Chris Jericho needs to return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

3lions

Reaction score
Jericho is the ONLY star left in Wrestling who could actually make an impact upon his return. Foley/Hogan/Rock/Austin have all returned too many times now and their impact is minimal. But a Jericho return would be HUGE nd he could be the single biggest face/heel in WWE today.

WeaponHead

Reaction score
A Y2J return would be great right now, though I would like to see a new Chris Jericho. With a new hair cut and with being on hiatus and all, now would be the time to come back as the new Chris Jericho, Y2J doesn't really work anymore considering its 2007...

phantomgerald

I doubt jericho would ever return to the ring as a wrestler. He's got too much dough and he'll probably expect wwe to overpay him to return, and i don't think they will do that.

LKP

He will return and either comintate and wrestle now and again or wrestle big ppv matches.

3lions

Reaction score
Jericho will wrestle for WWE in late 2007 / early 2008. I guarentee it. Various sources have been saying for a while that he has 'itchy feet' to return to the ring and he hasn't exactly had The Rock's level of success since leaving has he? Granted, he's done pretty well for himself. But nothing like what a WWE return could do for him.

He will definately wrestle at Mania. I guarentee it. Imagine Jericho/Edge at Mania. PRICELESS.

LKP

I dunno ive seena lot of y2j vs edge in 2002- 2003 i dunno i say jericho vs mvp, kennedy cm punk will be better for him new challenges. Edge vs taker at wm24 is priceless.

Y2JFan

Reaction score
I've had trouble keeping my interest in wrestling since Jericho left. And I would love for him to come back--it would definitely make me more excited about watching, and I wouldn't be 2 and half months behind on programming to watch on my DVR list.

But at the same time, I think he was smart for doing what he did--he so far hadn't sacrificed wellness for the business, and hadn't traded in his body for wrestling success.

He hadn't sustained any major injuries, or been left with chronic problems to wear on his body and psyche. I think he saw the condition of many of those around him, and decided he wanted a different fate--that he and his family deserve better.

I'm sure he's torn, because this business is obviously in his blood, and wrestling is his gift. But he likely has serious reservations about the possibility of ending up like so many past and present in the business.

He has been my favorite since I started watching 8 years ago. (I was Y2JFan back in the day)

And I miss his long hair. But the highlights are pretty. :)

Captive8

Reaction score
Actually tard, the reason those threads were closed is because:

A) They were in the wrong section.

or B) There were already threads elsewhere discussing it.

We don't need 10 threads saying "Benoit is Dead" and what the hell would make you think a conspiracy theory about Kevin Sullivan would go in WWE Discussion? That has nothing to do with WWE programming.

My apologies Chuck, I thought it was allowed to go into WWE discussion.

Sting!

Reaction score
Jericho has more talent in his right testicle than half of the wwe roster right now.

Thats quite sad because I do believe The hardys ,edge mvp , and kane have huge potential . Jericho was both brilliant on the mic and in the ring ,but with some jobs you get sick of it.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Man, a Jericho/Kennedy match would be awesome,I mean two of my favorites going at it.I'd be confused and wouldn't know who to cheer for. Well,
I'll go with Kennedy,cause He needs to be built up so he could take on Cena 4the wwe championship.

Sting!

Reaction score
Yea I can see where your coming from. Both pure on the mic and both have agility,strength and speed mixed into one.
I see matt hardy in similar positions too.

Rated R Superstar!

Reaction score
Jericho Is One Of My Faves Of all Time And Would Be good If he would Be on Smackdown Just To Be on The Same Show As Edge Have a Bit of an Old Rivalry!!

Reaction score
Jericho/Edge at WrestleMania 24 , that would just be pure amazing!
Infact i REALLY hope he returns , although i doubt he will "properly return" , probaly will just be like Stone Cold , coming back every once and again.

Sting!

Reaction score
You lose interest when austin ,foley etc.. make these once a year returns.
Themselves and the rock are still acquited "superstars" on wwe's site. Which is quite odd seeing the rock hasnt been in a wwe event for almost 3 years.

Reaction score
Jericho is the ONLY star left in Wrestling who could actually make an impact upon his return. Foley/Hogan/Rock/Austin have all returned too many times now and their impact is minimal. But a Jericho return would be HUGE nd he could be the single biggest face/heel in WWE today.

No doubt about that 3Lions. I think I did read somewhere that if Jericho does come back to wrestling that he would end up signing with TNA. Sad as that seems, I still have hopes for Jericho's return to the WWE. This man had single handedly changed the environment of the WWE with the Highlight Reel and his comedic ways (God only knows that every single one of us remembers 'Stinko Melinko/Deano Machino- Dean Malenko and 'Raisin'-Raven). To have Jericho return would probably be the best one in over 10 years...(unless it were to be Bret Hart, which we all know that ain't happenin'). As far as Jericho going to TNA, that would be a devestating blow to the WWE if that happend.