Christopher Daniels is back (So stop bitching)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Alright folks, for the past year, everyone was bitching about bringing Daniels back. So the Fallen Angel makes his big return, and no one seems to care. Then, everyone was hating TNA cause the MEM had all the momentum... and i said "Wait till Daniels returns, and then all the momentum will shift" Well that just happened.

So what does everyone think now? Will the momentum shift to the frontline?

To be honest, i'm surprised TNA has been able to keep this storyline going 7 months or so, and i still think it's going pretty strong. They might have used Rhyno/3D in the middle there, but none the less, like i said then and now, it was good, because they could keep the storyline going. If Joe and AJ lost to the beat, or beat the champ, the storyline would be pretty much done.

I've also been saying this a while. I think there is a heel turn for someone big to the MEM just around the corner. I dont know if its jarrett, or someone new like Daniels....but i could see the frontline winning at lockdown, Then another shift of power.

ALso

What did everyone think of his return?

I thought Daniels had a nice match going with Angle. I would have loved to see it go another 10 minutes. They did a great job for the time they had.

03mnm

Reaction score
I am so glad Daniels is back and he looked good in his match with kurt last night.

However it will be interesting to see what type of push he gets after Lockdown. It will be interesting to see If he will be a long term main eventer. Keep in mind Daniels will be 38 at the end of the year so I dunno if he's one of those young guys TNA is gonna wanna push to the top, because he's not really young.

I can see him wrestling a couple of big matches against the MEM but who knows what will happen after that, hopefully he wont then return to X-Division and Tag Team stuff in the long run. But I guess we'll have to find out for sure, and it's still possible he could be main eventer. I just really hope he changes his wrestling gear. That weird shirt with the collar, reminds me of something a gay guy would wear dressed in leather.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
His match was great. It was the most TNA that I have watched in at least 6 months. I was a little pissed that they had to have the BS ending to it though. An Angle vs. Daniels feud could easily carry TNA as a company for a couple months.

phantomgerald

Two minor gripes about his return. Firstly I didn't dig his outfit. He should just stick to tights. And did he look slightly scrawnier?

Second, they can't even give him a win? That sucks and it completely makes things unsolved leading up to Lockdown. What a stupid way to head into the match and what a way to end Impact. At least show what Samoa Joe was going to do to Jarrett or don't even appear at all.

Montana

I'm surprised you guys didn't like the ending. It made sense to me. Why would you give the good guys the advantage going into the big match??? It adds pyschlogy to the match. It made Daniels look good by pinning angle. Now it puts a thought in the back of your mind Jarrett could join the mafia. It all worked imo.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
^^^ Well really, he didn't pin Angle. He sorta lost the match. You don't have a guy that's making his huge return lose his first match back. It's just bad booking.

Reaction score
^^^ Well really, he didn't pin Angle. He sorta lost the match. You don't have a guy that's making his huge return lose his first match back. It's just bad booking.
What was bad about it? They had a guy who was mid card at best when he left, and in his first match back they put him against the top guy in the company and made him look like he was on the same level as Angle. He was able to hang in there the entire match and they had him come within a second of defeating Angle. He came out of that match looking great.

Wordlife

Christopher Daniels is here to FINALLY save TNA! Thank God He's BACK!

Montana

What was bad about it? They had a guy who was mid card at best when he left, and in his first match back they put him against the top guy in the company and made him look like he was on the same level as Angle. He was able to hang in there the entire match and they had him come within a second of defeating Angle. He came out of that match looking great.

Right....and technically Daniels won the match, the ref said he won...then Jarrett just reversed the decison. Angle didn't even have a hand on Daniels while he was being pinned. I don't think daniels came out of that match looking bad at all. TNA just wanted to do something conterversial so we have something to talk about.

xtremebadass

I refuse to acknowledge the Front Line vs. MEM, it's just really getting old and played out. There is just too much of this "Who's side is this guy on?" over and over again. If TNA likes playing the same card over and over again, then we got this for another 8-10 months considering how many guys consist both sides.

