• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buried, Wasted, and Lost Wrestlers of WWE

Solid Snake

Champion
I thought this would be a good way to discuss all the buried, wasted, and lost talent the WWE has or has had. With many of the wrestlers walking out or just flat out being lost within the company, which ones stand out the most to you? How many wrestlers can you name that have ended up in the black hole of the WWE?

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Roman Reigns. The dude is the total package, and yet he's wasted with shitty booking, shittier scripts, and forced to wrestle the shitty WWE style.
Also basically everyone on the roster, since WWE itself is just an unentertaining black hole of wasted talent. I'm happy it seems like a few are finally choosing to showcase their talent where it is actually appreciated, and getting those larger booking fees thanks to being "ex-WWE talent"

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Honestly...at this very moment...I have to go with Luke Harper...

Seriously...the guy has some impressive in-ring skill
and he seems to have a real "presence" about him.

Its hard to explain...I think its his body language and
the way he carries himself...and his wild, crazy eyes.

I really think the WWE dropped the ball with Harper
and he was really coming into his own during the
"Viper in the House of Wyatt's" angle...which in hindsight
ended up helping no one.

I want to see Harper take on Aleister Black...that would
be a great match...in my opinion.

Last edited:

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Rusev is a tragic one. He literally does every single thing well. There's nothing he cant do, yet he's just a complete jobber.

Wade Barrett should have been a World Champion.

Miz is still being wasted a bit, he's probably been WWE's best and most consistent performer over the past year and a half yet he's still just in that role where he's used as a pawn to put the chosen ones over.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Rusev is a tragic one. He literally does every single thing well. There's nothing he cant do, yet he's just a complete jobber.
Ain't that the truth...

I was hoping they'd give Rusev a face turn and push...but
he's just there to make Cena & Orton look good...even though
it should be the other way around.

Wade Barrett should have been a World Champion.
I never saw much of Barrett...but I've heard he's awesome...

Miz is still being wasted a bit, he's probably been WWE's best and most consistent performer over the past year and a half yet he's still just in that role where he's used as a pawn to put the chosen ones over.
I think the Miz does alright for himself...he may eventually
become the greatest Intercontinental champion in WWE.

The problem is the Miz just isn't big enough...and as we
all know...Vince McMahon likes big, sweaty men.

On the mic though...the Miz is King...

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Baron Corbin even though they FINALLY gave him a title to hold and some chances to destroy his opponents, how long will it last.......this time??

Apollo Crews is such a super-athlete in the ring, flips, high flyer, strength, power, hard kicks. WTF, Vince??

Kalisto was wasted but I think he fits great in the Cruiserweight division and as long as they build great stories for him then he'll be alright.

Naomi (once again) now that they removed the belt off her a 2nd time, they haven't kept her doing anything worth watching. Smh They should have created a feud between her and Charlotte even throw in Becky or more. Smh *sighs*

Even though Breezango keep everyone entertained with their antics, these guys need to get more ring time. Hell, I'll be super excited if The New Day and them feud or even have The Usos feud with them again. "Day One Is H??", Tyler Breeze using props and disguises during the matches, I mean c'mon dammit.

Mickie James.....like.....I guess she's only going to be putting over all the new talent, I hope she gets another title victory.

Batista when he returned in 2013, it would have been amazing to have him tear thru guys but he left us after Wrestlemania XXX and after not liking the new direction of WWE. :emoji_slight_frown:

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Baron Corbin even though they FINALLY gave him a title to hold and some chances to destroy his opponents, how long will it last.......this time??
Rumored to have opened his mouth at the wrong time and paid the price for it...
I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually drops the U.S belt to Bobby Roode at Wrestlermania 34.

Apollo Crews is such a super-athlete in the ring, flips, high flyer, strength, power, hard kicks. WTF, Vince??
Elevated to early from NXT...and has been fighting an uphill battle ever since...

Kalisto was wasted but I think he fits great in the Cruiserweight division and as long as they build great stories for him then he'll be alright.
I never got to see him fight Neville for the Cruiserweight title...which really pisses me off!

Naomi (once again) now that removed the belt off her a 2nd time, they haven't kept her doing any worth watching. Smh They should have created a feud between her and Charlotte even throw in Becky or more. Smh *sighs*
Ugh...looking back at Naomi's 2 (I count it as one but whatever) title reigns...I honestly
think they never really cared about her as champion. It was a "Hold on to this while
we reshuffle our deck/rosters" reign...and then they left the belt on her because it was
easier for them.

As Champion she defended the title successfully 4 times...once against Bliss who was
going to RAW anyway...and then 3 times against Lana.

She missed defending the title at Backlash & Battleground...which was pathetic booking.

She was pinned clean by Charlotte in a singles match and was also pinned by both Carmella
and Tamina in tag matches.

Then in her first "real" defense at SummerSlam...she taps out to Natalya...and then fails to
regain the title on SmackDown.

Her reign(s) were pathetic and she is no better off now than she was before she became
champion. Both Naomi & Bayley were booked pathetically as Champions and its just sad
in hindsight.

