Chris Jericho thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Thoughts on Chris Jericho? Favorite moments, matches, promos, looks, themes?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I think the sing a long Judas thing is kinda corny now. When it was organic, it was cool but now they push you to do it so me being the loser I am, I think it’s corny.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
When Jericho was in WWE i didnt care much for him, it wasnt that i ddint like him, i absolutely did, but there were other superstars i was more interested in. Then near the end he did so many great things, like when got the word "IT" over, or the Gift Of Jericho, or the list of jericho, and he quickly became one of my favorites and i realised just how damn great he was.

And then he appeared on (I think ring of honor? maybe new japan? i forget which) to challenge Kenny Omega to a match at the tokyo dome, and that match was amazing and then ALL IN happened and that was great, and then AEW was born and he was there at that confrence. And ever since hes been one of my all time favorites. I still think his original outfit in AEW was his best and he should have kept it alot longer.

bec3ecdd227e65f704a0017ae941d2f5_crop_exact.jpeg

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I love Jericho but I have been very let down by what I've seen match quality wise recently. He definitely needs a break. He's not working at the same level he was in WWE or his NJPW run. Feels a lot slower, less precise. Despite that, I'll never stop loving the guy.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I'm a bit biased considering how disappointing Jericho is irl. But as a wrestler I will say to me peak Jericho was 2008-2010 and 2016. I remember my cousin was a big Jericho fan and I always thought he was kind of a geek. I start watching Raw and he's losing left and right and can't even win with a freaking Lionsault. The only appeal was that he was on Raw and I love the 80's at the same time when I channel surfed. And that cool countdown. I will say he had some freaking golden moments in the Attitude era although I wasn't watching during that time Jericho makes Taker look like a GEEK around 4:48

PaulDB

Reaction score
When Jericho tried to pin a wrestler because he'd gotten hurt and the referee refused to do a three count, I saw what I believed to be one of Jericho's finest moments. He got pissed at the ref because he didn't end a match with an opponent who was in no shape to go on wrestling and that was a perfect reaction.

I didn't name the wrestler, because it could've been anyone and Jericho would've shown him the same kind of concern. He was a true professional.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
So what do people think about this possibly being Chris Jericho's last match at All Out and MJF being the one to retire him.

I've seen some say they can't buy Jericho retiring yet, but I personally am in the camp thinking it's quite likely. Just because Chris has a lot more things going on than wrestling, and he'll have a place in AEW regardless of actually competing. Plus with Fozzy and other commitments, I do think him retiring at 50 is not a bad shout.

It does put MJF over for years I would think, every promo he'll able to boast that he took out the one and only Chris Jericho. He's also one of those guys that should be one of the top stars for the future you'd imagine.

PaulDB

Reaction score
According to Powerslam magazine, Jericho blasted the fans back in 2002, calling them marks and never being happy enough with what WWE gave them. Was this the case?

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Not my personal favourite (though he's up there), but he's my personal pick for greatest of all-time. Just the amount of varied and successful character work throughout all his career is unparalleled.

When Jericho tried to pin a wrestler because he'd gotten hurt and the referee refused to do a three count, I saw what I believed to be one of Jericho's finest moments. He got pissed at the ref because he didn't end a match with an opponent who was in no shape to go on wrestling and that was a perfect reaction.

I didn't name the wrestler, because it could've been anyone and Jericho would've shown him the same kind of concern. He was a true professional.

To add to Jericho being a stand up guy, one of my favourite Jericho stories comes from Night of Champions 2009. Michelle McCool and Melina got yelled at by an agent because their match was "too good" and they weren't suppose to do stuff that'd make the guys look bad. Jericho overhead this going on, and defended them saying they were awesome, it's not their fault if it's too good, it's the guys' problem if they can't keep up. Gained a lot more respect for Jericho when I heard McCool talk about this.

Reactions: PaulDB

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
So what do people think about this possibly being Chris Jericho's last match at All Out and MJF being the one to retire him.

I've seen some say they can't buy Jericho retiring yet, but I personally am in the camp thinking it's quite likely. Just because Chris has a lot more things going on than wrestling, and he'll have a place in AEW regardless of actually competing. Plus with Fozzy and other commitments, I do think him retiring at 50 is not a bad shout.

It does put MJF over for years I would think, every promo he'll able to boast that he took out the one and only Chris Jericho. He's also one of those guys that should be one of the top stars for the future you'd imagine.
1 year later - how things have changed

rohjfif.jpg

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Damn I really thought he was going to retire didn't I? :lol

I've been really impressed with Jericho's work lately, his matches have all been top tier really. I think if this ROH/World Title win had happened earlier this year or last, I wouldn't have been as keen on it, but I see why they did it now and I'm good with it. He's on fire and just as good as ever.

Sure it'll be an enjoyable reign.

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
really hoping it ends with Danielson taking his title

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Danielson or Jericho being the guy for ROH is good for getting eyes on it, so I'd love that as well. That would be perfect for him seeing as the focus is on Mox and MJF next for AEW's World title now. It's just so surreal to see Jericho holding that title.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Danielson or Jericho being the guy for ROH is good for getting eyes on it, so I'd love that as well. That would be perfect for him seeing as the focus is on Mox and MJF next for AEW's World title now. It's just so surreal to see Jericho holding that title.

I get that it puts eyes on a product some might not know about. It's just.....I feel if that and then what I'm ASSUMING is the putting over of Daniel Garcia could have been done with Claudio with the belt. Just feels, very, very odd with the belt on Jericho. And I love Jericho.