BTB Guide

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KaneMM

Reaction score
1. Start with some info about your thread. Pay-per-view list, roster, and many other things are a good start.

2. A backstory can also be the key to attracting the masses into your thread. In the backstory, which doesn't need to be so long, describe what had happened previously. Did Bischoff and Hogan get together to create a new company? Did WWE hire you as head booker? This is the key to viewers and ideas.

3. Choose a way to write your matches. This is actually pretty important. You could write out the entire match if you want, you could type just the finish, you could just post the result, its up to you.

4. Write a BTB that fits your schedule. This can be pretty important. You shouldn't commit yourself to writing a show a day, but maybe one show every week or so.

5. Write your show in an attractive, and easy to read way.

Bad example:
match 1
jonh cena vs cm punk
pukn goes 4 the Gts right away but cnea get down and blldogs punk hard cena then apllies the stf and punk taps out and the match ends

Good example:

Match 1
Standard Singles Match
William Regal vs CM Punk
CM Punk starts off with a GTS attempt, but Cena gets down from his shoulders and fights back with a bulldog. Cena then locks CM Punk in the STF, forcing CM Punk to tap out.

I guess you read the last one more easily. And would you read a BTB with the first example's grammar during months and months? I don't think so.

6. You should try to incorporate a news system into the thread. Maybe hype up the next show by announcing a few things, but don't spoil the whole show.

7. Keep the storylines fresh and interesting. Don't carry on feuds for ages and ages, otherwise people won't care anymore. This IS professional wrestling, but we read it instead of seeing it. Have wrestlers attacking each other backstage, or a restraining order storyline, or them fighting in a talk-show and being separated by referees, or something that demonstrates the bad blood between those two is a good way to get people to look forward to there upcoming match or to maybe start off a feud.

8. Maybe having a link to your BTB thread in your signature will help you gain more viewers and also does help people to find it easier.

9. Do you want a review to your show? Review someone else's show. This is like a law of physics, it never fucking changes on this planet. Review for review happens all the time. Don't beg for it, go out to the streets and trade it.

10. Use your roster correctly. Don't have jobber matches during the entire show...Back and forth actions is very appreciated and it always happens in the best matches (eg. HBK vs Taker - WrestleMania 25). Something that is good in matches is to have something important on the line...Spices things up.

11. Have a fair amount of swerves. Some heel/face turns, breaking up a tag team, an unexpected ending to a match, etc.

12. Add some color. I mean color code you show. Maybe make all the matches in blue, peoples words Italicized, and maybe bold all the names of wrestlers. I don't know, but a plain show is boring and hard to follow.

Hope that helped you out a bit.