CM Punk hits a fan - Intentional or unintentional?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
The fan who was struck by CM Punk on tonight’s WWE Raw is to take legal action according to Arda Ocal of The Score. Ocal tweeted:

"Local CBS reporter @colereporting, who was at RAW, spoke to man claiming to be the fan hit by CM Punk. He filed a report with Police."

The fan told Laura Cole of CBS 13 that he never touched WWE Champion Punk. Cole tweeted photos of the fan following the event (below), she said: "Just talked to the fan that says he was hit by @cmpunk. He says he never hit Punk. ... This fan says his face is a little warm after he says @cmpunk hit him. He also says Punk broke his glasses. ... The fan is still filling out a report with law enforcement. ... Getting questions about whether the fan I talked to actually hit @cmpunk. All I can do is report what the fan told me."

As you can see from the photos the fan sustained a minor bruise to the face and broken sunglasses.

cmpunkfan1.jpg

cmpunkfan2.jpg

This is pretty intense... Doubt WWE will be in the shitter for this, they'd probs give him a free ticket to a PPV with paid accomodation.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He struck the glasses guy because if you watch closely the dude behind him reached and blatantly pushes Punk to frame it on dude in the glasses. Misunderstanding that will probably get settled.

Blujay

Reaction score
Yeah that short kid in the black who appears to be wearing wrist tape like Punk's or maybe some Hardy armbands pushes Punk and gets in his face, Punk snaps on the wrong guy and the little kid backs away and shuts up. Punk is too valuable right now, he'll likely get a slap on the wrist and the guy will get a settlement. As for the question, it was obvious he intended to hit who he thought was pushing him. The wrong guy paid for it though.

Undertaker

Reaction score
It was only a matter of time until something like this happened which will probably result in WWE saying to their wrestlers that they need not jump over the barricades into the crowd unless you have a few security guards nearby. It's clear from watching the video that CM Punk did try to retaliate back after he was allegedly hit. I'm not sure how this will be dealt with over in the US but back here in England I highly suspect Punk would not face any action as it looks to me (viewing this from English law) that Punk is acting under common law and retaliating in self defence as he has no idea where the strike has come from.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
If the crowd kept pushing into me and hitting I would of done the same thing. I have to admit I do enjoy seeing fans getting beaten up

Killz

Reaction score
Now this is bad news. Bad publicity for WWE and you can bet if there were guys still not convinced that Punk was top dog they will have one hell of a reason to push for him to drop the title now.

As for the video it's clear he hits the wrong guy. The first two shoves seem to come from that boisterous fan in what looks like Punk merch who has short man syndrome. Then it appears the guy he hits gets shoved from behind and thus into Punk slightly causing the reaction.

I hope for Punks sake, and everyone elses, that this is some elaborately scripted angle. If it isn't though I expect Punk, being the guy that he is, to try and fix it himself. Expect that guy he hit to have tickets to Hell in a Cell and some merch for his trouble. Not a great end to a great main event segment.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Even if he'd of got the fan that tapped him on the back, I would still not condone him doing this. Let's be honest Punk is a professional, and should expect fans patting his back or slapping him when he goes into the crowd. I'm not gonna lie this is a dick move by Punk, also where the hell was security to prevent this happening?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah. Quite obviously intentional. Imo the guy who was hit by CM Punk didn't deserve it as it clearly seemed like an accidental forearm to Punk's head whilst he was putting his arms down whilst trying to get on camera. I guess Punk just already had enough of that kid in the black shirt on the left pushing him and getting in his ear and decided to swing at the next guy that touched him. Oh well.

About the fan in black, no fan should ever get that physical with the talent. It's ENTERTAINMENT.

Plus, as others have said. Where was the usual security when a wrestler goes into the crowd for a segment..?

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
At first I thought this was a work, but wow it looks like its legit. Punk deserves a suspension without a doubt. The guy barley did anything and this is the WWE, not some Indy where you can get away with. Really stupid on Punk's part, how do you do that at this point in your career? Absolutely ridiculous, no fan could justify this.

Fans will always be a nuisance to you, you just have to ignore it unless they legit hit you. To hit him after they just barley touched your head, seriously just ignore it. It will be interesting to see how Linda's campaign plays into this, still shocked this isn't a work.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
[video=youtube;AYaeOg4SWjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYaeOg4SWjo[/video]

This is what happens when some "big guy" wretling fan thinks he can beat up an athlete. Broken jaw in 2 places, from one punch. Would also say that A Double is around the same size as Punk.

Anyways, if a wrestler heads into the crowd without security, he should expect his time in the crowd to resemble a fucking mosh pit at the least, and a full blown riot at the most. Either way, Punk should not have layed his hands on any fan that was following the guidelines and remaining on said side of the barricade.

But, I also think this could have been a plant. A development/indy level wrestler put there just to draw the heat, like ROH did with Stein not too long ago.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Blah, they're doing anything to get Punk to some what *draw* but eh, majority of Wrestlingsmarks is a Punk mark so my opinion is pretty relevant, but this gives McMahon the ammo he needs if this is a legit situation to finally get that belt off Punk straight back onto a proper draw like Cena, hell find a loophole in Ziggles contract and have him cash in lol.

Never the less, Punk is a self-righteous prick and hopefully the book gets thrown at him.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
This is great.

Used to love it when Sabu and Orton got pissy at the crowd touching them too.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He struck the glasses guy because if you watch closely the dude behind him reached and blatantly pushes Punk to frame it on dude in the glasses. Misunderstanding that will probably get settled.
Lol that's not going to hold up. "Oh i'm sorry I smashed you in the face, didn't realise it was the guy behind you, my bad." Doesn't matter if he hit the right guy or not, he still smashed a fan in the face.