• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ring Of Honor wrestler Cedric Alexanderrecently spoke about the issue of racism in pro wrestling, citing WWE’s “New Day” faction as one of many examples he feels to be offensive and racist.

Regarding the WWE faction, Alexander said, “This opens up a whole different can of worms here, because everyone I know that watches WWE is offended by The New Day… extremely offended because of the whole racial thing.”

“It’s like, ‘oh we’re three black guys, we’ll sing, we’ll dance,” he continued. “You’ve got Kofi Kingston, who’s a phenomenal athlete, Big E Langston is a gigantic, threatening man andXavier Woods is extremely intelligent. So why make them sing and dance when they obviously can be more… serious, I guess?”

Alexander concluded, “When they first started this thing, it was like two or three weeks that they did it where Xavier would come out and be like a Malcolm X type of thing. He was preaching black power without saying black power, which I think is fantastic because you don’t offend anyone. But when you’ve got three black guys singing and dancing, stereotypes get fed too much and I hate it.”

Check out the complete interview as part of the latest “Jobbing Out” podcast by going to GlennClarkRadio.com.

Source

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Being stereotypical isn't the same thing as being racist. Some folks need to learn the difference.

The New Day gimmick is stupid, but it isn't "racist." Wrestling has always been laden with stereotypes. We've had stereotypical cult leaders, rednecks, blacks, Indians, Mexicans, preachers, televangelists, etc. You name it. It isn't racist just because they decide to stereotype you based on your skin color.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Wouldn't Bray Wyatt's be considered racist too? I mean, we can all nitpick and call anything racist if it has a lick of stereotypes or something.

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Giving a shit gimmick to a black person automatically means racism? Oh ffs. And seriously, dancing and singing? I'd understand if they'd be raping, stealing, eating watermelons + KFC and having this as their theme but I don't see anything offending with dancing and singing

Last edited by a moderator:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
John Travolta would out dance this clown any day of the week, Pulling the old race card shit to get him noticed and talked about as his garbage wrestling is not doing it for him, stay off the McDonalds fat fuck

Reactions: Leo C

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
John Travolta would out dance this clown any day of the week, Pulling the old race card shit to get him noticed and talked about as his garbage wrestling is not doing it for him, stay off the McDonalds fat fuck
He could also stop no selling top rope sunset flip powerbombs and things of the sort

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
entertain me black man

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Aids Johnson

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Not everything has to do with racism, Jesus people can be so sensitive... There's no reason to be offended.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Wasn't 3mb a stable of three white guys singing and dancing? lol