Christian Pastor Says Men Who Play Video Games Are Losers Possessed by a “Blue Spirit”

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
***Update***: Looks like the church deleted the video. Good thing I saved a copy.

Here’s the clip:

Usually, when we see a pastor complaining about video games, it’s one of those retro clips from the 1980s. This one, courtesy of Faith Christian Center in Texas, is from just a couple of months ago.

Pastor Gene Lingerfelt goes off on men who play Xbox, blaming “that Blue spirit” for why beautiful young women in the church can’t find dates.

And don’t even get me started on the Xbox. And all of that. If you have callouses on your thumbs, you’re a loser. If you’re more than 18 years old and you’re still jackin’ around with that stuff… [does “L” gesture].

I curse that spirit in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

There are young gals in this church. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful young gals, and you know why they can’t get a date? ‘Cause that Blue spirit got onto young men.

Amen.

Some of you women, you have my permission — blame me. He come home — I’m talking about your husband come home, and that’s gone. And don’t just throw it in the trash — he’ll go fish it out — you gotta put in the bathtub full of water before you throw it in the trash. Now don’t do that while it’s plugged in… [Laughter]

Ah, yes… throw away the thing that makes someone happy. Always the key to a great relationship.

Lingerfelt also called video games a “time waster.” Though if he knew anything about modern gaming, he’d know that it’s a way for a lot of people to socialize, talk to their friends, and just relax. (And that it’s not just men who play the games.)

But that would require doing a bit of research, and why bother with that when you know you’re already speaking for Jesus?

Shit like this (among a ton of other shit) is the reason I am an atheist.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
It's stupid but everyone will always judge someone else for having a different hobby than them.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Obviously angry because kids are too busy playing games to go to church and get molested.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
32sy1lo.gif