Chris Jericho Teases Full-Time Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dirtsheet

Jobber
Reaction score
After taking an over one-year long hiatus from WWE, Chris Jericho returned to WWE in early 2012. However, he has not been a full-time member of WWE roster at any point since. His stints on WWE television have lasted everywhere from six months to one-off special appearances.

But if fans are looking to see the Ayatollah of Rock N’Rolla on WWE television more prominently, Jericho does not rule out such a possibility.

In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, the former six-time World champion was asked about his current layout of appearances with WWE. While he does still enjoy wrestling, Jericho mentioned that he is not the one to come calling the company asking to return.

The invitation is there 365 days a year. It’s not like I’m auditioning for a job with the WWE. It’s the other way around, ‘Give us as many dates as you can. You want to just work weekends? Do it. You want to just work TV? That’s fine, too.’ They leave it up to me, and I like working the schedule I’m on now.

In fact, Jericho admits to WWE’s invitation consisting of a full-time schedule, if he wanted to work one.

I like working the weekends. I don’t have time to commit to doing TV. For example, I don’t work weekends when we have Fozzy shows. I’m working the ones that I’m choosing, but I have the invitation to work 300 days a year with WWE if I wanted.

A-unique thing that Jericho has been doing over the past few months is working strictly live events. They are non-televised shows that many wrestlers refer to as their “bread and butter.” On those events, there are no time constraints, limited storylines, and not a ton of verbal interaction. Rather, live events mostly feature wrestling and give the opportunity for never before seen matches to transpire and for other wrestlers to fine-tune their skills.

That is a huge selling for point for Jericho.

I’ve been off TV for a year, but I’ve worked 50 shows in the interim just doing live events, which, to me, is a lot more fun. I’m also working with all of the younger guys – I worked with Kevin Owens two weeks ago when Cena broke his nose – and that’s fun, too.

But if fans are worried about Jericho possibly never appearing on WWE television again, they can rest assured he will eventually return. Trying to balance his band, Fozzy, his podcast, Talk Is Jericho, his WWE appearances, and other outside projects make it hard to commit long-term to just one endeavor.

With that said, there will eventually come a time to return full-time, and Jericho is excited with that idea.

Anyway I can be involved, I enjoy it. When it comes time for me to be full-time, we’ll figure out what I’m going to do and I’ll come back.

Source

Thoughts?

Reactions: Red Rain

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The next time he's back, whether it's a full-time or a part-time deal, I want a heel Y2J, plz!

Reactions: edge4ever

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Jericho lost his swag. :dealwithit:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
:gtfo: Roadie, there is only ONE ayatollah of rock and rolla. I mark for Jericho always.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I love Jericho and his little runs...but, he needs to come back this time and rock the boat somehow. like do something he's never really done. Join the Wyatt's? Something to that effect...drastic and heel-like. that Jericho would keep me very invested in him.

• Haha

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
:gtfo: Roadie, there is only ONE ayatollah of rock and rolla. I mark for Jericho always.
I mark too, but he isn't the same swag master from 2000. Now he's like that main eventer that just always fights in the mid-card, feels like a 2002 Stone Cold.

• Haha

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
If Sting can get a title shot, why not Y2J? At least he can hold his own weight in the ring.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Isn't Jericho only a 1-time WWE Champion?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Why? He only held the WWE title 1 time.
Oh just the WWE championship itself. I thought you meant just as champion. Cause it was like 5 or 6 in total. Usually announcers will even say things like "Cena is a 15 time world champion" or "15 time WWE champion." I thought you meant in that sense

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Chris Jericho On His Future With WWE, Who He Would Like To Work With

Recently, Chris Jericho was interviewed by HuffPost Live to hype the season finale of Tough Enough. In addition to talking about the show and the Hulk Hogan controversy, Jericho discussed his future with WWE.

According to Jericho, he will stop wrestling when he can no longer perform at a high level, and, that once he stops wrestling, he will not return because he is not bound to professional wrestling for financial reasons.

"Even now, working the live events, I feel that I'm having the best match of the show, or one of them, and coming out of the ring feeling, 'that was really good'," Jericho said. "I'm still doing everything that I ever could, still thinking, still coming up with new ideas and facing new guys that give you extra elements to work with."

Jericho said that he would retire from the ring if he stopped coming up with good ideas or if the crowd stopped reacting to him.

When asked who he would like to work with for a television angle, Jericho said he has enjoyed working with younger guys such as Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, and Adrian Nevillerecently and went on to mention Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns before noting that having the right storyline is of the utmost importance.

"It's always about the storyline, so it's not so much who it would be, but what's the story," Jericho said. "There [have] been times when I was about ready to come back [to WWETV] and we couldn't figure out the right stories, so I didn't."

Jericho stated that he would be more than happy to just continue performing on live events if they cannot come up with the right storylines for TV.

To check out the entire interview, click here.