Chavo Guerrero signs with TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
LEGENDARY GUERRERO WRESTLING FAMILY’S CHAVO GUERRERO, JR INKS DEAL WITH TNA IMPACT WRESTLING

Third generation wrestling standout to debut in the ring Thursday, July 26, live on SPIKE TV!

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING’s President Dixie Carter announced the signing of Chavo Guerrero, Jr. via twitter. He will make his IMPACT WRESLTING debut on Thursday, July 26 on SPIKE TV. This signing means that two members of the legendary Guerrero family are part of the TNA family; as Chavo is the nephew of TNA commentator Hector Guerrero. Tune in Thursdays at 8:00pm ET to catch IMPACT WRESTLING live on Spike TV.

Hailing from one of the more storied and successful families in the pro wrestling arena, the Guerrero family has racked up more championship titles and accolades than anyone. He is the son of Chavo, Sr. and his grandfather and patriarch of the Guerrero family, the late Gory Guerrero, is still one of the most famous wrestlers in Mexico.

Having competed all over the world for various promotions, Chavo has won a number of championship gold, including a tag-team gold with his late uncle Eddie Guerrero. Prior to signing with TNA, he appeared on the highly successful ratings giant Ring Ka King in India.

Had Zema Ion not been crowned X-Division champ at Destination X, i'd of liked to have seen Chavo as the X-Division champ. Still, there's a potential opportunity to make him the TV champ and make the title more credible. But he's a good new addition to the TNA roster

tjScarbi

Reaction score
This is really exciting, defo good for TNA. Of course he can be thrown into the fray for the X-title, although that might mess up the whole Ion/Jesse storyline. Can't wait for Impact, are we feeling a face or heel Chavo?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Bad move to make him a part of the actvie roster as he is another WWE/WCW knock off and is past his best. As a behind the scenes guy he would be fine.

SAL

Reaction score
He'll come in as a babyface as do most WWE castoffs.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No way should he be anywhere near a title at this stage, but its a good signing.

The X Division is full of green ass rookies r/n and Chavo can carry them to a decent and more importantly, SAFE MATCH (looking at you, Xema Ion)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bad move to make him a part of the actvie roster as he is another WWE/WCW knock off and is past his best. As a behind the scenes guy he would be fine.

I disagree, he was never really a big star in either company anyway and he can still go. I'm pretty excited for this to tell you the truth.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree and that is one good thing as TNA could mould him into their own star, but I still think fans will struggle to shake that sense that he is an ex-WWE guy who didn't get over there and so why will he be anything special in TNA.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Well I really doubt they give him the big push that they've given other guys touted as "WWE Rejects" such as RVD or Anderson, and that's why I'm really okay with the signing. I expect him to put on some great matches and really be a nice addition.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I will just be happy to see Chavo on tv again.

I do agree with TNA being able to mould him into their own star, much like they have been doing with Anderson & Dinero since they came over. The only thing that concerns me is are they going to make him do the whole Gut Check thing? or ignore that the storylines behind it are to bring in new talent?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wonder what took them so long?

Chavo will arive, try to make a splash, no one will care. Then start doing Eddie mannerisms to get cheap pops and still fall flat.

Will eventually take an Al Snow role after.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I like the idea of him going after the TV, not so much the X-Division title. They seem to be building that division around younger guys. I guess he could be a veteran that puts over the likes of Ion but they already have Dutt and Kash. I'm not sure how injured Dutt is, though.

Well if he's in TNA I want to see him on TV period because I've always been a fan of the guy.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Cannot wait till he has a stable of el genericos.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I really want him to go in as Kerwin White. But that's just me.

DashX

Reaction score
I like this signing. He could help the X division and help put over some of the younger guys. Like Kid Kash but have Chavo be face and help put over the heel stars of the X division.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I think he's still got a few good years left of being a big time player before taking the role of veteran guy who puts over young talent. Just like Dutt.

I really like this signing, he'll help TNA very much with the experience he does have.