Caring too much about Ratings?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Lately, I've been noticing how much people pay attention to the ratings of Impact. I've seen that the TNA backstage guys are caring more about how much a certain thing was rated instead of how it was booked. I'm not too big of a fan of this, and after seeing the Monday Night Wars Documentary, it kinda sounds like what WCW did against the WWE. They were caring too much about how high the rating was instead of the quality of the show. I might be making a prediction here, but if TNA cared less about ratings, and focused more on putting on a good wrestling show, it would help them in the long run.

Thoughts?

Enigma22

Reaction score
well if they have a better show their ratings will probably go up so obviously thats what they are trying to do. they need to try to get their ratings up. they dont do impact for fun. they do it for the money and the higher the ratings the more money...

lord batair

Reaction score
In fact what you said is true also for any tv show or movies, if the creative team only focuses on the creative side of their work, well we can have great shows, movies or tna ppvs gimmick-match-less ^^ But let face it it's business first in this TV world we have (and deserve I think. if you don't like commercial stuff stop watching them right), rating bring ad., bringing money (eventualy can help in the creative process if the owners of the show aren't just a bunch of shark), but i'm not teaching you anything new right ? It's how the world works those days.

About tna i think like you Headfirst i hope tna can focus on the quality of the storylines (and that spike tv continue to trust them despite of the low ratings)

Montana

well if they have a better show their ratings will probably go up so obviously thats what they are trying to do. they need to try to get their ratings up. they dont do impact for fun. they do it for the money and the higher the ratings the more money...

well. not always. If you bring in a booker T...how much did he increase ratings??? zero...but yet they are probably paying him a half a million dollars. That money has to be made up somewhere.

As to thread itself. YES i do think FANS care too much about the ratings. I would be fine if the FANS never saw the ratings at all. Its the companies problem if ratings drop. It just gives the fans something to nag about. Money should be the #1 focus for every wrestling organization. WCW cared too much ratings. ECW wasn't aware of the downside to television. Instead of comparing week to week ratings fans should focus on other areas.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
As to thread itself. YES i do think FANS care too much about the ratings. I would be fine if the FANS never saw the ratings at all. Its the companies problem if ratings drop. It just gives the fans something to nag about. Money should be the #1 focus for every wrestling organization. WCW cared too much ratings. ECW wasn't aware of the downside to television. Instead of comparing week to week ratings fans should focus on other areas.

I agree with you on us fans caring and complaining too much about ratings, I'd care more about a show that was good instead of the rating any day. but whenever I see an interview with a TNA Wrestler or a report from backstage, there's always something about the ratings in there. It seems in my mind that TNA is starting to care more about beating ECW, or scoring a 1.3 than how good the show was with all the news.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya but basically the only way to improve your ratings is to improve your show so its basically the same thing. i guess they could advertise too but basically improving the product should improve the ratings so its basically the same thing...

chessarmy

I agree. If they just focus on putting on consistently good TV shows and PPVs, it will spark more interest among the wrestling community and the ratings will eventually come

KenFan4life

Reaction score
ya-know tha' best way to enjoying the most out of anything...

"not caring"

ya-know what I'm Saying...basically its like..

when I was a kid, I didn't know about any "Star-Rating" or "TV-Ratings" or "Buyrate-Ratings" or "PPV-Ratings" or "Chuck's Gonna Ban U ratings" or "Mike Chaos thinks your sexy ratings" or "rell's Black Ratings" or "Jasmine is Rell Ratings"...

ya-know...cuz I didn't have a computer and such..and blah-blah-blah, skip ahead a few chapters in KenFan'history and Wa-BAM!
here I am and I'm constantly in fear of WWE's Ratings, TNA's Ratings, Smackdown-Ratings, Impact Ratings, RAW-ratings, My Thread's Views-Ratings, ECW-Ratings, Kennedy's Mic-Skill Ratings, etc-ratings and this and that...

and ya-know what...

I think its best just to be stupid, instead of sounding like a robotic-blueberry like the rest of the nerd-turds...

so what I"m trying to say is that...

if you like and enjoy TNA and stuff...then don't let a bunch of smug-Devil-Money-Happy WWE fans bring you down to their level..

and if you're a WWE Fan, then don't let a bunch of Islamic-Damn-Dirty Smelling-TNA fans bring you up to their doors and piss you off...

and if you're a ROH fan, then like....we probably don't even recongize you here at this forum...so like "Hi."

Moonlight Drive

I sort of agree.

See, TNA will always be considered a 2nd rate company because they won't get the same ratings as WWE, well, ever to be honest. WWE has somethingTNA lacks, althought they have got a bit of it, and that's star power, 3 TV shows and a shitload of money

Think about it this way. Say Impact started going head-to-head with ECW. They get a ratings advantage, will that affect the WWE? No. They have Raw and SD!, and as long as people watch those, the WWE could easily put marquee matches on ECW, advertise them on Raw & SD!, and bravo, ECW is on top.

And about Star Power, I mean, TNA has Booker T, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Christian Cage, etc., but that can't match up to the stars WWE have. Now they have WWE films the stars will only get greater, plus their is a magazine and they even release CDs.

WWE is a powerhouse, and I belive TNA doesn't get ratings because WWE fans watch TNA, it's different, and they'd rather the WWE style. Plus Impact is not consistent, no matter what anyone says