• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Can X division stars be pushed in WWE?

NinoBrown

Glad Switchy said it. AJ Styles will be midcard if he ever entered the WWE ring, fans will ask and plead for ME but it'll never happened just like Hardy(both of them) going into ME status. Samoa Joe is the only one I can see in the ME picture, his size and skill would fit the ME picture.

Someone like Jerry Lynn or Christopher Daniels could but it'll be hard for someone there size. I compare them to Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho, both of them are small and are in the ME. Both of them made it there with their charisma and skill. But all in all, Joe is the only I can see.

Mike Chaos

Jerry Lynn is to old for a full time contract with WWE, hes just not a big star in the eyes of the little kids that watch WWE.

No one is too old. Finlay is 49 and he only recently became an on air wrestler again. Jerry Lynn is what? 44? I don't think that is old in the wrestling business when the Undertaker is still "cool" and is in his early 40s.

Lynn just doesn't have the connection with the WWE fans as he does with the TNA and indies fans. The fans that respect him for him being a veteran and 5 star wrestler. WWE fans know him as a jobber with no mic skills.

Ed_cena

In ecw AJ styles could be a ME superstar easy, he would have awesome feuds, like AJ styles vs John morrison or AJ styles vs cm punk or AJ vs elijah burke.
In raw he will be a mid card, in the intercontinental title division or tag division. AJ vs Jeff, AJ vs mr kennedy, AJ vs carlito, AJ vs london or kendrick.
In SD! same as raw a mid card in the us title division or maybe a ME like rey mysterio.AJ vs mvp,AJ vs matt, AJ vs rey mysterio, AJ vs edge.
Samoe joe i dont think that he will be a ME in wwe, becuase vince dont like fat people as champs.
I only see samoe joe in wwe as heel monster, but wwe have UMAGAAA.

bigmark35

The E

Even if Vince pushes them he will limit what they can do in the ring. I understand he wants to protect them but those high risk moves are the essences of the x division

i agree with bigmark,with the spotlight on wwe right now vince is seriously limiting movesets.It's not the right time for an x division champion to join.But if Aj did join he would be awesome.I saw AJ vs scott hall from a few years back,he can have a great match with a bigger opponent.But then would Aj styles succumb to the roid culture prevalent in wwe to gain size.

TheAnswer

I feel Alex Shelly has enough talent and enough charisma to be a big star. He reminds of a young Chris Jericho. Shelly can be an awesome heel, I think if he goes to WWE he would start off in the cruiserweight divison and be used in a similar role to Gregory Helms, but slowely go to IC/US/ Champion and finally after years and see that he improves in the ring maybe become World Champion. He would also have to gain some weight, maybe add 15 pounds. (Without Steroids.)