CM Punk is a jerk...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingaviles

Reaction score
...just kidding. So, earlier today, my brother and I hit up LA Fitness to work out and we're about to bench press. The guy right across from us, facing us looks extremely familiar... beard, tattoos all over his arms, beanie... Turns out its CM Punk. Gotta admit, was a little starstruck lol. We didn't say anything, he moved to a different area and we continued working out--- until we saw him leaving. We were gonna try and ask for a picture but didn't wanna bother him while he was working out. So I started walking next to him and was like "excuse me,..." (he had his ear-phones in) and didn't look at me or stop. So I waited a few seconds and said it again, and he kept going.. kinda made a little hand gesture while holding his water-bottle, that I'm not sure if it meant 'back off' or if he was just trying to get a better grip on his bottle. Either way, no big deal.. prob didn't wanna be bothered after a hard work-out. Just cool to see him.

We're in Brandon, FL by the way.. right next to Tampa, where I believe they're doing a show soon. Anyone else have any stories about seeing a wrestler in the gym/somewhere public? (outside of the venue, or signing events etc.)

Jachson

Reaction score
In 2005 I met John Cena after a RAW event here in Kitchener, ON. You've got to give this guy respect for being the kind of guy he is. Wrestlers such as Big Show and Kurt Angle came out of the arena and just got in their cars and left. Cena, he stayed and signed autographs and took pictures for about 2 hours after the show. Lucky me he gave me the Boston hat he was wearing and signed it. Wished I had a camera though. Also, after his match with Edge, he came right to me and gave me his wristbands. This was probably because I was in a wheelchair at the time because I had broken my femur. But all in all, nicest wrestler I've ever met. This is why I'm still a fan of his till this day, he might not be the best in the ring, but he shows that he works his ass off day in and day out.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
In 2005 I met John Cena after a RAW event here in Kitchener, ON. You've got to give this guy respect for being the kind of guy he is. Wrestlers such as Big Show and Kurt Angle came out of the arena and just got in their cars and left. Cena, he stayed and signed autographs and took pictures for about 2 hours after the show. Lucky me he gave me the Boston hat he was wearing and signed it. Wished I had a camera though. Also, after his match with Edge, he came right to me and gave me his wristbands. This was probably because I was in a wheelchair at the time because I had broken my femur. But all in all, nicest wrestler I've ever met. This is why I'm still a fan of his till this day, he might not be the best in the ring, but he shows that he works his ass off day in and day out.

Did you just shit on Kurt freaking Angle?!?!

iamironman

Reaction score
wait we cant shit on angle?

*pulls up pants*

Jachson

Reaction score
^ Lmfao.

I'm not shitting on him, I actually wanted him to come sign something for me. But it's funny because Big Show and him fought eachother that night, then after they got in the same car together, LMFAO.

noumenon

Reaction score
Yeah, I've head quite a few stories of Punk being quite unpleasant in person, even at autograph signings.

I've actually had the chance to have pretty lengthy conversations with Jericho, Cena and HHH... all of them were extremely nice guys. Some people just don't like being approached while going about their every day tasks which I suppose is completely understandable. Wouldn't hurt to stop and sign an autograph, snap a photo or shake a hand every now and then though.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Punk should have stopped and at least given you a handshake, not classy at all.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^

Well it's not like Punk HAD to do anything at all.

Yeah, I've head quite a few stories of Punk being quite unpleasant in person, even at autograph signings.

I've actually had the chance to have pretty lengthy conversations with Jericho, Cena and HHH... all of them were extremely nice guys. Some people just don't like being approached while going about their every day tasks which I suppose is completely understandable. Wouldn't hurt to stop and sign an autograph, snap a photo or shake a hand every now and then though.

You still have that strand of Triple H's hair?

Kizza

Reaction score
Punk didn't need to shake his hand at all.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Yeah, Punk from what I have heard and what I have seen he isn't necessarily the nicest person, I wasn't sure if it was him trying to stay in character or just being a jerk, either way long story short he basically told a bunch of people to 'Go to hell' and 'put the cameras away'

I got the change to meet DDP back in the wCw days, he was a pretty nice guy.