Choose ONE Superstar you wish would've gotten a big push.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BreakTheWalls

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
If you had to pick one guy to have gotten a bigger push in WWE, who would it be and why? It can be a current Superstar, or someone who isn't with the company anymore. Off the top of my head, I'd have to go with Raven. He had so much more to offer than what they did with him. He's one of the best minds in the business, and he was still healthy during his WWE stint. At the very least, he should have captured mid-card titles. I'm sure if I thought long and hard about it, I could come up with someone who I would've liked to have seen pushed more than Raven, but that was a major letdown for me.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Raven's a good choice, especially considering even when he wasn't being booked for anything special, his mic skills were still up to par and he tried to make the best of whatever the situation was. I think more should've been done with Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, both singularly and as a tag team. Haas doing all these different gimmicks each week was very entertaining and the guy could work too, so I don't understand why they squashed him. And Shelton was always a good performer but never broke through the glass ceiling. Those two come to mind but the thread says pick one, and I can't pick one over the other so I'll head in a different direction.

I think they could've done more with Kevin Fertig when he was Kevin Thorn and especially when he was Mordecai, they pulled the plug on that gimmick way too soon and made the mistake of dropping the vampire aspect of the Kevin Thorn gimmick. Was he main event material? I think yes.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Carlitoooooooooo.

So funny, and yet so good in the ring too.

How that guy wasn't a champion is beyond me.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I would have to say finley because he could of had some great feuds with people like chris jericho,randy orton,rey mysterio, even the miz.

others that should of deserved a push: Mr. Kennedy because he has great mic skills and I can think of many great feuds.
Matt hardy kinda did have a push when he won the ECW title but I think he would of been a great heel as a money in the bank winner.
and..... Chris Masters would of been a great baby face wwe champion don't you think?

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Ricky "THE DRAGON" Steamboat.

The guy is the greatest babyface ever he has the moves, the charisma sure his promos are not elite but he would make up for it with storytelling and match quality. It's pretty hard to find matches you don't like from him. He can work with anyone and make them look a million bucks.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I have to agree with a lot in here.

Raven nearly tops my list because he was just good in everything. He could have been the successor to Jake Roberts. He had the delivery, the wrestling skills, he could put on a good match and tell a really good story. Whether he was on his own or head of his flock or nest, he was always up there. I mean its a shame that this is a guy that WCW used better than WWF. I mean normally the argument is WCW didn't give a guy a shot... WCW gave this guy the US title and he also mounted the most offense on Goldberg before he went to the top. Raven had it... and WWF skipped out on him.

Shelton: His only problem was his mic, well that and he tended to get lazy and start botching as soon as he started to get close to the top. He had the ethic to work there but as soon as he started getting there its like everything declined.

Haas: I have no idea what WWE was thinking. The guy showed he had charisma, he was just as talented as Shelton. I mean he was more the package than Shelton and yet they did nothing with him. I don't know why. Just felt like a huge mistake on WWE's part to do that. Not a main stay in the main event but he shoulda been higher on the card than he was.

Carlito... Ron Simmons says it best... DAMN!

Mordecai deserved a lot better than what he got. A WHOLE LOT better. WWE just didn't know how to book him right and because of their flub, their mistakes the gimmick got canned for a vampire. Like wow... really? Mordecai could deliver and he had that presence about him.

I know there are tons... but what is meant by big push? Like to hold the world title? Cause if that then we could go with Scott Hall, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, but they did get big pushes too so I dunno.

But Raven tops my list.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Curt Hennig, sure he got the nice IC title push, but it's a travesty that he was never a true main eventer.

TKK

Reaction score
I really would have liked to have seen Taz go on to bigger things in the WWE. He was so over when he debuted in 2000 and was known by the majority of the audience upon arrival. The WWE never took advantage of it. Having him feud with Jerry Lawler was terrible booking imo. ECW Taz would have ripped Lawler's head off within thirty seconds while in the WWE, he needed Raven to save his ass from a commentator. I also felt that he could have been used far better in the Invasion angle instead of doing commentary. It just seems like Taz had potential to become a big face of the company but, never really got the chance. He didn't do anything of value in his two years on the roster. I realise that it may have been possible for him to become a main eventer if it had not been for his injuries.

SAL

Reaction score
Goldust sticks out to me as someone they could have done so much more with. He had a pretty great mid-card run, but the problem was they started him out with a weird character and then kept finding ways to make him weirder and weirder instead of broadening his appeal and giving him a chance to get the crowd behind him. He was too good in the ring to end up as a comedy character.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Raven, and you guys basically already wrote all the reasons why.

The 2nd option would probably be Kevin Thorn, during the Kevin Thorn vampire gimmick. You know.. just imagine a vampire with the WWE/WH title.

And the 3rd, Carlito. The guy's awesome, man.

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
Carlito as someone said above - Would have been great.

Jack Swagger - His push got killed and now he is used as a squasher. Guy has a lot of potential and really saw him as the next Kurt Angle. If you see his videos, he can do the technical wrestling very well plus he had that heelish feel about him that Angle has (not saying because of the USA attire :p ).

Ted Dibiase - Another current talent I dont understand is why not being pushed.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I agree with all the names already posted in this thread. Mainly Shelton, Carlito, and Haas.

For current stars, Swagger and Kingston are two that sticks out. I may be one of the few men still alive that is a believer in Jack Swagger. I think they dropped the ball with his Money in the Bank win. Such a shame. Kingston was red hot in his feud with Orton and they could have easily made him a top star then, but Orton being a bitch stopped that. Orton also killed the career of Mr. Kennedy, who I would have loved to have seen become world champion and a top face. He was on his way until he got an injury at the worst time.

But the biggest name that sticks out above all for me in my mind is William Regal. They man should have gone into the Hall of Fame with multiple World title reigns but sadly he will have none to his name.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Kennedy without a second thought. The guy could have been legendary.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
jomo comes to mind for me.after that amazing rumble i thought they would finally do something with him but they didnt.

TKK

Reaction score
jomo comes to mind for me.after that amazing rumble i thought they would finally do something with him but they didnt.

I think JoMo's inability to cut a promo really held him back considering how important it is in modern wrestling. Besides that, he had everything.

Kennedy could have been huge and now, Impact have turned him to shit. It sucks.