Christian and Ziggler's Character Analysis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to spark a conversation here, I felt it really bugs me on the state of Ziggler's and Christian's character, I hate it, and I think that the way they are headed atleast for Christian isn't good. In this in-depth analysis you'll see what I mean, but for starters Ziggler does not need Gurrerro to attract heat, he can do it himself. He's great on the mic, and he doesn't need to be the puppet for Gurrerro. And Christian as a face, I'm just not buying it, I mean if he was on the mic more, atleast it would be a little bit more interesting and he didnt need to be a full out face. But anyways lets get started.

DOLPH ZIGGLER

Where He Is Right Now:
Ziggler right now is fresh off the defeat from Sheamus at No Way Out, and just recently Friday Night Smackdown, and honestly I didnt take Ziggler seriously as an opponent when he won on RAW for the contendership, he was there to fill the void for the already thin roster, and I just didnt buy it. Sheamus beat him clean before No Way Out, so the believability for Ziggler winning that match was already wiped. Recently, Vikkie parted ways with Jack Swagger and is now focusing on Dolph Ziggler. Personally I think it should be the exact opposite. Jack Swagger is the man that is in need of consultation, and in need of a big push, because Swagger is too good in the ring to pass out on, secondly Vikkie brings Ziggler down, rather than benefit him. I'm sure you've guys heard this all before, but it's true Ziggler does not need Gurrerro, so the WWE needs to listen to the IWC

Where I Want Him To Be:: Ideally, I want Ziggler to be a World Champion by Survivor Series. That's when I see Sheamus dropping the title, and it atleast makes him look like a formidable champion if he has that type of reign, which I'm sure he will. Sheamus is the Number 4 babyface in the company, and the second biggest face on Smackdown behind Randy Orton, I'm sure that's going to change once Orton turns heel, but that's a whole 'nother thread :D, I think Ziggler will win Money in the Bank, just so it's an added incentive just in case WWE screws up the booking beyond Money in the Bank, which I'm sure they will. They already screwed up his booking ever since he faced Punk at Royal Rumble. I thought he was fast-tracked his way to the main event, but he just played a third wheel for the Lauriniatis-Punk feud which really had no payoff. That's WWE creative for you ;) But I see Ziggler either have no mommentum at all, or continue to be a hot topic every week, and cash that briefcase in at Survivor Series and pin Sheamus to become the World Heavyweight Champion, or the WWE Champion. I mean brands don't matter in the WWE anymore, god I feel I'm ranting on WWE creative rather than analyzing the state of the character.

CHRISTIAN:

Where He Is Right Now:
For the record, some people may like where Christian is, some people are just tired of hating him, some people are tired of his "One More Match" bullshit, but truth be told I love Christian as a heel, he may not be stale as a face, because he's still an excellent in-ring worker, and he can pull off both persona's with unyielding consistency but he's going to get stale sooner or later, fans are going to get bored of him, and ideally I'd rather see him compete for a World Title, he really isn't helping anybody by holding on to the IC title, if they want him to put young guys over that's a different story, he doesn't need to face Cody Rhodes. Guys like Damian Sandow,Antonio Cesaro,even Ryback. Those men need the title more than Christian does, because Christian has nothing to prove, but those three men do. No one is going to take those 3 men seriously unless they get some serious competition so I think Christian once he's done his program with Cody Rhodes, he's set to have a program with atleast one of those men. I just hope he loses and moves on to bigger and better things.

Where I Want Him To Be:
Ideally, I want Christian as a heel, and fighting for that World Heavyweight Championship, but that's my booker tone talking. I mean Christian is really getting no mic time, when he's probably one of the best mic workers in the WWE. He needs to get on the mic, or he's going to get stale. I understand the WWE just turned Christian face, and it's highly unlikely they are going to turn him heel anytime soon, but the guy is going to get stale, and once he does, the WWE won't give a damn, because either they have already molded the next great star, or they will just leave him in limbo. (Exhibit A:The Miz,) I just hope the WWE is right where they want to be with Christian and have long term plans for him because I don't want to see Christian in the midcard forever. The IWC knows he deserves better than this.

