• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Just to clarify, I thought Mania was a pretty good show overall (albeit some weird booking decisions), but I can't begin to explain how underwhelming that street fight between Brock and Ambrose was. It was technically a good match, but only averagely good. Nothing special at all. By Wrestlemania standards, it was a huge disappointment. No real huge spots (unless you consider Brock doing a belly-to-belly off the ropes a "huge spot"... I don't), no never-say-die booking for Ambrose where he takes a shitload of punishment and keeps kicking out and kicking out before Brock finally hammers him with enough to stay down, no real moment where it believably looked like Dean might be on the verge of conquering The Beast, etc. And then right when he pulls out an interesting weapon to use on Brock - the barbed wire bat - he eats one simple F-5 and loses. They saved all the "What will he do and how far will he go to win" huge spots for the Taker/Shane match instead, unfortunately.

The real annoying thing about the ending was that if you thought of matches like three-act structures where you had a Beginning, Middle, and End, it really seemed like we were just entering the Middle portion of the match when Dean pulled out the barbed-wire bat, but then he gets caught with an F-5 and it's over. This match will go down as yet another huge missed opportunity on WWE's part.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Agreed it was very underwhelming to say the least. Thought both guys, especially Brock could have bladed to add more of a dramatic effect. Also they didn't even get to use barbie. Brock swinging around a barbed wire baseball bat is something that everyone wants to see. Also I thought it would of been cool if they took the fight down the long ramp way onto the big ass stage for a bit.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Yeah most people have been saying the same thing in the rate WM thread, the match was a huge bore.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Dean shouldn't be the guy to make Brock seem vincible

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
That was the one match on the card I was really looking forward to and then it ended being a huge disappointment.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah it was pretty average but I still enjoyed it.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
The match was good as far as being a wrestling match but it being a street fight at wrestlemania... that is what killed it. They should have just made it a no DQ match and it would have been fine. Street match back in the day meant going out of the ring, in the locker rooms, on the STREETS. That is what was disappointing.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The match was good as far as being a wrestling match but it being a street fight at wrestlemania... that is what killed it. They should have just made it a no DQ match and it would have been fine. Street match back in the day meant going out of the ring, in the locker rooms, on the STREETS. That is what was disappointing.
Them doing anything in the street wouldn't have made it any better, Punk vs Jericho was a street fight and was good because it told a story, this match was just Brock being repetitive, Ambrose doing fuck all and zero high impact spots. Ambrose licks a bat and couldn't start a chainsaw, what was the point of the legends passing the torch?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I wonder where Lesnar goes from here. They put this guy over so incredibly strong in 2014 to put Reigns over but you know the rest of that story. Now it's 2016, The Beast Incarnate is still invincible, but who are they going to put over him?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Probably Triple H, maybe The Rock.

I wish I was joking, the only other option is Roman. All of them scream fuck it why not at this stage
Bonus GIF -

• Haha
Reactions: Neptune

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Them doing anything in the street wouldn't have made it any better, Punk vs Jericho was a street fight and was good because it told a story, this match was just Brock being repetitive, Ambrose doing fuck all and zero high impact spots. Ambrose licks a bat and couldn't start a chainsaw, what was the point of the legends passing the torch?
giphy.gif

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
I wonder where Lesnar goes from here. They put this guy over so incredibly strong in 2014 to put Reigns over but you know the rest of that story. Now it's 2016, The Beast Incarnate is still invincible, but who are they going to put over him?

They don't seem to know what the hell they are doing with anyone anymore. Sit back and enjoy the ride of Lesnar.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Probably Triple H, maybe The Rock.

I wish I was joking, the only other option is Roman. All of them scream fuck it why not at this stage
Bonus GIF -

Somewhere in there lies the Asian version of the :dafuq: smiley.