Cat Zingano returns at UFC 178 against Amanda Nunes.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Dominick Cruz will not be the only fighter returning to the cage at UFC 178, as the UFC announced that "Alpha" Cat Zingano will finally make her return opposite Amanda Nunes on the card as well.

Zingano hasn't fought since The Ultimate Finale 17 where she defeated Miesha Tate via TKO to claim a number one contendership for the UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship. But a torn ACL forced Zingano out of action and has been on the sidelines since. Rousey faced Tate in her place at UFC 168. Zingano is currently undefeated in MMA competition with her record being 8-0.

Amanda Nunes has also been on an impressive stretch since signing with the UFC, as she's defeated Sheila Gaff and Germaine de Randamie

UFC 178 takes place September 27th at an unannounced venue in Las Vegas. The main event features the long awaited rematch between UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones vs Alexander Gustafsson along with the long awaited return of Dominick Cruz.

Below is the full card.

UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
Jon Jones (c) vs. Alexander Gustafsson

Bantamweight: Dominick Cruz vs. Takeya Mizugaki

Middleweight: Tim Kennedy vs. Yoel Romero

Women's Bantamweight: Cat Zingano vs. Amanda Nunes

Author: Alex Cochrane
Cited source: Dana Becker (fightline.com)

----------------------------------------------------------

A little too late, as just recently the UFC just announced that they signed Holly Holm. They should have put her on this card to fight Zingano.

I seriously think Holly Holm is Ronda Rousey's biggest threat.

Swinny

Reaction score
Eh, I really don't get all the Holly Holm hype yet. Yes she's an awesome boxer and has looked good so far, but who has she really faced and what kind of takedown and submission defense does she really have going up against Ronda? I wanna see her get a couple of fights against big names in the UFC and see how legit she really is, but I think all this talk of her being the one to beat Rousey is WAY premature.

But as for this fight, should be a good one and will be interesting to see how Zingano bounces back from her injury. If she wins though she definitely has to be next in line for the title shot.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Eh, I really don't get all the Holly Holm hype yet. Yes she's an awesome boxer and has looked good so far, but who has she really faced and what kind of takedown and submission defense does she really have going up against Ronda? I wanna see her get a couple of fights against big names in the UFC and see how legit she really is, but I think all this talk of her being the one to beat Rousey is WAY premature.

Holly Holm presents the most problems for Rousey on paper. She's light on her feet and over matches Rousey in the terms of hand speeds and reach, she can get in and out a lot quicker then somebody like Cyborg and not fall into Rousey's trap like I'm assuming Cyborg would (who more then likely would fight her head on). Holly could strike from different angles with her reach advantage and avoid clinching with Rousey and prevent any takedowns.

Plus, Ronda's never dealt with anybody who's had the striking pedigree like Holly does. She probably wouldn't do it in the most exciting fashion but she can definitely beat Ronda for sure.

Overall she's just a stylistic nightmare for Ronda.