promos regularly after Collison

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
On his run specifically? I'm not too sure. The return was magical, of course, and he had an all-time great feud with MJF as well. Basically everything he did before getting injured was sick. But everything post-All Out was tepid at best, and the negative impact he had on the company is still being felt to this very day.

As a whole, I actually don't think anyone or anything has had a more negative impact than him on AEW. :lol
Agreed

Great moments here n there but idk, two ruined title runs n running his mouth soured most of his run fir me. If he feels good about it good for him tho

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Dax was not shooting on Punk here btw. Dax does those promos regularly after Collison
I feel like we can interpretate it multiple ways. The timing of it with edges make me disagree slightly but hey,

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Agreed

Great moments here n there but idk, two ruined title runs n running his mouth soured most of his run fir me. If he feels good about it good for him tho
It's not even just him and the stuff that played out on-screen, but the tainting of the positive vibes that surrounded AEW before he showed up, and all the tiresome discourse that his actions caused and continue to cause, and the negativity and division he has incited even among the AEW fanbase, that wasn't a thing before he came along.

Reactions: Vegeta

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It's not even just him and the stuff that played out on-screen, but the tainting of the positive vibes that surrounded AEW before he showed up, and all the tiresome discourse that his actions caused and continue to cause, and the negativity and division he has incited even among the AEW fanbase, that wasn't a thing before he came along.
facts - and like you said there's still some animosity and negativity attached to his run. he did more damage to the brand than good, ill argue that till the day I die. Yes he brought more eyes. But AEW was white hot with plenty of eyes before he showed up. He did not make as much as difference as ppl claim bringing ppl in and he is a big reason why the perception of the company has completely changed for the worse publicly. glad he made some money and he's proud of himself though, the cunt :p

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
facts - and like you said there's still some animosity and negativity attached to his run. he did more damage to the brand than good, ill argue that till the day I die. Yes he brought more eyes. But AEW was white hot with plenty of eyes before he showed up. He did not make as much as difference as ppl claim bringing ppl in and he is a big reason why the perception of the company has completely changed for the worse publicly. glad he made some money and he's proud of himself though, the cunt :p
At the end of the day, he would have never even came to AEW if they weren't the hot ticket at the time. He definitely wasn't gonna make an in-ring return to WWE at that time given his heat with the regime and shit anyways, but I think if it were a situation where AEW were kinda sputtering and WWE were the ones on the hot streak, he woulda just stayed retired. Instead, AEW was killing it and everyone was hyped on the company and wanted to be there, and that's what spurred him to come in. I can't knock him for that. But the reality of the situation is, even though I still enjoy the hell out of AEW, he definitely left it worse off than he found it - at least in terms of the public attitude towards the company. TK shares some blame in that as well, of course, for being complicit in his politicking, but yeah.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
He killed the vibe and overshadowed the good shit in a way that they still haven't recovered from, and maybe never will completely. Those first few years were very special.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Also on if Punk was good for AEW: Overall no. He was a draw but he did more damage to the company than good

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Ageee with everything you said Hoss. I get heated about it because there's a sizable amount of folks who revised history n make it sound that the only time of hotness n success in aew was during the time punk was there n it's just so dishonest n removed from historical fact. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he brought when he did, but ppl act like he was the catalyst of change when the reality is aew was running roughshod already n he was the cherry on top. He was never the foundation for shit.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This isn't related to the interview but is Punk related. AJ has forgiven Punk for implying he was a racist :slip:

I mean, if you know anything about AJ Styles and CM Punk, you would know that we really don’t care for each other. But if you want me to ruin everything that you think you know, I can. Past performance predicts future behavior, right? Some over at AEW are my best friends - love ‘em, trust ‘em, know ‘em. And I was expecting a problem when [Punk] came here - and I was wrong. The guy looks like he’s happy to be here. He looks like a guy that I’d want to step in the ring with and tear the house down with.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Plus in kayfabe he actually fucked up the lore from day 1, but that's more tks fault

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This isn't related to the interview but is Punk related. AJ has forgiven Punk for implying he was a racist :slip:

Way to tease me! I NEED Punk and AJ in my life before either retires from WWE.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
My thoughts on Punk and AEW are they were not a right fit for each other in the long run and probably did irreparable damage to both brands in the end and it was wise to cut bait and move on. They probably should have after All Out. Seems like Punk already thought the relationship was already beyond saving and regardless of what you think of the whole Collision separation and Punk having veto powers, seems like he didn’t think that was a good idea either. Sometimes it’s better realizing it’s not gonna work when you have to separate your rosters to do business and let go the person who is disturbing the harmony of what you were setting out to do.

I will say though in the short term, I do think the first Punk run before Collision was needed for both parties. For a very brief period AEW was responsible for reviving Punk’s career and passion and is the most likely reason he’s with WWE now and he if he doesn’t see that, he’s blinded. I also think Punk helped AEW become the hottest thing since sliced bread. AEW was already getting there and anyone that says Punk did that alone isn’t trying to see the whole picture in good faith, but Punk was definitely a huge part of it. I know my friend that invited me to Minnesota twice to see AEW mainly got back into wrestling because of Punk’s return. We even drove specifically to Chicago for the all out show only to find out he had been fired, but it was still a great show nonetheless. I’m probably the fan I am now of AEW initially because of that Punk run. Regardless of what Punk’s feelings are on Tony and AEW, I am forever in their debt for that first dance experience. That was a top 5 moment for me and I know many others around the world.

At this point they need to realize the relationship was tried, there were ups and downs and ultimately it didn’t work out. AEW is seeing some of the best momentum it ever has with Dynasty and Mone and Will and Punk is doing a killer angle with Drew and Seth in their world title program. The wrestling world is on fire right now and everyone is feeling that heat.

Reactions: Hoss