Chris Jericho's Heel Turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dre

Reaction score
Thoughts on Jericho's heel turn, where it will go and the segment as a whole?

I loved the way this was done. I was worried we'd get crybaby heel Jericho, but this turn was very well done and the fact that he threw Shawn into the Jeritron6000 could be referenced to what Shawn did to Marty Jannety.

1chiban

Reaction score
Thoughts on Jericho's heel turn, where it will go and the segment as a whole?

I loved the way this was done. I was worried we'd get crybaby heel Jericho, but this turn was very well done and the fact that he threw Shawn into the Jeritron6000 could be referenced to what Shawn did to Marty Jannety.

Probably was a direct reference.

They've done it well with the teasing of the chair shots etc. Only thing is, it has WAY less impact that Michaels-Janetty, as Jericho and HBK have feuded before, so again it's a rehash

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I really like the Jericho heel turn. For a second there he made you think that the turn wasn't happening. The head through the TV was awesome, I can't wait to see what they do next with this.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Im glad the heel turn has happend i think Jericho is miles better as a heel than face. And the fued with HBK will be wicked with Jerico as a heel.

MikeRaw

They did this well. IMO, Jericho makes a better heel, because he's cocky and all that, and easy to hate. He had to be face when he returned, because so many people on the internet were orgasming over it, so they loved it when he came back. But this was a perfect time to run, and it makes sense, because like Y2J said, the fans will never boo Shawn, no matter what he does....
As for where it will go, I think he will continue this feud with HBK for another month, and then be a heel in the IC division, which they need.
Im pleased with this turn though.

Michael1

Reaction score
Finally! I marked the f*ck out when Jericho turned heel on Monday Night Raw. The weeks of build up, hell, possibly months if you look back well enough, FINALLY, Jericho has turned heel and I can't love it more. Not only is this good for Jericho himself as he'll likely get more of a push, but it's great for the Raw main event in WWE decides to push him in the summer. The only heel main eventer on Raw currently is JBL. Umaga is likely moving so you can't count him. I really hope Chris Jericho gets pushed in to the main event in the summer and freshens things up. I would love it.

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
There's nothing going for him so turn him heel. I'll accept that, but i still think WWE is running out of ideas on how to 'pick' up rating.

Soulpower

I don't know, I've always liked Psycho Jericho (Complete with him smashing ringposts with chairs). It will make for a nice chance of pace, and if it leads to Jericho in the main event scene, or even better as WWE Champion, then I'm all for it.

The thing that made me laugh is that everything that Jericho said on Monday was true. There's actually no reason why he should be booed. Jericho has actually been the good guy in this feud.

Final Verdict

Reaction score
I don't think they could of done it better, the slow turn and the fact he's actually been telling the truth and its based off frustration is intriguing.