CM Punk Documentary [spoilers]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Way to stay on topic everyone. :ace:

I mean fuck this thread is supposed to be about whether or not the WWE portion of the dvd seems biased and only there to influence the storyline. It's not supposed to be a thread about whether or not people are punk marks (though we have seen more than a few) So does it seem like the WWE portion is there to help out the current storyline? Does it seem a little odd who they selected to speak especially the WWE guys?

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Way to stay on topic everyone. :ace:

I mean fuck this thread is supposed to be about whether or not the WWE portion of the dvd seems biased and only there to influence the storyline. It's not supposed to be a thread about whether or not people are punk marks (though we have seen more than a few) So does it seem like the WWE portion is there to help out the current storyline? Does it seem a little odd who they selected to speak especially the WWE guys?
I didn't want to let it get off topic illogical bias whether it be about a guy I like or don't like bugs the fuck out of me so I couldn't let it go without a response.

But anyways I'm guessing you meant it feed to the current storyline cause of the Heyman aspect of him being the only guy who wanted him there? Cause otherwise I don't know what you are getting at. Don't think even then that it was meant for that was just to explain how it wasn't easy for him to make it in WWE given his size and look let alone climb up the ladder.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well it seems like a lot of poor pitiful me he had nothing positive to say about the WWE at all. The guys they had commentating seemed random Kofi and Hawkins and thats it? I mean they had like two one liners from Cena and a small thing from HHH. It just seemed like when it got to the WWE stuff he was still in character

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i know what you mean about the lack of star names, but it didn't bug me.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The star names wasn't an issue, but I understand what Prime is saying. I know it mentioned their tag run and I believe it showed Kofi gaming with Punk in the bus, just not sure if they mentioned what their connection was. Same thing with Lita, if you weren't really apart of the IWC and knew they were fucking, I would imagine that her appearance would throw you off too. Really shocked Vince wasn't on there too or possibly even Johnny Ace, instead we seemed to get Hayes and Trips to an extent talking for the higher ups.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Why bullshit about how he felt? We have so many guys give PC answers and not much of how they really feel and obviously based on his pipe bomb promo you could tell he was just legit pissed off about how things were going. He wasn't totally negative like you are making it out to be he raved about how much he enjoyed SES just didn't like how they let it fall apart when it could have been so much bigger which is obvious it should and could have been. He loved the feud with Jeff Hardy just didn't like how when it came for him to feud with Taker all of a sudden it was okay you gonna drop the belt and we got nothing for you. He also said how much he enjoyed his ECW title match with Jomo his tagging with Kofi and if u want to count OVW since it was developmental he enjoyed the hell out of that.

The WWE people you named in Kofi and Hawkins aren't random as those are good friends of his. Kofi being pretty much his best friend in WWE. They also talked to Hayes who I thought contributed good to it. The non WWE people were people who are close to him. So he didn't need anyone else he got the people who know him best and were around him most.

I'm glad Punk was pissed off a lot during his WWE run cause it showed he cared and wasn't just there sitting on his hands just waiting for a push and being happy with a check. Plus as he said he works best pissed off so it wasn't him whining and say poor me but it was him using it as motivation and importantly getting the point across to his peers that you should never be satisfied so you can stay hungry and make the most out of your career.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The star names wasn't an issue, but I understand what Prime is saying. I know it mentioned their tag run and I believe it showed Kofi gaming with Punk in the bus, just not sure if they mentioned what their connection was. Same thing with Lita, if you weren't really apart of the IWC and knew they were fucking, I would imagine that her appearance would throw you off too. Really shocked Vince wasn't on there too or possibly even Johnny Ace, instead we seemed to get Hayes and Trips to an extent talking for the higher ups.
I will agree that I wanted to see Vince speak on Punk. Wouldn't have minded Ace either.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Well this thread went to hell. All i'm saying is every wrestling fan should enjoy a great story of an underdog. This is a great story similar to the recent one I saw of Edge. I never understood why people never enjoyed a good story of a person, who wasn't supposed to make it. Thats why I say if you don't enjoy documentaries like this, you don't enjoy wrestling. I'll stand by that even if Dale wants to use Paul Heyman lines. People should enjoy feel good stories to entertaining people that deserve it. If you don't enjoy that, then what kind of fan are you? Maybe it's an "American" thing just to root for the underdog right?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Or you know people have different opinions, something you can't seem to grasp without telling them they're essentially wrong.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
No matter how good the story is and I feel it's a perfect wrestling story in regards to Punk it still comes down to personal preference. There is no such thing as a universal opinion.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Or you know people have different opinions, something you can't seem to grasp without telling them they're essentially wrong.

Anyone can have an opinion but Ill say its wrong because its how I feel. I can grasp it, stop trying to spark things like you always do.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
No one's opinion is wrong, I could say El Gigante was better wrestler than Punk and the most you could do was call me an idiot and say you disagree because it'd still be my opinion.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Sometimes I get too caught up into something great. I'll admit I get too passionate so I apologize for that but just in general, how can you not like this DVD? Its a great story.