That's my character analysis of Dolph Ziggler and Christian if you enjoy these analysis, I will continue with anyone you like, and we can really have a great thread on here. Thanks.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Love your thread and agreed with Ziggler's bit. Him winning MITB would be a good way, after all he's a heel and has shown he can perform but cannot beat a true champion and takes the cheap way out but goes on to be successful whilst being Champion.

With Christian, he's best suited for mid-card. He could have great matches with Sandow, Cesaro & Ambrose (when he gets onto the roster). There's a lot Christian can do, with Kane around the main-event scene they need someone who can put over the young guys whether Christian wins the matches or not. Christian as a face is great, I liked his heel run but in all honesty, Smackdown and WWE lack faces and Christian's one of those guys who can benefit the division and make things worthwhile.

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
You're right about that, I mean Christian holding on to the IC Title may be great, I just hope he doesn't get stale. WWE is already screwing upon Cesaro, so the rebuilding of his character, and matter of fact his character analysis will be very interesting to write. As for Ziggler, I just hope the WWE doesn't screw this up. Swagger needs Gurrero more, or else he won't get anywhere. And it's really a shame considering that Swagger is really good in the ring, but we'll just have to wait and see before the WWE screws something up.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'd have Christian hold the belt until October... Until Hell in a Cell.

If they really want to utilize the mid-card into something great they could do a 6 man armageddon hell in a cell for the belt.

You've got time to make Cesaro, Ryback, Sandow, Ambrose and maybe Rollins if he makes it to the roster on time. You could make them all want the belt in a good storyline and it would be beneficial having Christian put these mid-carders over heavily and he'll lose the belt then, give someone the time to shine. It'd work well. Christian has more opportunity with the IC compared to Santino who does nothing with the US belt.

Christian and Rhodes have made the IC more interesting as a mid-card belt.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Good thread, it really helps seeing your vision the way you analyse the present to predict their future.

I've said it before but I just don't want Ziggler turning face, it would rob him of most of what makes Dolph unique. His character should be fleshed out a bit more, or at least make more of an effort to shove the "Show Off" gimmick in our faces. The easiest way to do this is to give Dolph more mic time. The guy isn't in any trouble at all in his position and, like you said, its only a matter of time before WWE elevates him. And yes, its time for Vickie to go.

Christian, on the other hand, I don't think I've ever fully understood. I prefer him as a heel, particularly when he's allowed to act like as much of a douche as possible, but his ring work is much better as a face. I wouldn't want him as champion now because he just has no character or gimmick as a face. I don't see Christian shooting any higher unless he does something different, because he's pretty much the same as he was in 2004 setting aside his in-ring improvement.

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
Santino Marella should not have the United States Championship, but then again who else needs the belt, or who else would actually do something with the belt? Guys like DiBiase,Mcintyre, those are guys that can make the push and make the United States Championship legitimate other than that, the midcard on RAW is an absolute mess

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
That's the thing about Ziggler. I'd prefer him as a heel and Swagger as a face.

Just believe Swagger can really carry that US with a face turn and see if he can hold the ball from there. Other than that, McIntyre would be great.

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
I think they are hinting at a face turn for Swagger, due to the nature of Ziggler's behavior at live events. He's been distracting Swagger, and that has been resulting in losses, so on RAW I'm excited to see where Swagger goes, and maybe a face turn is imminent.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
I think the main problem is WWE's time management. They spend too much time on Cena and whoever he's feuding with. Cena's programme gets 3 segments on every Raw - unnecessary. They also have this big hard on for recapping Raw on every SmackDown, why? We know what happened! They don't allocate enough time into stars like Christian or Ziggler and I think these 2 have been negatively effected by the merging of the 2 brands. We need more of both guys on the mic because that's where they'll drag themselves into a main event spot. As for Vickie, she got a sympathy job and Dolph's suffering the consequences. I reckon he'll win the WWE title briefcase and become champ before the end of the year. As for Captain Charisma... big mountain to climb but I see him winning the WHC next year.