Can You Say Gimmick Match Overkill? ...Again?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Reaction score
WWE Calling Up More Stars Soon, Update on WWE's Money in the Bank PPV
By Marc Middleton
May 25, 2010 - 6:37:06 PM

Source: F4Wonline.com

- The current plan for WWE's Money in the Bank pay-per-view in July is to have two Money in the Bank matches for two different briefcases. One of the winners will likely cash in his title shot at the SummerSlam pay-per-view in August.

UGH. If they have main event stars in these matches it will make it even worse.

Axis

Reaction score
Hey, remember when everybody called for MOAR Money in the Bank, despite the fact that it has already run it's course? I do.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
The only thing that could possibly save this is by having 6 guys in each. Having 10 guys in the match, like at Mania, let alone having two matches is ridiculous. They probably couldn't even fill all 20 of those spots with their roster right now.

Wordlife

Reaction score
As awkward as this sounds, a mid card IC title MITB match would be fun to watch. It could give the mid card guys a chance to shine, and plus it could give the IC title some potential more.

Reaction score
Hey, remember when everybody called for MOAR Money in the Bank, despite the fact that it has already run it's course? I do.

Yeh you might be confusing "MOAR" with just continuing it at WM. I doubt anyone ... with half a brain anyways ... would ask for it to be a PPV and give us two more MiTB. Urgh, whoever said that needs to be shot, lol.

Axis

Reaction score
Yeh you might be confusing "MOAR" with just continuing it at WM. I doubt anyone ... with half a brain anyways ... would ask for it to be a PPV and give us two more MiTB. Urgh, whoever said that needs to be shot, lol.
The point is that the gimmick is already diluted, so having two more is not much different than having one more. It's like Hell in a Cell. It used to be special, but over the past 3 - 4 years it was completely bastardized, so why the hell not give it it's own PPV?

Kaedon

Reaction score
I don't see how using something twice a year is overkill...but whatever. I do like it as a Wrestlemania attraction ONLY though.

Reaction score
I suppose the 'overkill' idea with MiTB is slightly different, like Kaedon mentioned.

MiTB was (and I think still should be) a once a year spectacle. It's the one time where a guy like Edge or Swagger can step up their game. It has purpose, and a real nice feel and build to it. The idea of doing, not only as a PPV theme, but to have two matches in it, is overkill. It kills it's relation to WM, and really doesn't feel like it's "his" turn to step up. Worst off, they'll have to use big stars. So really, it'll just be a six-man ladder match, with No1 Contenders stips.

The difference to the HiAC/EC overkill is - those matches were used for a purpose. They were used (more so HiAC/Cage/LMS) to build/end a fued. You didn't just have two guys face eachother once then ... oops, we HAVE to fight next time in a HiAC. Darn. It was once 'HBK/HHH fued hatred was intense enough, that it needed to end in HiAC.' Now, it's just a gimmick. It doesn't mean anything, at all.

Sucks, really.

Kizza

Reaction score
Boring.

Soon it'll be like feast or fired.

chessarmy

Reaction score
It should be a yearly tradition at Wrestlemania, nothing more

Reaction score
One question, who would you put in?
6 RAW and 6 Smackdown!
Raw - Jericho, Bourne, Edge, Orton, Henry and Ryder/Tatsu/R - Truth/JoMo maybe
Smackdown! - Christian, Rhodes, Mysterio, Punk, Ziggler, McIntyre

Thats my prediction if it's 6 man each with Jericho and McIntyre winning(Not being biesed, but Vince is)