In comparison...Natalya hasn't been pinned/submitted in any match since she won the title...
apart from a DQ loss at Hell in a Cell...which was bullshit...but a least kept her record clean
as a champion.

In fact...booking wise...Natalya has been more impressive Champion than Bayley, Naomi &
Sasha combined.

Even though Breezango keep everyone entertained with their antics, these guys need to get more ring time. Hell, I'll be super excited if The New Day and them feud or even have The Usos feud with them again. "Day One Is H??", Tyler Breeze using props and disguises during the matches, I mean c'mon dammit.
Both these guys are so underrated in the ring...and I personally think they missed their
chance when the Miz was drafted to RAW.

I always thought Breezango should have been paired with the Miz & Maryse to form
some kind of Hollywood themed stable. Breezango would serve as back up for the Miz
and in turn the Miz & Maryse could have helped them win the tag titles. Then you could
have left them do their backstage "skits" involving the Miz & Maryse.

It could have been pure Gold...or at least it would have been in my opinion.

I also would like to see Summer Rae paired with them...seeing as she has history with
both Tyler & Fandango...and I'm sure she would look stunning in a police uniform.

Mickie James.....like.....I guess she's only going to be putting over all the new talent, I hope she gets another title victory.
Mickie was better off on SmackDown (Tamina should have been drafted to RAW
and teamed with Nia) and its only recently that she's been getting any real time
on RAW...mic or match time.

I really would really like to see her kick Alexa in the face and win the title...but
like you said...she's simply here to put over the younger talent.

I would very much like to see Asuka vs. Miickie II...but who really knows what
the creative team will do.

Batista when he returned in 2013, it would have been amazing to have him tear thru guys but he left us after Wrestlemania XXX and after not liking the new direction of WWE. :emoji_slight_frown:
And Batista is still pretty bitter about how that run went for him...at
least according to reports I've read & listened to.

The fans wanted Daniel Bryan...so booking him as a face was a
big mistake.

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Rumored to have opened his mouth at the wrong time and paid the price for it...
I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually drops the U.S belt to Bobby Roode at Wrestlermania 34.

Elevated to early from NXT...and has been fighting an uphill battle ever since...

I never got to see him fight Neville for the Cruiserweight title...which really pisses me off!

Ugh...looking back at Naomi's 2 (I count it as one but whatever) title reigns...I honestly
think they never really cared about her as champion. It was a "Hold on to this while
we reshuffle our deck/rosters" reign...and then they left the belt on her because it was
easier for them.

As Champion she defended the title successfully 4 times...once against Bliss who was
going to RAW anyway...and then 3 times against Lana.

She missed defending the title at Backlash & Battleground...which was pathetic booking.

She was pinned clean by Charlotte in a singles match and was also pinned by both Carmella
and Tamina in tag matches.

Then in her first "real" defense at SummerSlam...she taps out to Natalya...and then fails to
regain the title on SmackDown.

Her reign(s) were pathetic and she is no better off now than she was before she became
champion. Both Naomi & Bayley were booked pathetically as Champions and its just sad
in hindsight.

In comparison...Natalya hasn't been pinned/submitted in any match since she won the title...
apart from a DQ loss at Hell in a Cell...which was bullshit...but a least kept her record clean
as a champion.

In fact...booking wise...Natalya has been more impressive Champion than Bayley, Naomi &
Sasha combined.

Both these guys are so underrated in the ring...and I personally think they missed their
chance when the Miz was drafted to RAW.

I always thought Breezango should have been paired with the Miz & Maryse to form
some kind of Hollywood themed stable. Breezango would serve as back up for the Miz
and in turn the Miz & Maryse could have helped them win the tag titles. Then you could
have left them do their backstage "skits" involving the Miz & Maryse.

It could have been pure Gold...or at least it would have been in my opinion.

I also would like to see Summer Rae paired with them...seeing as she has history with
both Tyler & Fandango...and I'm sure she would look stunning in a police uniform.

Mickie was better off on SmackDown (Tamina should have been drafted to RAW
and teamed with Nia) and its only recently that she's been getting any real time
on RAW...mic or match time.

I really would really like to see her kick Alexa in the face and win the title...but
like you said...she's simply here to put over the younger talent.

I would very much like to see Asuka vs. Miickie II...but who really knows what
the creative team will do.

And Batista is still pretty bitter about how that run went for him...at
least according to reports I've read & listened to.

The fans wanted Daniel Bryan...so booking him as a face was a
big mistake.
Nothing but pure facts that you've given me and I've recognized all of this stuff thru the past years except I never knew about Apollo Crews since I don't watch NXT and Idk how to feel about Summer Rae.

So about Batista, the fans wanted Daniel Bryan more than Batista, is this what you're saying?? Maybe it was bad timing to have Batista return right in the middle of The Yes Movement?I?? I still would have loved to see Batista in singles action after the brief Evolution reunion, that man is not to be fucked with!! :emoji_grin:

200.gif

Last edited: