Can the Rock/Cena hype out-do the Punk/Cena hype?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
Had Rock-Cena taken place this year, say at Summerslam or something, then it would've been one of the most hyped-up matches in history,. The year gap was a) silly and b) will kill any heat and c) will involve them trying to artificially restart it around Rumble time next year which just won't work.

I an;'t see MITB doing that big a buyrate, even with the Punk-Cena hype as the hype is pretty much restricted to the IWC which won't be the case with Rock-Cena, admittedly!

The A-man

Reaction score
I'd have to say that there's no way the whole Rock/Cena drama will ever out-hype Cena/CM Punk. As of now The Rock and Cena battling each other (as big of a deal as it is) isn't all that relevant giving what already happening in the Big 'E right now.

Their big match is when......April 1, 2012? Next year? I doubt that the writers even with input from The Rock or Cena would ever be able to maintain everyone's interest from now til then. Now, if say just a 1 or 2 months away from Wrestlemania XXVIII then I can see the heat from these two pick up 'cause it then won't be long before the two offically clash.