Christopher Daniels

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Well, we all know that Daniels returned at the Big Bang, he didn't wrestle but he appeared and talked and from what I've read he's signed on for a few events with Ring of Honor. Your thoughts on Chris Daniels as a wrestler, thoughts on him coming back to ROH, what would you like to see him do? etc.

Montana

Reaction score
He was an awesome heel in ROH. I kinda have mixed feelings as far as what i want him to be doing. I'd like to see him heel out and beat Tyler Black for the ROH belt. On the other hand, guys like Strong/Richards are ready to hold the belt too. So maybe coming in as a face, helping out of the established ROH stars would be good too. Either way, im sure it will be good. I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps straight to the main event, before long.

G 3

Reaction score
There's no doubt Daniels will be main eventing. Daniels vs Richards can be a motyc. I hope Roderick Strong or Chris Hero get the belt before him though. Black vs Daniels will be good, probably.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I'm all for Daniels jumping right into the Main Event picture, just as long as he doesn't win straight away, I do want him to become Champ because he really deserves it but guys like Strong and Richards that have been in ROH for awhile now really deserve it before him. Although Daniels should definitely get a good long run with the belt as he should have had in TNA.

I think a heel Daniels is what they need right now, I'd be all for him leading another stable too. Heel Daniels would have good feuds with the likes of Black, Strong and Richards, it would give Aries a little break from being the #1 dominant heel as he has been since Nigel left. Daniels could have some great matches with numerous other wrestlers too, the likes of Generico, Omega, King, Cabana etc.

Daniels back in ROH is going to be awesome, just what they needed.

Montana

Reaction score
It is what ROH desperately needed with the loss of Dragon and Nigel. I wouldn't be too surprised if Homicide isn't far behind. May be wishful thinking, but never say never with Samoa Joe too.

I'd like to see a mini Daniels vs. Erick Stevens fued too. This may be just what Stevens needs too. We last saw Daniels at Good Times, Great Memories wrestle Erick Stevens to a 15 minute draw. Stevens asked to 5 more minutes, Daniels declined and announced his farewell ROH Tour, and how he should have never came back to ROH. I'd like to see Stevens try to get some redemption on him. Could be a good first fued, but it looks like Ricahrds will face him in his first big match.

Soul_of_Ruby

Reaction score
Just wtf is so great about Erick Stevens?

He's one of my top 5 most hated wrestlers. I've always hated that he wrestles like a big man yet he's tiny. Ffs, he's smaller then Aries! His mic skills are nothing spectacular. So will someone please explain to me why everyone loves this guy so much?

Montana

Reaction score
He's one of my top 5 most hated wrestlers. I've always hated that he wrestles like a big man yet he's tiny. Ffs, he's smaller then Aries! His mic skills are nothing spectacular. So will someone please explain to me why everyone loves this guy so much?

I don't think everyone loves him. In fact i think most people don't like Stevens. (Hence why they turned him heel) Me personally think he's a pretty good hard nose wrestler. He is bigger than Aries, but yes he is rather small. I think he's liek 6 foot 240. Does wrestler like a big man, mostly because he's wrestling guys less than 200 lbs. Certainly that won't work if he moves to a bigger company. Look at the Strong vs. Stevens fued in FIP and ROH. You can't deny he's not tough. He's had good matches with Danielson, Aries, Strong, Morishima in ROH. Im not saying put the belt on the guy, but at least use him in some form.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
[yt]O_0oxX9g81o&[/yt]

THIS is what ROH needs.

But seriously, he'll probably have his run with Davey after he gets back from NJPW, which I think will work in his favor in the long run. Remember though, he's never been ROH Champion before so they have something to build off of if they wanna go that route instead of just putting the title on him right away. I'm happy he's back most importantly, because he's awesome and deserves way better than what TNA had him doing since Hogan came in.