Cena blasts The Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
Not to mention I'm sure he's going to appreciate the ability to live without pain in his twilight years.

PAIN !!!! Cena doesn't feel pain he superman he will still be wrestling and probs be champ when his 90 and do like 20 blockbuster movies a year in beetween ppv's LMAO :wink_3:

SnackZ

Reaction score
Mark my words here today. I don't throw too much out here but I bet this will lead to our WM25 Main Event. The Rock and Cena will have a stare down/verbal run in at this years Mania and everyone will be asking the Rock to come back and someone will mention this interview which will lead the Rock to say Cena is jealous and Cena will retaliate with harsh words and so on. It will be Verbal until probably the Royal Rumble where the Rock will cause Cena the title.

The whole bit after Cena/Rock match for WM25 was just a scenario I thought of quickly. The actual match will happen.

phantomgerald

I kinda agree with Cena. The wrestling fans made the rock who he is today, so he should be grateful to them. Think about it, just when he started out as a C-grade actor, only wrestling fans will watch movies he's in for the star power. Now that he's a little more famous, he got a bigger fanbase that doesn't just invlove wrestling fans.

HBKforever

Reaction score
Well his movies still suck, but that's beside the point. I'm iffy about this one, I see where Cena is coming from but it's kind of an out of line statement to say about someone like the Rock. To borrow a quote from HHH (and slightly modify it) The Rock used the WWE to get to the top, just like the WWE used The Rock to stay at the top.

Hendrixxx

Reaction score
The Rock has nothing to owe the WWE, he wanted to do something else away from wrestling, is there anything wrong with that? No, he left the business when he was still pretty young age and didn't try pushing past his prime like Hogan, i guess Cena finds something wrong with that, seeing he probably won't be able to do anything when he leaves the WWE, i mean he's supposed to be the "face" of the WWE and half of the time he gets booed, and his movies suck, and a failed rap artist on top of that. The Rock established himself as something different than "A wrestler" and his credited in his movies as "Dwayne Johnson" now i believe, and it was the fans who made him who he is today and to us he'll always be "The People's Champion, and i believe it's the other way around for Cena, the company is making him who he is, not the fans.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
What is there really left for Rock to do but job to the new talent? Maybe try putting over Kennedy, whose had a drought for some time now? Rock can do soo many cameos, plus the The Rock has lost alot of muscle so if he does return it'll take a few months for him to bulk up again.

619ENRIQUE

Reaction score
this isnt about him returning or doing more cameos
its about the Rock always saying that he loves wrestling when that is obviously not true
also he doesnt give anything back to his loyal wrestling fans

Airfixx

Rock doesn't owe WWE shit.

HOWEVER.....

Fans made The Rock.

Without a doubt Rock should have done SOMETHING for the Raw 15th Anniversary show.

Cena's said something very specific here... And I agree with it. Said as much myself in other posts...

So, would anyone defending Rocks position like to try and deny the fact that if Rock's acting hadn't panned out as 'well' as it has then he'd be knockin' on Vinces door for another run in no time.

@ CM54 - You make a concincing argument on the whole, but if all this revolves around being seen in the right light by film execs then look at the kind of crap films Rock's involved in... Hardly fine art is it? He's likely to be the handsome muscly guy or hhmmmmm.... maybe the muscly handsome guy and that's about it... These advances in acting he's talking about are just a question of how high a profile the movie has and that just equates to money.

It's reads a simple case of money over integrity.

Just suggesting an alternative tactic, but maybe he should work harder at his new craft, make himself indispensable to the film-making world (that's if he's talented enough) so that he doesn't need to publicly betray his roots (once again, the fans, not WWE) in order stay in certain industry circles...

Jabroni

Reaction score
i see where cena's coming from and maybe yes rocky should of returned for raws 15th anniversary but .. Lets Just say, Cena's a jelous assclown and cant take it that he will never EVER be as good as The Rock was, i believe rock will come back for a cameo/appearcance thing soon, but damn cena ? who the fuck does he think he is ?

Rocks been in the buisness nearly all his life by watching his dad and so on, cena doesnt have a clue , hes only been in wwe ! cena sucks !, i also dont think that the "fans" made him waht he is 2day !, YES we helped but look at all the effort hard work blood sweat and tears Dwayne did to get where he is , i respect the rock and look up to him hes my idol, and i wish him luck for the future , his films are good, depends what you like isnt it !?

anyway it would be well good if Rock interfierd in the trile threat match and cost cena the title and had a little rivalry with him :) :L, but hey Dwayne "The Rock " Johnson is the BEST ! if ya smeeeeeeeell what THE ROCK is cookin !...

C4

Cena can't just accept the fact that there was someone better than him in the past who had much more popularity and now he is in the Movies making tons of Money. I can see... 10 years from now John Cena making movies, having tons of Money! Probably the biggest star of the Millenium. He left WWE, making movies and not caring about "Sports Entertainment" It's just a part of moving to the next level, making more money..

Airfixx

...his films are good, depends what you like isnt it !?

No. Contrary to popular belief, taste isn't 100% subjective... The majority of films to come out of the states are utter shite that is geared towards selling a certain star or an idea to the masses, or at least to a lowest common denominator market place... The Rock has yet to appear in anything you could claim to be in the remaining minority.

@ C4... How the hell can you say "It's just a part of moving to the next level, making more money" in defense of someone who's being accused of SELLING out? : pfffffff :

I don't actually see why Cena's getting such a harsh response over this... He's said something very specific which a fair few of peeps are making a meal of just cos he's dared to voice a negative opinion about their darling, beloved Rocky.

Kaedon

Reaction score
It's about fucking time somebody took a hardline on this bullshit. So much for him being a "corporate boy" huh? I bet Vince loved this....

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

rock has the right to do what he wants, when he wants. he doesnt have to do what other people want

the dark knight

Cena better be careful or the Rock will come back and bury him......
this is what i thought really. he was kinda calling him out..if they keep doing this rock might agree to make some appearances...

Cena: Rocky sucks because he won't come back to job to me.
yup. maybe he's just trying to be the "real" people's champ..

And is anyone else going to laugh about this when Cena does the same exact thing in 5 or 6 years?
think again..you really think cena would be a successful actor? bullcrap. he cant even act in the wwe..

Keeb Daddy

Reaction score
he'll be back someday... after his movie career is fading, he'll still be young enough and in great shape due to not beating his body all to shit... he'll stay just close enough to wrestling to remain relevant, so that door is always open...