Christopher Daniels/Curry Man

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Alright, many members of this forum, as well as pretty much as the whole IWC has been crying about Christopher Daniels being masked, and put into a comedy gimmick (which I find hilarious) like Curry Man. Everyone complains about how talented Daniels is, and how much better off he is as the 'Fallen Angel'. Now let's just stop for a second, and think of the question that has come to my mind: How does Christoper Daniels taking off his mask and becoming the Fallen Angel again improve things?

Seriously. Daniels is a great wrestler when given the chance. But that isn't going to do anything for TNA at all. People may be happy on the net, but it won't improve ratings, which is what TNA are after. So why bother changing it?

People may say, that Curry Man isn't bring in ratings either. However that's my point. There is no point changing him, as neither really makes a difference. So get over all of the crying about Curry Man/Daniels imo.

Moonlight Drive

Yes, but think about it this way.

Why does Daniels have to be Curry Man? It's like making Mr. Kennedy Doink when you could use Jimmy Wang Yang, it doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose as to why.

Sure, Curry Man may be funny but Daniels will get nowhere under the gimmick, which could easily be performed by another superstar. So I'd rather see, I don't know, some random jobber be Curry Man and let Daniels once again become a serious heel.

This is one of the reasons TNA will never suceed.

How is it possibly hurting TNA? It has no affect at all on them, as it doesn't change them from attracting the casual fans.

Qwake

Well Christopher Daniels is a popular guy, he is known for alot of his ROH/indy work and old TNA work. As Christopher Daniels he is serious and has a great moveset but its different when he is curryman. It affects TNA because all the guys who like Daniels (like me) hate him being a non serious wrestler who is underused and is teaming with a shark who acts like Austin (sorry sharky :( ). If they turned him back into Daniels then all his fans would come back and with the right build up could get easy ratings :y:

Moonlight Drive

I belive it hurts TNA for the simple fact they could be utilising Daniels as a ME heel, and putting on great matches with Styles, Angle, Cage, Joe etc., but he will be stuck in the mi-card not really doing anything whilst he's Curry Man.

BUT Daniels isn't needed to be Curryman, so i don't see why they can't put the gimmick on someone else

lord batair

Reaction score
BUT Daniels isn't needed to be Curryman, so i don't see why they can't put the gimmick on someone else

Maybe not ? Maybe Curryman work so well because Daniel is great on a comedy character ? I'm not sure that if you put someone like jimmy rave for exemple in the curryman costume it will work.
And maybe Daniels enjoying the curryman gimmick he can do funny stuff that he can't do when he's the fallen angel( i so hate that gimmick by the way, all the stupid mix of symbol just for looking cool and the "goth music" it look very 80's and it's just work with the Taker now.)
But in fact maybe TNA wasn't planning to keep curryman for so long, but it worked well so he's still here.

King Lennie said:
If they turned him back into Daniels then all his fans would come back and with the right build up could get easy ratings
Christopher Daniels does not equal ratings. If Kurt Angle doesn't raise ratings, Christopher Daniels sure as hell won't.

-HBK- said:
I belive it hurts TNA for the simple fact they could be utilising Daniels as a ME heel, and putting on great matches with Styles, Angle, Cage, Joe etc., but he will be stuck in the mi-card not really doing anything whilst he's Curry Man.
They have enopugh main eventers. Daniels would just be causing the midcard to be even more clogged up.

I knew this thread would draw a response :D

gashface

Reaction score
I like daniels as curry man atm, if you ask me he's getting more attention as curry man than he was as daniels for the last year or two he was daniels on screen in TNA. Daniels character was dry and boring, he needed refreshing. I love curry man, he's entertaining, he still has the in ring skills and TNA can use him for comedy. I do believe in say six months - a year, then will be the right time to bring Daniels back, but not right now.

chessarmy

I think Christopher Daniels is better than Curry Man, its pretty obvious. But the fact is, I don't think we are going to see "the fallen angel" any time soon. TNA probably has no plans to use him as a main event wrestler so I say, expect some more of Curry Man for at least a few more years. Imo, Curry Man has gotten old. Its a gimmick that doesn't have a long shelf life, and I know that even you BKB will get sick of it one day.

Soulpower

This is one of the most STUPID things in wrestling at the moment. I like The Curryman character, but only as a part time thing. Daniels is one of the best overall wrestlers in the world, and his talents are being wasted on a joke gimmick.

Let him go back to the Fallen Angel character (Bring him back anyway you can) and have him dominate the X-Division and/or put him in the upper-card. The man deserves better than what he's getting at the moment.

Reaction score
I agree with Lord Batair...

I liked Daniels as Fallen Angel. He is ok as Curry Man. What if TNA's use of Daniels actually has something to do with what Daniels wants to do? Perhaps he enjoys playing Curry Man? Maybe, unlike WWE apparently, TNA has actually used input from someone who isn't HHH or another head hauncho.

Maybe not, just a thought.

Famou$ 187

It's weird but I think it's not Christopher Daniels anymore. I mean have you noticed whenever Curry Man talks he has a different accent than he use to have?

Enigma22

Reaction score
i figure he will go back to the fallen angel gimmick eventually. they will demask curryman eventually and daniels will be back. also im sure daniels enjoys the gimmick and he has a lot of control over it. also i think its a good change because usually if daniels is there he would be in the tag title picture and its nice to have some other people in there, including cury man...

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
sure, the return of the Fallen Angel won't help ratings, but it would make for a somewhat better wrestling show. TNA could make Vince Russo champ, and the ratings could stay the same. The thing with TNA is that people are worrying too much about the last show's rating, and less about how good or bad the show was.

MikeRaw

NObody is saying he should change back for ratings... Not anyone I've seen anyways. From what I've heard, AND my opinion, we want him to switch back not for ratings, but just because it's better. It's better for him, like, it make shim more serious, and more pusable... And it's better for fans, because alot of us, at least the ones complaining, want it more serious, and not some lame comedy, AND wan Daniels pushed. So it's not about ratings, just that we hate how he is now.