Bulls vs Pacers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Most Hyped Match in History

I have to believe Umaga vs Lashley is the most hyped match i've ever seen. Perhaps its because there is now 3 shows and more time to promote it. Or because it has 5 very different personalities, whatever it is, This match its extremely hyped.

Other than that:

Hogan vs Andre ...I wasnt around for the hype, but i hear it was unreal when andre torn the chain off of hogan.

HBK vs Bret Iron Man.....Two guys that really didnt like each others. Fueded years before and HBK was properly built up this time around. Good Iron man buildup in my opinion

Hogan vs Warrior again i wasnt around...but this had crazy hype as the 2 main champions in hte business faced off in perhaps the biggest match in mania history.

Rock vs Austin. The attitude era exploded with those. Pure entertainment.

Certainly Umaga/ Lashley wont live up to these but the future looks bright for lashley. It will be interesting to see how this matchups looks in a few years, as perhaps the launch of lashleys career. Hopefully Umaga is still around in a few years and not a sorry ass face.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Hogan vs Rock,Rock vs Brock,HBK vs HHH and HHH vs Austin are some more.

Great One

Yeah I was about to say you forgot Hogan vs. Rock... and is this hype produced off of WWE or hype from us fans? If fans are included, I'd definitily throw last years main event into that category: Triple H vs. John Cena.

Montana

i meant in actual terms of buildup to make you want to see the match. I agree Rock vs Hogan was great. That was a amazing promo between the two, perhaps the most memorable of all time.

Great One

Oh and definitily throw Cena vs. HHH in there then. That even topped Hogan vs. Rock in terms of emotion in the match from the crowd... it was amazing and that's one of Cena's matches that will never be forgotten. The fact that he can draw that much energy from a crowd has to show something.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
HBK vs Hogan too from Summerslam a few years back,also the story between Matt Hardy and Edge was ,to me, so intense

HustlerRS

Reaction score
Yeah, Hogan vs. Rock. Overrated though. It felt more at some points like a desperate plea for ratings..

circle

Reaction score
Rock Vs. Hogan at WM18
Stone Cold Vs. HBK at WM 14
Stone Cold Vs. The Rock at WM 15, 17, 19
HHH vs. HBK vs. Benoit at WM 20
Hogan vs. Warrior at WM 6
Hardy Vs. Edge at Summer Slam 2005

Those were my most hyped matches

Wrestling Station

Andre vs Hogan
Bret Hart vs HBK
Rock vs Austin
Austin vs HBK
Undertaker vs Kane
Triple H vs Batista
DX vs McMahons

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Stone Cold vs Shawn Micheals Wrestlemania 14
Undertaker vs Kane Wrestlemania 14
Stone Cold vs The Rock Wrestlemania 17
Stone Cold vs The Rock Wrestlemania 19
Stone Cold vs Undertaker SummerSlam 1998
Shawn Micheals vs Triple H SummerSlam 2002
The Rock vs Hulk Hogan Wrestlemania 18
The "Winner takes all" Match Between Team WWF and Team WCW/ECW Survivor Series.
Dx vs The Mcmahons SummerSlam 2006 and Unforgiven 2006
The whole Cena-Edge fued from last year
Triple H vs Stone Cold Survivor Series 2000
6 Man Hell in the Cell Armageddon 2000

whotook316

Reaction score
Angle vs HHH was built up for over a year. I don't know if you would call it hype, but it got me interested - awesome build up. Jericho vs HHH from around the same time had an awesome build up too.

03mnm

Reaction score
Lesnar Vs Goldberg at Mania 20 was hyped alot but the match itself sucked.

BrotherBruti

Reaction score
On the Undercard of the Original Grandaddy of Them
Most hyped or best build up?

Best build up was Hogan/Andre. Most hyped hasn't happaned yet but EVERYONE will know it's happaning. Vince/Trump (and thats what this match is, ignore Lashley and Umaga) will receive more mainstream attention than any match in history.