Brodus Clay - The Funkasaurus

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It has a charm to it, I just struggle to get behind it. I don't see it going anywhere for him.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm not worried about it going anywhere for him though, I just like to live in the moment and enjoy it for what it is.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'm not worried about it going anywhere for him though, I just like to live in the moment and enjoy it for what it is.

It's just I like Brodus and feel he could be a big deal one day. It certainly won't be under this gimmick though, and I can see it hindering him rather than helping. I'd be lying if I said I don't smile when the Funkasaurus does his thing though.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I like it just for the fact it makes me laugh, I wouldn't want him to get any big push with this gimmick cause to be honest it's not great enough for that. I guess if it makes me laugh I enjoy it but I laugh easy also I mean I like Santino so :laugh:

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
All I see people talking about is this Brodus Clay gimmick is funny, it's breathe of fresh air, it's entertaining when in reality it is not. I wasn't looking forward to seeing a fusion of The Godfather/Scotty 2 Hotty/Rikishi dancing crap. Yes, wrestling is not to be taken serious, I know but come on, this shit is so annoying I change the channel. But then again that's coming from someone who think the product they been producing over the years have diminished since the Invasion angle. Granted, There has been some high points the last couple Pay Per View's.

Personally, I was hoping they were gonna push Brodus Clay into a heel, and not a laughing stock. I'm tired of seeing the same crap, let alone rehashed crap.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Personally, I was hoping they were gonna push Brodus Clay into a heel, and not a laughing stock. I'm tired of seeing the same crap, let alone rehashed crap.

Where was he going to fit as a monster heel when Henry is already around to fill that role?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
All I see people talking about is this Brodus Clay gimmick is funny, it's breathe of fresh air, it's entertaining when in reality it is not. I wasn't looking forward to seeing a fusion of The Godfather/Scotty 2 Hotty/Rikishi dancing crap. Yes, wrestling is not to be taken serious, I know but come on, this shit is so annoying I change the channel. But then again that's coming from someone who think the product they been producing over the years have diminished since the Invasion angle. Granted, There has been some high points the last couple Pay Per View's.

Someone who sees this the way I do? I agree, all I think about is Rikishi when he was a dancing fool. I didn't like it then either.

Where was he going to fit as a monster heel when Henry is already around to fill that role?
Technically Henry is a SmackDown! talent so Brodus could have been RAW's monster. I know the brand extension is non-existent but Henry wasn't one of the talents appearing on the supershow weekly. Plus Mark Henry is getting hurt nearly regularly and he's not getting any younger. It's a good idea to start building the new monster.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

I don't see it that way at all....its quite silly to call him a mix between four guys when all he is does is dance his way to the ring. He is still the monster and squashing people...something none of those guys did...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The real bottom line here is that I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't see his entertainment value and that's the last I'm speaking of it.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Someone who sees this the way I do? I agree, all I think about is Rikishi when he was a dancing fool. I didn't like it then either.

Ditto.

Technically Henry is a SmackDown! talent so Brodus could have been RAW's monster. I know the brand extension is non-existent but Henry wasn't one of the talents appearing on the supershow weekly. Plus Mark Henry is getting hurt nearly regularly and he's not getting any younger. It's a good idea to start building the new monster.

Ditto part two. That's how he could have been pushed a monster. Mark Henry is getting old, but he also is sometimes boring to watch to, because he never really had much draw value.

The fact that he does dance his way to the ring is the reason we call him a mix of the four guys. No other way to look at it. The dancing gimmick has been done, and it was shitty every time then, and it is shitty this time around. Hell Funkasaurus is something they would have named one of those lame ass gimmicks from the 80's. I believe it is poorly thought of and it is gonna be force down our throats when it sucks. I'm sorry it's true. And granted, yeah none of those guys squashed people, but how is him squashing people with a stupid gimmick gonna make us all like him?

And, Fuji Vice, that is the difference between us and your sense of humor. I feel sorry for anyone who actually believes this is funny when it is lame and disrespects my intelligence as a wrestling fan to even produce a rehashed gimmick with this guy, when in TNA they would have pushed him as a powerhouse.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
And, Fuji Vice, that is the difference between us and your sense of humor. I feel sorry for anyone who actually believes this is funny when it is lame and disrespects my intelligence as a wrestling fan to even produce a rehashed gimmick with this guy, when in TNA they would have pushed him as a powerhouse.

Unfortunately you need to have intelligence for it to be disrespected.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
How far would he have gotten as a monster heel? A strong push for three or four months before the gimmick runs out of steam and folds completely. It has happened to so many big men in the WWE and has wasted a lot of good wrestlers over the years.

I don't see what you guys have against the gimmick - it's fun and entertaining. With Henry in the WWE they don't need a monster heel at the moment. When Henry leaves and they feel that it's time for him to fill that void they can turn him heel. It would a lot better as he is already known and over with the fans.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Unfortunately you need to have intelligence for it to be disrespected.

Ok sounds like someone is mad that so many people don't like the gimmick. Ok, if you were so intelligent Einstein then why you the one throwing insults like that? I think you need to tone down your haterism it's radiation is making you seem like a bitter baby. Well, guess what, people think the gimmick sucks and it's an insult, and once again, your opinion is yours, but atleast mine has truth to it. Thank You sir, no more comments will be needed from you.

Catfish Billy, you maybe correct unlike Fuji Vice here, that's if they book it wrong. But, honestly how many times has WWE messed up a gimmick and crapped it out? About a million times. Like four of them were the dancing gimmicks, and now this makes five. So, we are suppose to HAVE only one Monster heel and one who had a World Title put on him and that was an actual boring title reign? Look WWE has messed up alot of gimmicks, like The Randy Orton Legend Killer gimmick for example? Need more?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wow, apparently someone hasn't heard of sarcasm and takes things too seriously. He vaguely reminds me of someone........