Chumpski

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Zack Ryder, internet phenom, internet joke.

Yeah, his rise was awesome wasn't it? His internet show was hilarious in a way you can never take me serious EVER kind of way but he got some momentum. After months of insider jokes and horrible acting on ZTLS he finally gets to the big time Raw. Where he's super over with everybody than what happens? You get the probably worst push in a long time. I swear from night one of this garbage WWE booked him like even more a loser than he already was. He doesn't look legit, he never has. I'll say he's decent in the ring, though. However from crying to John Cena to being made even more like a fool on this week when he accepted Eve's kiss can it really get much worse? What is next for this chump? It's nothing positive for sure. I bet Mr. McMahon is having laughter fits in his office every week watching this internet sensation turn into a squirmy, good for nothing buffoon.

I don't want to over go over every single week of Raw again to prove this point anymore. You can call it bad booking by WWE or this kid's true personality. Either way I say it's a mix of both and that alone means he should never touch the main event scene.

Reactions: 1 person

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not much to add here. I love that he got himself where he is but his character is horrible. He's like a 14year old boy put in a wrestlers body and most of the storylines surrounding him only reinforce that image.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He was going to be cut and he flipped that around to being a regular on RAW, maineventing RAW, wrestling on PPVs and winning the United States championship. As cringeworthy as some of his stuff can be and as foolish as WWE try to make him look that is a pretty damn good run when you consider what direction his career was heading before he created this whole persona. WWE have tried to get their own back on him by making him look foolish but he has done well out of it. I think that from here he can make a steady living as a midcard comedy character, kind of like what Santino has been doing the past four years.

In the end he is laughing all the way to the bank, he is going to be getting some massive royalty cheques thanks to all his fans buying every single piece of merchandise that WWE produces.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He was always a joke though wasn't he?

His whole gimmick that got him over to start with was "bro I'm a jobber who doesnt get TV time lol"

Chadillac

Reaction score
Well, i already knew they never had any never had any serious plans for him... it was a short time merchandise gig. But i totaly agree with fresh, as far a a push, it was the worst executed posssibly.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Now that he is tight with Punk in real life, I'm sure Ryder will be around. If Gallows and Masters were still here, I'm sure Punk would of help them too stay on the roster regardless of their reboot gimmick.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
It's no surprise he's been turned into an even bigger joke, he can't be taken seriously, was never any good to begin with and he's just being milked for whatever merchandise they can get out of him before people stop caring completely.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
You're dead on when you say its a combination of WWE's terrible booking and Ryder's akwardness. At the beginning of this whole thing, Zack got himself over by utilizing viral marketing, something WWE is still grabbing a handle of. Despite the fact that Ryder has not really done anything to impress me yet performance-wise and the fact that WWE have pretty much clipped his wings off, you gotta give credit where its due to a guy who went from being a jobber to getting himself over immensly in a unique way.

But personally, I never saw what the huge fuss was about. I don't hate Ryder or even dislike him but I don't understand his appeal and why he's so popular.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You're dead on when you say its a combination of WWE's terrible booking and Ryder's akwardness. At the beginning of this whole thing, Zack got himself over by utilizing viral marketing, something WWE is still grabbing a handle of. Despite the fact that Ryder has not really done anything to impress me yet performance-wise and the fact that WWE have pretty much clipped his wings off, you gotta give credit where its due to a guy who went from being a jobber to getting himself over immensly in a unique way.

But personally, I never saw what the huge fuss was about. I don't hate Ryder or even dislike him but I don't understand his appeal and why he's so popular.

Yeah for that you'd have to figure out why most of reality is popular because that seems to be what has inspired his gimmick

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
He's like if the Jersey Shore were a person. I'm not so much angry as I am just confused at their popularity (well with Jersey Shore I'm a little more hateful).

Vivido

Reaction score
Jersey Shores a fucking joke, people lap it up, most of the music played on the radio is a fucking joke. People will like anything if they are force fed it, Ryder just jumped on the internet train and rode it to the top, so he can't be a complete joke, but his character is. Well done at appelling to the mass' and maybe in once this completely faded into history Ryder will think of someother way to get over, but for the mean time. Ryder's like a Popstar, popular for 5 minutes then nothing, Ryder needs to more like a Rockstar, remembered forever.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I think Ryder has the potential to be a great but the gimmick he has now has run it's course. There's no denying the guy has confidence and given a new gimmick I believe he could run with it just as well as his last one. I think a big problem is that Ryder himself is a mark for wrestling and is often acting like a fan rather than a wrestler.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Actually I think it'd be pretty easy to transition this character from what it is to a rockstar type in story he could even where face paint ala kiss and warrior. Not sure I'd enjoy it but do able.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Ryder's popularity imo has little to do with jersey shore and more to do with the fact that he went from looking like he was gonna be out of a job to being able to turn a internet show into something career saving and got him a push. I already knew the guy was bound to fall when it came to his push because WWE was kind of forced to push him rather than want to actually do it. And figured he'd fall when it came to fans on the net because it was a fad to like him and it's harder to maintain popularity than to get it.

As far as how his character has been on T.V I blame WWE here. Set the guy up to fail when his gimmick became lets see how many jackass stunts we can do with him every week while making him look pathetic. They were doing fine with his push until they put him in that Cena/Kane/Eve shit that may have seemed like a good idea in theory because it was one of the main angles but not when you're not meant to look good in it nor is it meant to advance your career.

Reactions: 1 person

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ryder had charisma, and no ring talent. Simple as that.

Maybe the guy should've blew the office away with the little ring time he got, before he started showing off the kinks in the hair-do, and showed the world he couldn't change a tire.