Now, onto more important matter, The Fallen Angel. He returned and I couldn't be happier. He doesn't have his stupid bear or his Eye tattoo, he is classic Christopher Daniels. He looks awesome in the ring, love his new ring gear, just wish I could have seen a BME yesterday. Great way to come back by facing Angle. I thought he was super jacked in his priest gear until he took his shirt off and was like, well, not as jacked as I thought. Awesome never the less. It's pretty hard to believe Daniels could beat Angle, but they played it well, they made Daniels win just to get it out of everyone's system and made everyone happy, which is what fans wanted, then it settled and they reversed the decision, which I don't think people were that pissed off over.

Although...even the the call was wrong...DANIELS WAS NEVER PINNED and ANGLE STILL DIDN'T WIN! WTF is that? The match should have continued.

Mike and Don didn't really freak out as much as I expected. After the first commercial break they just say "This is our main event Kurt Angle vs. Christopher Daniels" then resume calling the action, no emphasis on Daniels' return or nothing. Dumbasses.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Right....and technically Daniels won the match, the ref said he won...then Jarrett just reversed the decison. Angle didn't even have a hand on Daniels while he was being pinned. I don't think daniels came out of that match looking bad at all. TNA just wanted to do something conterversial so we have something to talk about.

I wouldn't say he came out looking bad either, I just think that the booking of the ending was crappy. Instead of whatever happened after the double pin they could have had Angle and the MEM beat down Daniels, the match gets restarted, Angle wins, MEM/Frontline brawl, Frontline win brawl, and Daniels hits the BME on Angle before the show ends. If it was booked that way Daniels didn't need to win, he may have lost the match (due to cheating), but he overall won the battle for the night. People would remember Daniels hitting the BME much more than they would remember him getting pinned, just like people will remember Angle "winning" more than Daniels holding his own.

just my 2 cents (NBT should recognize this)

Double J

Reaction score
I don't know why but Daniels just looked older to me. I know he's not as young as AJ Styles, but before he left he just looked better. I mean he even looked older than Kurt Angle to me.

In ring he looked good, it was just the way he looked personally.

As for the match, I don't know why but I knew it was going to be him coming out. I couldn't think of anyone else that was former champion that was still employed with the company that would fit the "Frontline" character. The match ending itself was stupid just because any normal change would be for the match to continue and then Angle would win that way.

Saying Angle won the match just because the ref's view point was off was just stupid. I'm curious to see what this big secret is that Jarret and Stiener keep talking about. The easy way out would be Jarret to join the MEM, but I think it'd be a lil more complex than that.

It's going to be something to do with the "Run of Power". Over the past few weeks we keep seeing these conversations about who runs TNA and who's in charge and we keep seeing Jarret get up and say he is. Kinda like it was last night, but also last night we heard Foley say that he runs the show.

I have a bad feeling it will end up being a bad NWO/Bishoff remake...

phantomgerald

Ok after thinking about it and reading a few comments, I take my last post back. The pin was a good idea. I agree now, the faces shouldn't get the advantage. But shouldn't the match have restarted and I still hate Samoa Joe coming out and not doing anything.

Qwake

Awesome to finally see him back! His new ring gear was different in a good way imo, shows how unique he is.

It was a good comeback match and what a way to welcome him back, with a huge match against Kurt Angle, the leader f the MEM and probaby the most popular guy in TNA. The match was good although it should have gone longer but it wasn't to much of a problem. Daniels came out looking quite good as he was declared the winner until the decision was reversed which makes MEM the favourites going into the Lethal Lockdown match but also shows what Daniels is about and that he can wrestle with the best that TNA has to offer.

I would really like to see him feud with Kurt Angle, We have seen Angle Vs Joe and We have seen Angle Vs Styles, now all thats left out of the best of the original TNA talent is Daniels to take on Angle. There are a few possible storylines that could start a feud between the two and the matches would be great if given the time needed.

DANIELS FOR CHAMP!