Cena going heel?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Spity94

Reaction score
- Creative team is discussing the possibility of altering John Cena's character when he returns from his neck injury. WWE would like him to have a stronger connection with the audience, similar to The Rock and Steve Austin. One idea is to have him turn heel, but officials are worried about the effect of merchandise sales it would have.

Source- LOP

Personally i think Cena going heel would be the right thing to do but then again wwe might not do it since he has such a big fanbase and causing kids to not like him and the merchandise to drop like they said.

Thoughts?

1chiban

Reaction score
He needs a change though so I'd be all for it.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Id love to see them do something with Cena mix it up a bit. Not full heel but not totally kid friendly face. A face with a bit of attitude and edge so to speak. That way they keep the kids buying the merchandise and get the Cena haters which is mainly (none kids) lol. to start liking Cena again. But yeah id like to see Cena change things.

Reaction score
I've been wanting Cena to turn heel for a long time. John Cena should turn heel since he has been face for a loong time.. with heel cena would have something new.

J

Not an insult to Cena as I'm a fan. But if they turn him heel it may take away a large amount of there merchandise sale's as little kid's will start to hate him. That's probably the only reason we haven't seen a heel Cena.

chessarmy

He won't turn heel, WWE is making a shitload of money because of all the Cena merchandise. The only time Cena will ever turn heel is if RAW's ratings are so low that WWE has gotten to the point where they need to do something to spark attention. They aren't at that point yet, so no heel turn

Beer Money Army

i wouldn't mind seeing Batista/Cena turning heel.. but Remember Raw doesn't have that many top faces atm...

Punk, HBK, Mysterio, with a maybe slim chance of kofi being a top star but i have serious doubts... while the heels on raw Y2J, JBL, Kane, Orton and future top heels Priceless, Santino......

it would be alright, but WWE are Struggling with weekly Consistant Over Top Faces on there brand shows...I think the ratings declining and buyrates, have prove.

Great One

Lol yeah, the day the WWE even gets the balls to turn Cena or Batista heel will be the day. Or if they even can now.

Wordlife

Cena heel wouldnt be so bad.... Cena rap gimmick also wouldnt be so bad... Cena turning FULL heel on Batista and teaming with Orton... greatest Raw feud EVER! But it wont happen

C4

John Cena turns heel when he has got nothing left with him as a babyface for the company. Right now, he can make all those ladies jump with the posters saying "I want to marry John" and all those children rise with the spinning belts and chain gang shirts and caps.

As everyone said, it would be bad for the WWE right now.... looking at it from the merchandise point of view. They need to do it sometime later though. Whenever I hear about Cena turning heel it reminds me of Hulk Hogan turning heel and joining the nWo.. this is going to be the second version.

World Champ

Reaction score
I would like to cena turn heel, it would be something fresh and then he can have a better fued with batista

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Cena going heel would be awesome, but WWE cares more about selling hats than they do about putting on a quality show. :disgust1: I'm sure we'll get a heel Cena when the ratings hit somewhere in the area of 0.5, and by then it'll be too late.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
I kinda could see this happening. It has to happen someday.. and with the Batista feud a possibility.. we could see Cena turn Heel. Would be cool to see WWE actually give us what we want, but there is of course a downfall to it.