Character development on CM Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CMS

Reaction score
Did we just witnessed it? CM Punk has been for a while now in his role as the leader of the Straight Edge Society. However, the entire dynamic of the group as that Punk didnt really care about their well being, but more as having them as an anchor to win matches. The announcers and Rey Mysterio during their feud brought this a lot, saying CM Punk didn't care about Serena and Luke Gallows.

But now, CM Punk preferred to get destroyed by Kane than to let Serena admit she broke her straight edge pledge. He actually cared about her, contradicting what was being played thus far. Now, they can go with CM Punk not really caring about Serena, but being worried about how what she did would end the SES, but even if she leaves, they would still have 3 on air members (plus all the fans they shaved their heads), but I don't see them doing that. I just think the position of CM Punk as the leader of SES and how he related to their members was at least changed a bit. Any thoughts?

CMS

Reaction score
Did we just witnessed it? CM Punk has been for a while now in his role as the leader of the Straight Edge Society. However, the entire dynamic of the group as that Punk didnt really care about their well being, but more as having them as an anchor to win matches. The announcers and Rey Mysterio during their feud brought this a lot, saying CM Punk didn't care about Serena and Luke Gallows.

But now, CM Punk preferred to get destroyed by Kane than to let Serena admit she broke her straight edge pledge. He actually cared about her, contradicting what was being played thus far. Now, they can go with CM Punk not really caring about Serena, but being worried about how what she did would end the SES, but even if she leaves, they would still have 3 on air members (plus all the fans they shaved their heads), but I don't see them doing that. I just think the position of CM Punk as the leader of SES and how he related to their members was at least changed a bit. Any thoughts?

-TJ-

Reaction score
Maybe Punk was pissed off, because now he's seen to not be a good leader, seeing as Serena broke her pledge. It gave him a bad image.

-TJ-

Reaction score
Maybe Punk was pissed off, because now he's seen to not be a good leader, seeing as Serena broke her pledge. It gave him a bad image.

noumenon

Reaction score
It's a minor plot hole. I'm more concerned about the group treading water as a whole right now. It been MONTHS since we've seen this masked guy (rumored to be Mercury) and we've seen zero progression with it other than repeated run ins. What are they waiting for? Punk's wearing of the mask is about a month away from becoming just plain silly. Rey has moved on to other things so at this point Punk wearing the mask is almost moot. Unless this is leading to a title program where Rey "unmasks" Punk it's going on a bit too far at this point. It's been so long since we've had a clean sweep stable in the company and this is honestly a perfect opportunity. Punk with the WHC, Gallows and Mercury with the tag titles and Serena with the Divas title. SES is by far the most well thought out and interesting stable we've had in a long time but they're really in danger of just becoming stagnant. Punk holding a title would really cement his strong leadership position.

noumenon

Reaction score
It's a minor plot hole. I'm more concerned about the group treading water as a whole right now. It been MONTHS since we've seen this masked guy (rumored to be Mercury) and we've seen zero progression with it other than repeated run ins. What are they waiting for? Punk's wearing of the mask is about a month away from becoming just plain silly. Rey has moved on to other things so at this point Punk wearing the mask is almost moot. Unless this is leading to a title program where Rey "unmasks" Punk it's going on a bit too far at this point. It's been so long since we've had a clean sweep stable in the company and this is honestly a perfect opportunity. Punk with the WHC, Gallows and Mercury with the tag titles and Serena with the Divas title. SES is by far the most well thought out and interesting stable we've had in a long time but they're really in danger of just becoming stagnant. Punk holding a title would really cement his strong leadership position.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^I'm expecting a Punk/Rey WHC fued. Shame rey isn't Mentoring kaval on NXT as he could be written in to help watch Reys back against SES. I share your concerns with them not doing too much, but the mask thing is fine... I didn't see him cut any promo's on why he was wearing the mask, so assumed from the off that it was a simple case that he'll be wearing the mask until his hair grows back to whatever degree.

This weeks SD: I see it that Punk was simply trying to protect the integrity of the SES, not Senena... Afterall, he was still prepared to deploy Gallows to see off Kane rather than risk his own ass.

Did start to wonder at first though, I thought they were about to roll out footage of PUNK drinking (especially given how determined Punk was for Serena not to blow the proverbial whistle in the locker room skit).

CMS

Reaction score
Not seeign Punk bald pretty much renders his entire program with Rey Mysterio useless. However, is it just me, or does CM Punk has keep shaving his head? It's been what, more than a month since he shaved, and if that video was taped anytime soon, he looked pretty bald still under that cap when screaming at Serena

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I think it's more that Punk was concerned about his image, more than he was of Serena. He's been preaching for months now about how much better he is than everyone because of his status. He looks like a failed leader if someone in his immidiate crew his drinking or doing drugs. I didn't see the episode, but to my understanding, Punk knew about Serena, he just didn't want others to know.

The group has been trending water for a long time. Punk was the only one really doing anything. Gallows and Serena were just riding along. What have they done since they've been a group? It was just promos and that was all Punk. The entire Mysterio feud was one sided. It was Rey vs Punk, Gallows, and Serena. They even had the element of surprise with the masked guy and Rey still had the upper hand. He dominated that feud. Did they even win anything? Singles matches, tag matches, it didn't matter, Rey still won. They've been a failure for a long time. Plus with rumours of Punk being injured, it ain't going to get any better because the others haven't been established yet.

CMS

Reaction score
They've actually done good with Luke Gallows. I mean, for just a sidekick, they have had him get some wins over established names like MVP and Rey Mysterio. However, they don't follow up on that. The SES lost steam when CM Punk lost his hair and that match at Over the Limit. It's amazing how a simple win would have done wonders for the angle. Straight Edge Mysterio would have been so badass.

Airfixx

Reaction score
"Just one win for Punk against Rey......" cry so many of you....

...Guess what?

On April 25, 2010, at Extreme Rules 2010 CM Punk defeated Mysterio due to interference by the masked man.

The fact that they had more than one Haircut match should be a bit of a give away..... ---->>>>>>>