Christian shouldn't give up

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CMS

Reaction score
On being World Champion. With the way WWE has been booking, specially Smackdown, you never know when they might give him the ball and put the World Heavyweight Championship. It's not like Rey Rey and Kane winning the strap was something they were being built to a long time before that or something everybody could see coming longtime before it happened.

What I'm getting at is that guys you didn't expect to win the championship wore gold this year. Swagger turn into a main eventer, Rey and Kane, two guys who most people thought were going to stay as one time World CHampions, won their second one. What's to say Christian won't suddenly get pushed and pick up the belt?...

Airfixx

Reaction score
Woud be nice to see, but ultimately I don't really care if he wins the belt or not... I just think he should be getting decent ring time against the likes of Drew, Cody & Ziggler...

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
On being World Champion. With the way WWE has been booking, specially Smackdown, you never know when they might give him the ball and put the World Heavyweight Championship. It's not like Rey Rey and Kane winning the strap was something they were being built to a long time before that or something everybody could see coming longtime before it happened.

What I'm getting at is that guys you didn't expect to win the championship wore gold this year. Swagger turn into a main eventer, Rey and Kane, two guys who most people thought were going to stay as one time World CHampions, won their second one. What's to say Christian won't suddenly get pushed and pick up the belt?...

Exactly the reason he won't wear world gold. Everyone still EXPECTS Christian to win something by the end of the year (I'll live with an IC title reign tbh) and that's why it won't happen. Ever Swagger got elevated and Rey/Show/Kane eased into the main event, Christian has been back-burned. However, there are too many great upper mid card feuds he can have right now for me to complain. Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Drew, even Matt Hardy.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Rey? I should have hope because Rey won the title this year? What happened during his title reign? Swagger bitched him out since Rey won the title and Kane beats him. And this happened in what 3 weeks. Yep. Future sure looks good for Christian. Kane just won the title and hasn't done anything with it yet. So I don't know why he's added into it besides holding the title. Christian holding the title isn't enough. It's the title too. But my hopes for Christian left a long time ago.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
On a side note: I think Kane is a poor choice to have won MITB

Reaction score
I'm tired of people always complaining about Christian should be getting pushed or Christian should be getting the strap. It might not happen in the WWE, so what? It's not like he actually hasn't won a world title. He was NWA/ TNA World Champion. Some of you are forgetting what position he was in before he went to TNA on Smackdown. Bascially the same one he is in now. Christian is in the same boat as Owen Hart and Mr Perfect, two of the greatest wrestlers of all time, yet never won the big one in the WWE. Im saying that there is nothing wrong with being in midcard. Some people make a career out of it. There's wrestlers that are probably better than Christian in the indies that are most definitely worser off than Christian is.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Fuck Kingston. IMO, if there was an opportunity for either Matt Hardy or Christian to elevate their careers, that time would have been then. I was seriously pulling for one of those two to win and I have a strong hatred for Matt Hardy. I think a Kane title reign is long overdue, but it could have waited until later on.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
You guys hatred for Kingston is ludicrous. But agreed on the Kane thing. I've been a fan of his since 1st started watching. He wasn't at the top of my list for top fav, but I've liked the guy. I don't think he should have gone the MitB route to win the title.

Reaction score
With the little amount of smackdown i've been able to see the last 3 months, it seems like lately Christian has been bumping his ass off in the ring. He looks good, and has made his opponents look good.

What I think it's going to take for Christian to truly get to the main event is for a big time feud with Edge that creative has flirted with and teased for years now.

Hell, if it's good enough, it could be a wrestlemania main event, or co-main event. Perhaps the next time a 'Mania is in Canada.

nation

Reaction score
I'm tired of people always complaining about Christian should be getting pushed or Christian should be getting the strap. It might not happen in the WWE, so what? It's not like he actually hasn't won a world title. He was NWA/ TNA World Champion. Some of you are forgetting what position he was in before he went to TNA on Smackdown. Bascially the same one he is in now. Christian is in the same boat as Owen Hart and Mr Perfect, two of the greatest wrestlers of all time, yet never won the big one in the WWE. Im saying that there is nothing wrong with being in midcard. Some people make a career out of it. There's wrestlers that are probably better than Christian in the indies that are most definitely worser off than Christian is.

okay? The NWA title has lost its relevance. Its a damn good accomplishment and is a world championship but the WWE/World Championship are the most prestigious. Maybe you aren't aware but Owen Hart is dead. He was killed in an accident(that should have been prevented) so he never had the chance to run the course of his career sadly. Mr.Perfect had injuries and drug issues. Christian is a clean healthy guy. Guys better in the indies? What drugs are you taking?

Its just fucking bullshit. Three fucking times he has been screwed out of winning the world championship. First in 2005 he was the most over heel in the company and everyone wanted to see him beat Cena and Jericho in the triple threat match. That never happened. He got screwed. Next he proves himself as a credible champ with the ECW belt, adds prestige to it, and makes jobbers and washed up guys like dreamer look like gold while staying over and he WAS fucking over. Primed to win the WM 26 MITB after the departure of WWECW but that never fucking happened. Finally he gets built up like he really could win in it this time, puts on great matches with the midcard while moving himself up the ladder and getting a bit more over as a result and he gets fucked again. Fucking bullshit.

Reaction score
okay? The NWA title has lost its relevance. Its a damn good accomplishment and is a world championship but the WWE/World Championship are the most prestigious. Maybe you aren't aware but Owen Hart is dead. He was killed in an accident(that should have been prevented) so he never had the chance to run the course of his career sadly. Mr.Perfect had injuries and drug issues. Christian is a clean healthy guy. Guys better in the indies? What drugs are you taking?
It doesn't matter about the prestige. I was pointing out that he has won a world championship. People are complaining about him winning a World title, when newsflash: he was a world champion. It's not like he was in the indies. He was in NWA/TNA as a world champion ON TV. Yes Owen Hart is dead, thanks I already knew that. I'm aware of Hennig already passing too. I was actually putting Christian on the same level of Hart and Perfect, I guess you didn't see that. I still stand by my claim that there are guys in the indies that are better than Christian, if only they had the chance that Christian does. I know you've heard of CM Punk. You know, the guy that came from the indies to TNA, then to WWE who is now getting better heel reactions than Christian ever did and hands down, a better wrestler than Christian. Some guys dig their own graves. When Christian left for NWA/ TNA, that's all Vince wanted to know about Christian, he's second rate. You ever think that hadn't he not left and stayed it out getting paid more than NWA/ TNA, that he might have a world title under his belt? Christian fans should be lucky that Vince let him back in the WWE at that. He could of screwed his career over and not let him back in the WWE at all.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I do think that if Christian would have stayed in WWE that he would have been world champion by now. I think this is another one of these "examples" WWE makes out of people to teach them a lesson.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Christian will never be world champion.

There has to be some guys who never win it and stay in the midcard and Christian is one of those guys. He'll have a great career and probably numerous IC/US title reigns but that ECW title is the closest he is ever going to get.

Pat Patterson

Banned
Reaction score
Christian may or may not win the title. It depends if he is willing to take a shot in the mouth. Get my drift?

But if he does what's right, sure I could see testing the crowd response by putting him in a 30 minute Broadway with Sheamus.