Chavo Guerrero Released.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
From WWE.com

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Chavo Guerrero as of today, June 25, 2011. We wish Guerrero the best in all future endeavors.

I guess with the way he was being handled it was only a matter of time...

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It's about time... they've underutilized him or mishandled him for years now... there was no sense keeping him around.

seX-Power

Reaction score
its a pity they fucked him up. oh well ever since wrestlemania 24 he was never really going to get anywhere.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I hope he goes to ROH. I could see him actually getting to put on some bad ass matches with Aries, Black, and Daniels.

Reaction score
^^^^^Black is now Seth Rollins and is looking pretty good in FCW and I don't think ROH is flying Aires in any more. He'd be pretty useless in RoH honestly. If ever there was a smart pick up by TNA, this would be it. Pimp this guy to the Latinos instead of this awful, watered down LAX rehash they have going on. TNA's continued ignorance of the Latino market is just baffling to me.

Chavo was a solid hand, but you guys are getting it twisted as if he were Eddy.

X-SPADE

Reaction score
Jarrett in TNA going to Mexico is close enough.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^^^^^Black is now Seth Rollins and is looking pretty good in FCW and I don't think ROH is flying Aires in any more. He'd be pretty useless in RoH honestly. If ever there was a smart pick up by TNA, this would be it. Pimp this guy to the Latinos instead of this awful, watered down LAX rehash they have going on. TNA's continued ignorance of the Latino market is just baffling to me.

Chavo was a solid hand, but you guys are getting it twisted as if he were Eddy.

Because Hernandez wore Puerto Rican flags in LAX but now he's Mexican America. In their theme video, there are videos of Che Guevara...Cuban revolution...nothing to do with Mexico by any means.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Chavo has been mishandled over the last few years. He can still work a good match (at the house show I went to last month he and Sin Cara tore the house down) but it's pretty obvious that he was on the wrong side of 30 and despite the attempt a few years ago to get him over, he just couldn't connect with the WWE audience the way other Latinos like Rey and Eddie did. Him going to TNA would be the obvious choice, but he isn't necessarily young and despite the good he could do that damn LAXlite stable I could see him just taking a significant amount of time off and/or just retire, I'm sure he has a pretty good amount of money put away and won't necessarily need to work like some older workers.

He could always go to Japan or Mexico also.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Back in the day, who would have thought that in 2011, the only guerrero left in WWE would have been ...Vickie?

Doomsday

Reaction score
Vickie & Eddie's daughter should be debuting sometime within the next 12 months should everything go alright.
It's a shame they abused Chavo the way they did.

I remember when they had Chavo Senior around. LOL at that.