CHIKARA: Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
*tags in*

The opener was good, I ended up enjoying more than I thought. I don't like Ophidian's new gear, or the fact he took the loss in the first match of his rebirth. But always happy to see UMB win.

The tag match was unsurprisingly awesome. How could it not be with these four involved? The dynamic between Touchdown & Dasher works really well, especially with Sugar on commentary (who did great btw) putting over the difference between these Throwback's and his version. Archie leaving was real sad, and it fucking sucks he's gonna be gone (only for a while hopefully). The post show vid did get a bit of a chuckle from me, but still sad.

Surprised at how the ladder match went. The first ladder match in CHIKARA was a real low key affair with the ladder barely coming into play. So this was a complete 180 to that match. I'd also like to congratulate myself on finally getting the reason behind the "blu-ray" name for Icarus's finisher. Anyway, good ladder match, nothing really new to the genre, but good action nonetheless.

The handicap match was very good, especially considering everyone involved. I'm yet to get fully behind the Batiri in-ring, but this is the best they've looked. Del Ray continues to look very in place with her male opposition, and holy crap Saturyne! I've already seen enough from her here to suggest she's better than the majority of WWE Divas, what a great performance for a rookie! Very interested in Delirious apparently taking the Batiri under his ring.

Donst/Hallowicked took a while to get going for me, but had a hot finish. I was legitimately shocked and upset Hallowicked was going to unmask and was convinced it was going to happen right up until Bryce raised Donst's arm.

The 5 vs. 5 match was fantastic and probably my MOTN. Gutted Fire Ant didn't compete but Quack is a more than capable replacement. Green Ant continues to steal the show with his balcony dive, and once again signs of a more aggressive Quack post match. I think 17's reveal is going to be a big one when it happens.

Very surprised the tag title match was the main event. A heel vs heel main event on iPPV? Luckily, both teams adapted phenomenally and as a result produced a great match. The DDT on the apron to Gargano was absolutely sick, and I'm pleasantly surprised to see the Bucks win the titles.

All in all, CHIKARA are two for two on iPPV. Great matches, worth buying the DVD, and worth keeping track of for the follow up feuds. Top notch stuff from the company as per usual.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I can't decide MOTN, for me its a toss up between Hallowicked/Donst, the 10 man and FIST/Bucks. I've just never seen another Bucks match I enjoyed nearly as much. Glad I'm not the only one who's not into Ophidian's new gear, it looks like he won it at a carnival. :lol: Kind of miffed that he didn't get the win there as well, I don't think it would have hurt UMB at all. As far as the overall show, you're right, its another win for Chikara.

If I buy the DVD after purchasing the show then I will have paid under $30 for the live opportunity and the chance to own it forever. I can't possibly say even buying a WWE PPV these days (for pretty much double that in HD) is as good of an investment.

Another thing, I was watching with my wife, who had never seen a Chikara show before, and the commentary did such a good job of explaining the wrestlers, what they were all about and why they were fighting, that she had no trouble following it at all. It's amazing how good commentary can be when they aren't arguing with each other all the time.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'm sorta at a loss for what happens with Ophidian now. UMB will presumably change focus to Delirious and I can't see who Ophidian could feud with. The guy had a lot of momentum following High Noon but I'm not as excited for him now which is a shame. Hopefully CHIKARA have something up their sleeves.

Agreed on the commentary, the right mix of knowledgeable and entertaining. All the announcers did a great job. The crowd could've been more lively at times but were still good enough to not subtract from the show.

Completely forgot about the KOT announcement, awesome first team to announce. I was hoping Lynn would stop by after Waltman last year, and now we get the bonus of Scorpio too.

I paid a tad under what I'd normally pay for a WWE PPV over here and I'd say I'm more satisfied on the whole with this show than I was WM.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Dreamer/Lynn/Scorpio are going to be awesome, that's for damn sure. KoT can't get here soon enough, it sucks that we have to wait until September...bah!! I can't believe WWE PPV's are that cheap for you, they're easily triple what Chikara's show costs over here.

I'm at a loss as to what Ophidian will do next, but I have faith in Chikara.

Castiel

Reaction score
Damn, it all sounds good... at least I got to see the KoT hype video. It's probably the greatest thing ever made. Too epic.

[video=youtube;8__hdrR3e40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLF37AEFBC9B4EFC8A&feature=player_embedded&v=8__hdrR3e40[/video]