CM Punk has left WWE.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Would he really be? Seems like he'd be another ex-WWE guy whose star power runs out fairly quickly in a TNA ring. Would he be the next Kurt Angle or the next Jeff Hardy? But you good make a good point, if he can reach more people than the number of viewers Impact gets, that's better marketing than anything they're doing now. It won't be "Watch Impact" but just him bringing it up in a random tweet will help. And yes, talk about a dream promo!

It's an irrelevant point though, as Stop posted unless he goes back with the big 'E he'll probably go into the comics' industry.
Yeah, I believe he's burned out on wrestling tbh. Just seems like that to me.

I think he would be a good ambassador for TNA, tbh. He isn't lazy and worthless like Booker and Nash when they were there, that's for sure. I'm telling you, Phil would be great for TNA atm.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
It's an irrelevant point though, as Stop posted unless he goes back with the big 'E he'll probably go into the comics' industry.

Time to get ready to pack up, move to Chicago, and get a job at Challengers or at a comic shop he opens. :win:

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Anyway I 100% understand why Punk's done this. Saw something laughing at the fact that the royal rumble winner, world champion and tag-team champions are all Triple H's mates, while Bryan and others continue to be ridiculously under-utilised.

Hopefully the two parties can negotiate something to give Punk a proper, we'll-built exit at Payback.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Anyway I 100% understand why Punk's done this. Saw something laughing at the fact that the royal rumble winner, world champion and tag-team champions are all Triple H's mates, while Bryan and others continue to be ridiculously under-utilised.

Hopefully the two parties can negotiate something to give Punk a proper, we'll-built exit at Payback.
Really? Maybe finishing out his contract, finishing the storyline? 2 months, is all he had to do.

IMO if he dipped he is a bitch, and is certainly not deserving of any HBK comparisons. If he left it's his own fault and no one else's. He hasnt been good enough to main event WM, and my bet is HHH planned on going over him to give him time off, otherwise why would he not want to be the one to beat HHH? We all know Kane vs Punk is a Raw/ppv opener at best, no way that was going to be a WM match.

Reactions: Roi

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Really? Maybe finishing out his contract, finishing the storyline? 2 months, is all he had to do.

IMO if he dipped he is a bitch, and is certainly not deserving of any HBK comparisons. If he left it's his own fault and no one else's. He hasnt been good enough to main event WM, and my bet is HHH planned on going over him to give him time off, otherwise why would he not want to be the one to beat HHH? We all know Kane vs Punk is a Raw/ppv opener at best, no way that was going to be a WM match.

2 months? His contract is up in July, with Payback in June. Since MITB 2011, Punk has had half-a-dozen 5* matches, of course he's good enough to headline a Wrestlemania. Sure, he's lacked a b bit of motivation when feuding with Rybaxel, but come on.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
2 months? His contract is up in July, with Payback in June. Since MITB 2011, Punk has had half-a-dozen 5* matches, of course he's good enough to headline a Wrestlemania. Sure, he's lacked a b bit of motivation when feuding with Rybaxel, but come on.
his matches for the better part of 6+ months have not been 3* in my book. This is 2014, people need to stop talking about the pipebomb and start wondering why he is constantly working injured. His contract being up in July wasn't my point, it was to have him finish the feud with the Authority and he can dip after if he wants. It's unprofessional and laughable that people would want to back him IF he really left. He can take 2-3 years off and come back then, at least I wont have to hear his subpar matches were because he was working injured. Name me two big Rumble spots Punk had, he was in for 50 mins almost, what did he really do but lay in the corner?

Reactions: Roi

Solid Snake

Punk is a puss. Nuff said. Needs to get his crap together or be gone for good.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
his matches for the better part of 6+ months have not been 3* in my book. This is 2014, people need to stop talking about the pipebomb and start wondering why he is constantly working injured. His contract being up in July wasn't my point, it was to have him finish the feud with the Authority and he can dip after if he wants. It's unprofessional and laughable that people would want to back him IF he really left. He can take 2-3 years off and come back then, at least I wont have to hear his subpar matches were because he was working injured. Name me two big Rumble spots Punk had, he was in for 50 mins almost, what did he really do but lay in the corner?

Lol Kofi > punk because he did a cool jump in the rumble match. Yeah

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
You ignored my question to say Kofi is > punk because i thought it was decent this year? At least Kofi was involved the whole time he was in the rumble. Punk has even posted on twitter he has had shitty matches.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Why would I judge Punk's ability on whether he got a spot in the rumble match though

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
This is ssssoooooo stupid.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Half a dozen 5* matches? Dude, go watch some indy stuff.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Half a dozen 5* matches? Dude, go watch some indy stuff.

Yeah I should have said half-a-dozen matches that would have been solid WM main-events, which is the point i was trying to make

Reactions: seabs