• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

News Ciampa Appears At TNA Tapings

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
I'd say TNA is a big stage as long as they stay on TV. And didn't one network want them, but only if they could join them half way through the year? Which TNA declined as they needed TV way earlier than that to survive. Hopefully they can strike another good deal. Didn't Destination America promise TNA multiple shows? Kinda sucked that they never even did Xplosion as a proper show.

Either way, yes, Trevor Lee will be apart of the GFW invasion.

Oh, and Ciampa will be on Impact, not just Xplosion, which is awesome.
Blind fan.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Weren't they in worse financial shape than TNA? Plus TNA has over 10 years brand exposure compared to what a year for LU?
I was thinking more out of a size of the show/quality context. I have no idea regarding their finances outside of neither promotion making money.

LU does have very vocal fans and the show has received a lot of praise in its one year of existence. The field below WWE is very crowded with ROH, TNA and LU chewing at the bits.

Then there's GFW but they don't even have a TV deal.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
I was thinking more out of a size of the show/quality context. I have no idea regarding their finances outside of neither promotion making money.

LU does have very vocal fans and the show has received a lot of praise in its one year of existence. The field below WWE is very crowded with ROH, TNA and LU chewing at the bits.

Then there's GFW but they don't even have a TV deal.
Quality is one thing but we're talking size of the project are Lucha really up there in that department?

Stopspot

Quality is one thing but we're talking size of the project are Lucha really up there in that department?
I think it was @Wacokid27 who said that most TV shows lose money in their first couple of years. And both El Rey and Lucha Underground have backers with a lot of money behind them. The head writer also said that they had 90% of the funding for what they had planned locked for season 2 so if they don't get the final 10 they'll just downsize it a little bit. LU is apparently a 7 year project for what it seems. Or 7 seasons at least.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
I think it was @Wacokid27 who said that most TV shows lose money in their first couple of years. And both El Rey and Lucha Underground have backers with a lot of money behind them. The head writer also said that they had 90% of the funding for what they had planned locked for season 2 so if they don't get the final 10 they'll just downsize it a little bit. LU is apparently a 7 year project for what it seems. Or 7 seasons at least.
But does that mean they're bigger right now? I enjoy the Lucha Underground project greatly but I can't say I'd put them above TNA in size at this moment.

Stopspot

But does that mean they're bigger right now? I enjoy the Lucha Underground project greatly but I can't say I'd put them above TNA in size at this moment.
Neither has paying crowds, neither tours (TNA are supposed to tour so I guess they get that one), TNA has PPV. LU gets more praise for quality, LU has an established international partnership with AAA. TNA seems to only be able to burn bridges it seems. I'd personally put them fairly even right now but everyone has their own way of looking at things I guess.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
So we can all agree that currently in the marketing scheme of things, TNA > LU. Product wise i'm sure it isn't even close...but that isn't a realistic part of the argument for another year+, although TNA could get dropped anytime while LU seems to be a staple of the network.