CM Punk Finally Speaks Out On WWE Departure, Takes Shot at Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Mysterio is done and has failed about a billion drug tests. He seems like a perfect candidate to throw to the sheep.

Using a heel makes it feel more like a work, whereas using Mysterio makes it seem like "wow WWE is LEGIT fucking DB"

for the Batista/DB argument, we'll likely never know, but I really doubt WWE thought Batista was going to catch on again. I just. can't. buy it. If they are THAT ignorant as to what the fans want in 2014, we may as well all turn our TV sets off and never watch again because we are wasting our fucking time.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I dunno. I have a hard time believing it was in the plan before Royal Rumble to have Bryan main event Wrestlemania. It's not because I believe or do not believe anyone's claims, it's just that I can't give the creative people at WWE the credit for not only creating such an effective storyline and keeping it as secret as they would have to have done. They're really not great at either of those things.

And having Mysterio come out as number 30 to get booed other than a heel because a heel would be too obvious and they want to make it seem like less of a work, I just can't remember any time when WWE has actually put the amount of thought it would have taken them to decide to do that. Don't get me wrong, I actually think that the idea is absolutely brilliant, I just can't give anyone in WWE Creative the amount of credit I would need to give them if they actually came up with that idea. Their red herrings are never that clever.

Last edited:

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I assume the tweeted picture Ryback sent got to Punk.

Awesome :happy:

Roray

The Artiste
Reaction score
To be honest, even if Cabana and Punk wasn't to do this podcast, they would probably never be brought back. Especially Cabana.

The WWE can survive and move on HARD, they've done it on more than a few occasions, this is just another.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
To be honest, even if Cabana and Punk wasn't to do this podcast, they would probably never be brought back. Especially Cabana.

The WWE can survive and move on HARD, they've done it on more than a few occasions, this is just another.

As much as I love Punk, why wouldn't they be able to move on? It's not the end of the world. They've got so much great talent on the roster... Guys like Ambrose, Rollins, Bryan, Ziggler and when Zayn, Balor, Owens, Itami and Neville join the main roster, it's gonna be even better.

Also, speaking of never being brought back... One thing's for certain, though. Never say never in this business.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
True though. Look at Batista.

There are two returns that always make me believe anyone can return. Bruno Sammartino was the most shocking to me because for decades he had been extremely vocal about how he hated what wrestling had become. To see how Vince thought about it, if you watch the promo he did interviewing Mike Tyson, just check out the look on Vince's face when Tyson listed Sammartino as his favorite wrestler.

The other was the Ultimate Warrior in 1996. Although there wasn't as huge a presence on the internet for wrestling back then, I followed a lot of the newsletters and it was no surprise that almost no one in the WWF at the time liked the guy. The return for the Hall of Fame induction wasn't surprising at all... even as someone who despises the Ultimate Warrior, I thought he deserved that.

But with the animosity held between Vince McMahon and these two people not being enough to preclude them from eventually coming back, I don't think it would ever be an issue for Punk.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Vince is like Dana White. He says a lot of shit about a lot of people, but when it comes down to it he cares about guys who can make him money.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Vince is like Dana White. He says a lot of shit about a lot of people, but when it comes down to it he cares about guys who can make him money.

If you had to define Vince McMahon with one statement, this would be the most accurate one.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I actually enjoyed the pod-cast a lot. And I wouldn't jump onto the CM Punk bandwagon instantly, but it would be better if WWE gave their side. Which sadly, I doubt will happen.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed the pod-cast a lot. And I wouldn't jump onto the CM Punk bandwagon instantly, but it would be better if WWE gave their side. Which sadly, I doubt will happen.

WWE would prolly tell a completely different story, I suppose. But, who cares? Some folks would still hate on Punk. It's all over now, moving on...

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Not really, Dana White has a history of fucking people over to satisfy his own ego, rather then getting richer. Sure, Vince has an ego, but Dana runs a mob on the UFC, that's an entire new level of douchiness.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Not really, Dana White has a history of fucking people over to satisfy his own ego, rather then getting richer. Sure, Vince has an ego, but Dana runs a mob on the UFC, that's an entire new level of douchiness.
I was comparing their tendency to bury a guy only to bring them back later