"Charlotte is a modern day Hulk Hogan"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Jim Ross is off his meds. I respect him for what he's done but questions.

On the latest episode of the Jim Ross Report podcast, JR analyzed Charlotte’s promo from this week’s SmackDown Live. In doing so, he raved about how far she’s come and compares Charlotte to one of WWE’s biggest stars of all time.

“She’s the female version of what Hulk Hogan was to the WWE in the 80s,” Ross says. “She’s that strong. She’s that over, that big, that impressive.”

Ross goes on to say that just as Flair has been a building block in the women’s division, she could play just as big a role in the company as a whole.

“You can build around her. You can build a brand around her. I’ve said this before, and people got pissed off,” he says. “They said I screwed her dad.”

Ross was a big fan of Charlotte’s mic work, and her overall presentation on Smackdown.

“Charlotte had a great promo, in the sense that she looked regal,” says Ross. “She looked majestic. From her attire, to her shoes, all the way to her hair. She looked like I am the woman in this company. She’s a hell of a talent. She’s statuesque.”

He added, “She did really well. She looked strong. She looked like a top star, as she is.”

Source: Jim Ross: Charlotte Flair Is A Modern Day Hulk Hogan - SEScoops

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crash

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
He dose need to get back on his meds No Way the human cartwheel is as big as Hogan in the 80s

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Wasn't Hulk Hogan that guy who made wrestling the commercial success it is today? Not sure Charlotte cuts it when she lost all her momentum to Becky...

Reactions: Village Idiot

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
When it comes to star power, nobody comes close in the women's division.. but that's the only comparison.

Charlotte is a much better worker and Hogan is a much bigger draw overall.

He probably just means Charlotte is the biggest star in the women's division, just like Hogan was the biggest star in the 80's

Redboy123@

Reaction score
When it comes to star power, nobody comes close in the women's division.. but that's the only comparison.

Charlotte is a much better worker and Hogan is a much bigger draw overall.

He probably just means Charlotte is the biggest star in the women's division, just like Hogan was the biggest star in the 80's
I'd say more people know who Ronda is then Charlotte. That's how I interpret star power. How much of a reach you have and appeal. Charlotte has never broken out of the wrestling bubble. Sure everyone in wrestling knows who she is but apart from her second name she hasn't got any more stardom then Ronda Rousey.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Mt. Rushmore of mens wrestling. Hogan, Steve Austin, Rock, John Cena

Mt. Rushmore of females wrestling. China, Trish Stratus, Lita, Charlotte Flair.

Also in no particular order of greatest. She's definitely Top 4 like Hogan

Village Idiot

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Roman Said...Mt. Rushmore of females wrestling. China, Trish Stratus, Lita Will give you those three But Not Charlotte
For The 4th Person Either The Fabulous Moolah or Nikki Bella done More Even Got 2 Tv Shows bellas & divas
Or Mae Young or Ronda Rousey if she stays for a while She is already more famous around the world than charlotte
is now

Reactions: Crash

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Roman Said...Mt. Rushmore of females wrestling. China, Trish Stratus, Lita Will give you those three But Not Charlotte
For The 4th Person Either The Fabulous Moolah or Nikki Bella done More Even Got 2 Tv Shows bellas & divas
Or Mae Young or Ronda Rousey if she stays for a while She is already more famous around the world than charlotte
is now

Those are all good picks but Mae & Moolah i would consider to be more of like the Bruno Sammartino.

Nikki Bella vs Charlotte is a tough one. Especially since Nikki has crossed more over into pop culture and is more of a household name. But then again, so is Ronda Rousey, but shes only been around for a year.

I think overtime Charlotte will become that 4th icon. We just dont consider it yet because she's currently creating the history on it.

Crash

Reaction score
Those are all good picks but Mae & Moolah i would consider to be more of like the Bruno Sammartino.

Nikki Bella vs Charlotte is a tough one. Especially since Nikki has crossed more over into pop culture and is more of a household name. But then again, so is Ronda Rousey, but shes only been around for a year.

I think overtime Charlotte will become that 4th icon. We just dont consider it yet because she's currently creating the history on it.

Well if Mae & Moolah are considered like Bruno... then why did you put China, Trish Stratus, Lita next to Charlotte Flair? They are from very different eras.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Well if Mae & Moolah are considered like Bruno... then why did you put China, Trish Stratus, Lita next to Charlotte Flair? They are from very different eras.

Charlotte is more like the Cena rather than Hogan in my eyes. I would parellel Hogan more with China. I think China would be the most recognized woman in wrestling to the most casual fans.

I consider Hogan, Rock, and Austin to be a different era then Cena. All 3 of them were basically on their way out when Cena was finding his footing in WWE. Charlotte is going to have a similar record with Cena down the road (16 time world champion) and will be the one WWE will always push. Shes just still in the process of making history, as her career is probably not even half way through.

Crash

Reaction score
Charlotte is more like the Cena rather than Hogan in my eyes. I would parellel Hogan more with China. I think China would be the most recognized woman in wrestling to the most casual fans.

I consider Hogan, Rock, and Austin to be a different era then Cena. All 3 of them were basically on their way out when Cena was finding his footing in WWE. Charlotte is going to have a similar record with Cena down the road (16 time world champion) and will be the one WWE will always push. Shes just still in the process of making history, as her career is probably not even half way through.

That's fine I respect your opinion, but I am not a fan of "parallels" women and men wrestlers have a different history in wrestling. I fully agree that Charlotte will be a pioneer but Becky and others as well.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
That's a really odd comparison. Maybe in the future, but as of right now Charlotte still has a lot to prove before being compared to someone like Hogan. Say what you want about him but he played a huge part in popularizing pro wrestling. That takes a lot of drawing power. Charlotte struggles to draw in WWE's core audience, so I don't see how she's gonna tackle the outside world the way Hogan did in the 80s, or Stone Cold & The Rock in the 90s.

Of course it also has to do with the different eras and everything, but that's exactly why I wouldn't compare many wrestlers to Hogan (the closest probably being Cena). It's like I said, a really odd comparison by Mr. Ross here