Christan/CM Punk?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

On ECW last night their was a little interaction between Christan and CM Punk that could have possibly teased a future feud between the 2. I honestly think It would own and make ECW far more watchable if they moved Punker back to ECW. I for one am hoping for a Punk/Christan match at RR.
Thoughts?

phantomgerald

The name CM Punk have gotten too big to be still on ECW, and I honestly so hae Christian. If this feud was to happen, it should be on Smackdown. I would personally love to see this feud.They will probably cut the best promos of the year.

P.S Does CM Punk remind you of a young Jericho or a young Edge?

straight_edge76

Yeah, I do think that Punk is to "big" for ECW but I dont see any way that it could fit into the SD picture.

In ring, Punk reminds me more of Jericho in the ring but on the mic more Edge, post Brood.

vickymania

Reaction score
Well,no need to send Punk back to ECW roster..they can still have a Punk/Christian Fued anytime..remember good old Big Show days in ECW when he used to challenge Guys from RAW and SD for the title and non-title matches...........

straight_edge76

Yeah, I do remember that and imo the Show thing was fail. But A inter promotional Punk/Christan feud could be rather interesting.

noumenon

Brand lines mean nothing right now... so it wouldn't be too much of a stetch for them to do an cross brand feud.
I suggested Punk coming to ECW simply because of the horrible treatment he's receiving on Smackdown as of right now, he'd obviously be top dog over on ECW.
But anyway, Punk/Christian would probably hold down a spot as one of the top feuds of the year, both match and promo wise. If WWE didn't have the idea in their head when they send Punk over to ECW this past week you have to believe it was planted in their head afterward. Their tiny little promo together was absolutely priceless.

WWE definitely need to make this one happen. It could be great as an ECW title feud but I really don't think the belt needs to be there at all for this one to be amazing. Remember that guys? When there were good feuds without titles?

straight_edge76

Yeah, there used to be tons of non-title feuds that were amazing, hell 1998 what does everyone remember? Not Austin and Kane,Undertaker and the Rock. No they remember Undertaker and Foley. A Christan/Punk feud would be hands down feud of the year the promos and matches would be top notch, I honestly would love to see them in a 2/3 falls match at RR or NWO and a feud lasting 3-4 months would be the best thing to happen to the WWE in awhile. imo

noumenon

I'm not even sure how much back story they would need to get people to care about this one. The matches and promos would probably be so good that no one would care. These two guys in a TLC match...fughetaboutit.

straight_edge76

or better yet; 2/3 falls even though I dont remember one since 2007, which in wrestling time is a decade.

noumenon

Uhhhh, Ziggler/Morrison will be having one on Smackdown tomorrow night, LOL.

Airfixx

EDIT: ^^^ Thank you! LOL

or better yet; 2/3 falls even though I dont remember one since 2007, which in wrestling time is a decade.

Sure Orton & HHH had one this year too... Can't think when, but I recall Orton getting immediately disqualified in order to get a weapon attack in on HHH to set him up for an easy fall, thus tying at 1-1 almost immediately with HHH badly beaten down going into the final fall.

Anyone else remember this or am I trippin'?

I so wish ECW had 2 hours... They could do shit like this then, but unfortunately, the way WWE books, the prospect of any 45m > 1hr matches getting PPV time is very unlikely... Particularly when you're not a 'marquee' guy (+ Especially as they just did the Iron Man match with Cena & Orton... The first in over a decade!)

MizMasta3000

OMFG. Can two wrestlers have a damn segment without people ranting "future feud!, future feud!"

noumenon

^At this point in time...no.
Shit is in such a sad state in WWE right now that anything that pops up that seems better than the usual garbage they feed us should definitely be capitalized upon. Don't make it sound so bizarre that people want to see a feud between two of the most entertaining people in the company.
What happened when Jericho was moved to the same brand as Taker..."OMG!!! TAKER/JERICHO AT MANIA!!!"

straight_edge76

Yeah basically with the WWE rehashing the same old shit week in week out we all want fresh new feuds/matches and this honestly I do not think the WWE actually had planned out a future feud or anything past that one night on ECW but the writer's reeally should capitalize on this