Can a finish make or break a match for you?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
The crowd counting was atrocious, like I found it funny at first but then they just kept doing it lmao overall I didn't mind the match though, I remember it being fairly hated however :lol

Wrestling fans in a nutshell. Overdo chants until it stops being good.

It's why "This is Awesome!" has lost all meaning. Although, a year without fans has been too long. I'd take the annoyance again.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I can honestly say it's one of Seth's worst matches in WWE. I'm going to sound like a big fanboy, but there isn't many times where I don't enjoy Seth wrestling. Even his average matches are watchable. The Fiend match was just bad in every way, nobody looked good from it. Another match I disliked was that time he faced Ziggler in an Ironman match and it was one of the worst ones I've watched, the stipulation wasn't used to the full potential. I remember the crowd was really annoying that night, too.
I remember the in Ring action being fine in that match but the crowd killed it by trying to get themselves over

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I remember the in Ring action being fine in that match but the crowd killed it by trying to get themselves over

I'd rewatch it, but can't be arsed dealing that crowd again. I think I was so burnt out on Ziggler and Rollins working together by that point, and they had both had better days and matches.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
The one match outcome that I didn't like and it actually ruined the whole match for me was Charlotte Flair vs Sasha Banks in their Iron Woman Match. I still to this very day feel that Sasha should have just passed out instead of tapping out. Solid match but that ending made me turn off the rest of the Pay Per View.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
North American crowds are just bad at making up chants - its not their fault.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Any match that doesn't involve the Fiend being executed ruins the finish.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I don't really think you can count the fart explosion as the "finish" of the Revolution main event cos it wasn't the finish. The finish was the One Winged Angel onto the chair. The explosion stuff was after that.

One match that got ruined by the ending for me was Dean vs Seth, Hell In A Cell 2014 when Bray Wyatt showed up to fuck Dean over. Like, what the hell were they thinking? That match was great up till then, but they just had to ruin it by Wyatt showing up. It was completely unneeded. Wyatt could have shown up after it was over or even on Raw the next night. WHY, DURING THE MATCH??? DAMMIT WWE :tenay

• Angry

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I’ll remember a shitty ending to a good match more than a good ending to a shit match. Bad endings bother me cuz all the great effort of putting on an entertaining match just gets shovelled in shit by some trash ass finish.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well if End Game had Tony Stark scream "MARTHA!" and Thanos was all "my bad, I'll go home now".....you'd think the last Avengers was shit too.