Can you take the WWE seriously

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

tnafan454

Reaction score
anybody else notice how they have started with more comedy skits in one show then acual good matchs lets take raw for example We now have Hornswaggle in the Royal Rumble. The royal rumble a match that people have made there careers by winning and now we have Hornswaggle in it. Now Finaly is is this comedy bit and turned face for it when he really should be a heel due to his persona of loving to fight .

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I think the Carlito and Hornswoggle in the locker room with the spray paint wall thing pretty much solidified that WWE is turning into one big joke.

Or is that the fact that a 58 year old bald fat man can beat Randy Orton, Umaga, Triple H were it not that someone interfered, etc? Nah, the Hornswoggle thing came first.

Kaedon

Reaction score
anybody else notice how they have started with more comedy skits in one show then acual good matchs lets take raw for example We now have Hornswaggle in the Royal Rumble. The royal rumble a match that people have made there careers by winning and now we have Hornswaggle in it. Now Finaly is is this comedy bit and turned face for it when he really should be a heel due to his persona of loving to fight .

Considering the Royal Rumble has had CHYNA, Drew Carey, and VINCE MCMAHON in it, this isnt that far of a stretch. If you dont like it, dont watch, its that simple. By the way, I find it hilarious that a TNA fan is complaining about comedy skits....

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Considering the Royal Rumble has had CHYNA, Drew Carey, and VINCE MCMAHON in it, this isnt that far of a stretch. If you dont like it, dont watch, its that simple. By the way, I find it hilarious that a TNA fan is complaining about comedy skits....
Call me when Christian Cage tries to run through a spraypaint door in the wall or Samoa Joe tries to blow up Kurt Angle with TNT.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Or how about when we have two costume matches in the WWE within a few weeks or when HHH pretends to be a marriage counselor to Randy Orton and his wife. Im not gonna say the WWE doesnt get stupid sometimes, but for a hardcore TNA fan to say it's that stupid is hypocritical.

Wrestling Station

Or how about when we have two costume matches in the WWE within a few weeks or when HHH pretends to be a marriage counselor to Randy Orton and his wife. Im not gonna say the WWE doesnt get stupid sometimes, but for a hardcore TNA fan to say it's that stupid is hypocritical.

Cant agree more. When you are a low class fan *cough TNA Sheep cough* then you have no right to bash a bigger business. Why? coz just by looking at what TNA is offering, you would know that its just a low class show with bunch of "this is AWESOME!" fans; you wouldnt expect anything that worse from any other business. TNA is turning to be the cable version of OVW.

SuckIt

Reaction score
Has Doink the Clown ever been in the Royal Rumble? I'm sure he has, can't get much more crazy than that can you?

The A-man

Reaction score
Given all of the characters, angle, swerves, flops, matchtypes, drama, and whatever that the WWE has displayed over the years, its safe to say that the promotion should NEVER be taken seriously.

Come on, its SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. That's always been their primary style.

The Rated R CMStar

Man, it is just one damn angle. Yeah, Hornswogle is in the Rumble, but he wil not be part of it, I bet he will pass the whole match under the ring and then enter to be eliminated. WWE might take a lot of things to joke, but they do take seriously the Road to Wrestlemania, and they will not include Horny in a main event picture even if it is for a brief moment.
Oh, and way to go to evade the huge match that happened on that show, Jeff Hardy vs Umaga in the Cage.

Where did I see a wrestler dressed as a turkey and a deer? And their World Champion as a pilgrim?

PeepShow

Wow, I actually manage to agree with Kaedon on something here. Both programs have very, VERY annoying and sometimes stupid comedy parts, but TNA is trying wayyyyyy to hard to keep up imo. WWE does it a lot, but not to the same extent. The Storm/EY things are getting very lame, as well as the AJ skits. Nothing much else to say.

The Rated R CMStar

Wow, I actually manage to agree with Kaedon on something here. Both programs have very, VERY annoying and sometimes stupid comedy parts, but TNA is trying wayyyyyy to hard to keep up imo. WWE does it a lot, but not to the same extent. The Storm/EY things are getting very lame, as well as the AJ skits. Nothing much else to say.

A conscient TNA fan

I think the Carlito and Hornswoggle in the locker room with the spray paint wall thing pretty much solidified that WWE is turning into one big joke.

Or is that the fact that a 58 year old bald fat man can beat Randy Orton, Umaga, Triple H were it not that someone interfered, etc? Nah, the Hornswoggle thing came first.

A main eventers hater, "This is awesome" yelling TNA fan

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
A main eventers hater, "This is awesome" yelling TNA fan
If, after reading all my posts, you extrapolate "I hate main-eventers", i'm not even going to waste my time debating with you until you go back, reread, and actually get what i'm saying in my posts. The "58 year old balding fat man still demands to main event" portions will be a good place to start.

CT Styles

Has Doink the Clown ever been in the Royal Rumble? I'm sure he has, can't get much more crazy than that can you?

Yes Doink has been in the Rumble.

And The WWE has always been like this for the last couple of years and people just keep expecting it to be the 'Attitude' Era again. We don't have any Stone Colds or Rocks but we do have some younger talent whuch we can turn into the next Rocks but the WWE's to busy trying to be funny.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
^ Agreed people usually expect match of the year out of the royal rumble. The thing is we won't get that, we don't expect there to be skits during the rumble, for example, RR06, During the match they had the McMahon come out and eliminate Shawn Michaels, that was a skit just not a very funny one