Champions League 2011/2012 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewb

Reaction score
Ellis tried to tell me Leighton Baines is the best left back IN THE WORLD. I now not bother talking football with him. Skimming back through this last page and a half only confirms my feelings towards this.

However.

Love to see Man U/Man City/Chelsea... even Liverpool, build a team like Evertons with their sparse money. Never going to happen but its a good side for the face Moyes has been given squat.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Agree with Lewb, Moyes has done a fantastic job with what he's got. I just don't see Everton getting any further without a cash injection though...

Pete

Reaction score
Lewbrication, do you happen to follow the Everton youth teams? How's Eric Dier (CB) doing? I knew the lad at one point and I'm interested in how he's progressing...

Lewb

Reaction score
Nah, I'm a Cardiff fan and only youth team I really know anything about is Man Uniteds. I was just stating the good job Moyes had done. Doink (Ellis) is a big Everton fan, he may know a lil about your friend.

Pete

Reaction score
<-------------------- follows youth teams.

Liverpool has a couple of good players (Ngoo - sp? - and Raheem Sterling). With that said they still got trounced by Sporting CP in the NextGen Cup (5-1 and 3-0).

Shaun

Reaction score
Even though I'm a Liverpool supporter, I have a great deal of respect for David Moyes and the job he has done for Everton with the little cash they have. It's the same with Swansea, the team they put out against Man City when they beat was worth £7 million and half of that was on Danny Graham.

On the subject of the Champions League, I see Chelsea edging Benfica but they will have to be wary of Óscar Cardozo. Other than that I see the Spanish teams dominating, as I think the teams from Spain are a class above every other team in Europe as the the English teams have started to decline a bit.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Bayern are gonna smash the fuck out of Marseille.

Something like 20 goals in their last 3 games, crazy.

Pete

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure, I predict it will be pretty close actually.

And Shaun, Benfica has other good players as well, they're doing pretty well in the domestic league this year. Strong midfield and attack in particular.

Shaun

Reaction score
I know they have other good players like Garcia, Pereira, Gaitan and Witsel but on his day Cardozo can be one of the best strikers in Europe, his left foot can be lethal.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Eric Dier has potential but he's not going to be a big name player in my opinion however my knowledge of him is limited due to him being on loan from Sporting Lisbon. He has made one appearance for England U18s so he is getting in the setup. I think Shane Duffy has more potential.

Lewb - I still think Leighton Baines is the best left back in the world.

Prod - Says something when you have to call an ancient retiree back

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I'd def. put Baines up there with the best, challenge anyone to name me 10 better left backs in the world.

He's way better than Ashley Cole at this point.

Lewb

Reaction score
I never disputed he's a great player, and he is my left back in my dream team. But if you think he's touching quality of Marcelo, Abidal (Hope he gets well soon btw) and my personal up-an coming favourite Badstuber then your crazy. Good, but nowhere near best in the world.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I never disputed he's a great player, and he is my left back in my dream team. But if you think he's touching quality of Marcelo, Abidal (Hope he gets well soon btw) and my personal up-an coming favourite Badstuber then your crazy. Good, but nowhere near best in the world.

I've never rated Marcelo and I believe he is helped a lot by the players around him. Abidal I don't think is anything special but I hope he gets better. Badstuber? He is now a centre back for Bayern Munich so he doesn't count.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Eric Dier has potential but he's not going to be a big name player in my opinion however my knowledge of him is limited due to him being on loan from Sporting Lisbon. He has made one appearance for England U18s so he is getting in the setup. I think Shane Duffy has more potential.

Lewb - I still think Leighton Baines is the best left back in the world.

Prod - Says something when you have to call an ancient retiree back

Big fucking deal. It's helped hasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.