Brodus 'Funkasaurus' Clay

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Back in November WWE started promoting the return of Brodus Clay to RAW with videos such as this:
[YOUTUBE]nm3RyUR57D8[/YOUTUBE]
His return was delayed week after week after week with Johnny Ace continuing to claim that he would debut the next week. Finally this week on RAW he debuted but any of those that would have seen one of the hype promos would have been shocked when they saw this:​

bio-brodusclay4.jpg

Apparently Godfather and Rikishi had a lovechild and his name is Brodus Clay.

What do you think about this new gimmick and how would you book him over the next month or two?​

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
The gimmick is definatley not main event material unless but he could upper midcard at best.

I would book him in a triple threat feud with swagger and Ryder in all honesty and Ryder can drop the US title to him because he has lost that spark that got him over.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They have compared him to Rikishi and Dusty Rhodes. I have no problem with it really. Let him be a fun loving guy, but also let him be able to click when he gets pissed

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
He definitely reminds me of a Dusty Rhodes, and I want to see more and more of him. Let him talk while they're at it, give him some credible opponents and moments. This COULD be good if they book it accordingly.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was really shocked when I saw that this was his new gimmick as never in a million years would I have guessed this. They need him to still have a killer streak and not just be a fun character. He can be the Funkmaster that dances as long as he still is booked as a monster that can easily take apart most other wrestlers. He should get a decent run in the Rumble match in a few weeks. Eventually I do see them having Brodus denounce this gimmick and claim that it was all Johnny Ace's idea, that he never would have made it to RAW if he didn't use this gimmick.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm torn it's a terrible gimmick for a guy who could make it as a monster heel, but it's so bad it's semi-entertaining as well. Have to see more than squashes before I can share a valid opinion.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I want to like the gimmick, but I don't. I find myself just cringing the whole 5 minutes he's on.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
At first I was pretty pissed off because he really impressed me on NXT and also during his run on SmackDown with Del Rio when they teamed up against Edge & Christian. having watched essentially the same act again on SmackDown, i've somewhat calmed down although i'm now torn on whether I like it or not.

I really liked his heel persona and think it would have had more potential in terms of breaking into the main event, but on the negative side of that it's somewhat of a stale introductory method for the bigger heels. This current face gimmick, while it gives him a personality and more chance of getting over I feel as though it's a midcard act at best.

I'm just hoping that if he keeps this gimmick for a period of time, that he at least manages to keep a ruthless edge about him in the ring because i'm a big fan of the guy and with all the suplexes i've seen him pull out, he reminds me somewhat of a 'WWE sized' Tazz.

Onyx

Reaction score
When I saw Brodus's debut that unfortunate RAW, I was stoned and laughing my arse completely off on my living room floor. But after I was done laughing for 45 minutes, I realized that was Ernest "The Cat" Miller's theme and that irritated me. His gimmick isn't really original in this slightest, but it is somewhat new, compared to what's been shoved down our bloody throats for most of the PG Era. But I am begging for an Ernest "The Cat" Miller return so he can kick Brodus "Funkasaurus" Clay's arse! He fucking ripped that theme off! >_<