Chris Jericho Cheers?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
So pretty much from late 2008 until present, Y2J has been arguably the best heel in the WWE. Promos are always top notch and orgasmic. His in ring work has been getting more phenomenal and his title success over the past year or so has been incredible. Multi-time tag champ, IC champ and of course world champ. But O think it's time to switch things up and I see a face turn in Jericho's future.

I'm very interested to see how said face turn would be pulled off considering Y2J has been shitting on the fans for the longest. I would honestly love to see him feud with The Miz. Promos would be amazing and the matches would be great too. Honestly, a face Jericho opens a huge window of potential feuds (Punk, Swagger, Edge).

Thoughts?

noumenon

Reaction score
We'll definitely see another Jericho face run, I don't think until after next Mania though.

As to how? Are you joking? Jericho is one of those guys just like HHH who can go from heel to face with a single line.

Reaction score
No matter how many times he has crapped on the fans, as soon as he attacks a heel he will become babyface like that. He could help John Cena next Monday and become babyface like that. In my opinion it wont be long before he turns face again.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^i think Jericho is to a point where if he attacks a heel, the other guy will turn face. Lol

@ noumenon- This is true but for everyone, besides maybe Orton, it's easier to turn heel than it is to turn face.

chessarmy

Reaction score
I don't think Edge should be in the potential feud category, he just finished feuding with him and it turned out underwhelming. As for a Jericho babyface turn, I honestly wouldn't want to see it anytime soon. The only time that would be appropriate would be when Jericho's about to leave, until then I would have no problem with him remaining heel, he's far too good at it. Lets be honest, his character evolved from the comedy character than couldn't get him any higher than the midcard when he first came back, and if he returns to that mode he'll lose everything that made him awesome over the last few years. Like I said, he can turn right before he retires but until then, I want Jericho to stay exactly the way he is

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Wanting him to stay exactly how he is isn't evolving. He has evolved but establishing himself as a face main eventer does nothing but build his character even more. I feel that we are heading into a plateau effect with Jericho and even though, it's a highly elevate plateau, it always nice to go uphill. Let's face it, a face turn would be nice and refreshing. When you can keep the banana ripe before it browns, why not do it?

chessarmy

Reaction score
Wanting him to stay exactly how he is isn't evolving. He has evolved but establishing himself as a face main eventer does nothing but build his character even more. I feel that we are heading into a plateau effect with Jericho and even though, it's a highly elevate plateau, it always nice to go uphill. Let's face it, a face turn would be nice and refreshing. When you can keep the banana ripe before it browns, why not do it?

I just don't think now is the time to turn him face, maybe in a few years, but not right now.

-TJ-

Reaction score
If Jericho would ever turn face in his position in the WWE currently, it would be after WM, in which he would/should feud with the Miz. Jericho/Miz would make him face, otherwise he'd be on that tweener state.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
A feud with The Miz would be practically orgasmic. There would be great, if not, perfect promos with exciting matches to boot. Not exciting jumping off ladders into a table, but exciting as in great wrestling. The only thing I would like to see more than that situation would be switching the Alignments of the to meaning Jericho is a heel and The Miz is a face. Yes, I said it. The Miz would actually look like The Great One The Rock if that happened. Just listen to the crowds going "AWWWEEESOOOMMMEE!" That would actually push Miz into the Main Event scene where he should be, because he has rocketed in the WWE for the past year since the split with JoMo. With that said, I would rather Miz be face then Jericho.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'd rather he didn't turn face anytime soon. Sheamus and Edge are looking for people to pound. Right now, they're feeding them mid card faces. And I fear turning Jericho face would just make him the next victim.

maty619

Reaction score
I want to see him face for sure, this NXT thing could be an easy and quick way to make him face along with Miz. I really am not sure who I would want to be face if I had to choose between Jericho and Miz, I have been saying for months now that Miz has the potential to be a great cocky face but on the other hand Jericho is just hilarious as a face, if he turned I would expect to see more of those Magruber type backstage skits and it would be great.

Austin_316

Reaction score
Jericho as a face again would be awesome and he could bring his Y2J gimmick back again but probably not with all the hair which is unfortunate. He doesn't exactly look like a member of a rock band with short hair like that but anywho Jericho is amazing whether he be a heel or a face. His promos are excellent, his in-ring skills are perfect and he has a great offence and he is definitely charismatic. I'm not sure when the turn could happen as he is in his element right now but i'm sure it will be sometime next year, maybe even after Mania.