Chad Ochocinco Falls Short of Saving Bengals From TV Blackout.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Taker

Reaction score
Edge Vs. Randy Orton...next week?

This past Monday on Raw we saw HBK Shawn Michaels earn his oppertunity to go to Wrestlemania 23, to get a shot at the WWE Championship, with the help of Edge. When Edge attempted to spear HBK he moved and caught Randy Orton with it. This week on Raw will we see Edge go one on one with his former Tag Team Partner?

xtremebadass

it's obvious they are facing at Mania, i dont think they would go one on one this early

xtremebadass

Well, ofcourse Edge and Orton are going to fight at Mania it's so obvious

J

I hope that Orton is the next to recieve a push...I mean...We all know that Edge has has 100's...and why give him another...When Orton ain't even had one...i mean...Come on...Orton has the talent...and the only reason he ain't been able to showcase it yet is his attitude...but from what i heard he is doin' a whole hell of alot betta...So come on...give the man the shot he deserves...

Reaction score
Whoa Whoa Whoa! Orton hasn't had one? (I presume you're talking about pushes so I'm gonna post as if that's what you meant.) I believe being the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in history is one damn good push. Yes he had a one month title reign, but he was just 24 years old, and is only 26 now. Orton has plenty of time to get another push of that magnitude. If anything Edge deserves to come out on top of this oh-so-obvious feud on the horizon. Edge IS the number one heel in wrestling today, period! One of the best, if not THE best on the mic in the entire industry right now. Has the edge (no pun intended) on Orton in charisma, in ring ability, mic skills, and ability to carry/get over opponents. Orton is quite good enough yet to carry an opponent through an entire match, or to make them overwhelmingly loved by the entire crowd. Edge can do that, because at the drop of a hat he can make every single person hate him. You can't waste opportunities like this. WWE has the best heel it's had since Triple H, maybe even better, they can't squander it.

Now then back to the original question. No, Orton will not square off with Edge on Monday night this week. That won't happen for awhile, if it does at all before 'Mania. This feud isn't even completely set up yet. They had the con-chair-to incident with Edge abandoning Orton, and Orton trying to hit an RKO on Edge but Edge caught him, and then last week with Edge spearing Orton. That's it. That's enough to lead them to split ways, but not start feuding yet. Plus WWE can't afford to lose either man as a heel right now, so they have to play this feud out carefully as to not get one or the other too over with the fans. I agree you can probably go ahead now and pencil this in as a match at Wrestlemania, but before that, I really don't think we'll see these two go one-on-one.

Malone Hart

Reaction score
Yeah i agree, i really doubt we will see them face off, or if we do it will end quickly and in a no contest or something, i hope Edge wins this match as stated above Orton is younger and has more time to be pushed, Edge carried John Cena throughout their feud and he is one of the only superstars i know who managed to get John Cena cheered throughout their feud.

Soulpower

I agree with Rated R... Edge has been the top heel on RAW for the past year, and he deserves to come out victorious from this feud. Besides, I'd rather see Edge vs HBK over Orton vs Shawn any day. Orton is still a young guy so he has plenty of time to get pushed and get a title run. Right now, Edge is DA MAN, and deserves to be in the ME picture.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
no they won't face on Raw well i hope the don't anyway,but WWE does like previewing the matches(i don't know if thats the right word to use) like with the Women's Championship they would have a non-title match between the two on raw 6 days before there ppv matches(ex:mickie vs victoria,lita vs mickie)yes i know it's the Wemon's Championship but i still don't see the point of doing a "preview" match.

so you can't say they won't face on Raw sometime before 'Mania,altho it would (in a way) take away from there WM match because it would seem like "been there saw that,don't want nor care to see it again"

JMay187

Reaction score
I totally agree with Rated R Superstar but Edge has had so many chances at the damn title it would be nice to see Orton get a chance at it and for that to happen he needs to win over Edge at Wrestlemania

Kairi

Reaction score
source:

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/...gals-from-tv-blackout/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

source also

chad's verified twitter account which he linked this story on

--------

There has been much scrutiny over the NFL's television blackout policy for games that fail to sell out. On Thursday, Chad Ochocinco decided to do something about it.

Facing a blackout for Sunday's home game against the Saints, the wideout announced to his fans that he was going to purchase the remainder of unsold tickets so fans in Cincinnati could watch the game.

"Dear Cincinnati I'm purchasing the remaining tickets for Sundays game, blackout my a**," he posted on his Facebook fan page. "Now anybody know how many I need to buy n how much?"

Well, Chad, you probably should have considered that question before you embarked on this endeavor. Unfortunately, teams must sell out (or request an extension from the league) more than 72 hours before game time in order to avoid a blackout.

By the time Ochocinco realized the game would not be aired on local TV -- or at least the time he first posted on the matter to Facebook -- it was already too late.

"Who is responsible for these mishaps when the games don't sell out, when soccer clubs aren't doing well their games still sell out. My level of pisstivity is at an all time high, Sunday's game is blacked out!!!!!!" he wrote around 3:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, just two hours after the 72-hour deadline had passed.

Several hours later, Ochocinco realized his efforts had come up short. "We have crossed the rubicon with the league and tv network partners so it's apparently to late to reverse the blackout, totally unfair :("

Even though his "pisstivity" level is through the roof and he's upset enough to use a frowny emoticon, it was a valiant effort with good intentions at heart. Still, it might not be the worst thing in the world that some Cincinnati fans will be spared the heartbreak of watching Drew Brees' 8-3 Saints extend their four-game win streak over a hapless Bengals team.

But don't think Ochocinco is oblivious to how insufferable the Bengals have been this year. "We might be 2-9 but if i gotta play u gotta watch!!" he wrote.

There's always the away games.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt