Brock Lesnar...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Yes, any ref WOULD have stopped any NORMAL fight under those circumstances, BUT...

...this was the HW Champ vs. the Interim HW Champ... you can't call that shit on a ground and pound when the guy being pounded is not droppin' his hands to his side and snorin' it out.

I think the ref was brave to let the fight keep going, but also smart... and if anyone in the world should have a problem with it, it should be Carwin... and guess what... he doesn't. He said himself he'd have rather won by a true knockout than stoppage because a ref decided Lesnar couldn't go, because he knows Lesnar wouldn't settle for that shit if it happened... I respect Carwin just that much more for not being a bitch. I'd love to see a rematch here after Velasquez if/when Brock makes it past him.

ajs

Reaction score
I agree with Rko that Brock proved himself. Im not taking anything a way from Shane (but) Brock took the beating and prove that he's the better wrestler , tough chin and stronger of the two.

ajs

Reaction score
I agree with Rko that Brock proved himself. Im not taking anything a way from Shane (but) Brock took the beating and prove that he's the better wrestler , tough chin and stronger of the two.

Reaction score
nobody can stop Lesnar atm. With all due respect, not even that guy named Cain.

Reaction score
nobody can stop Lesnar atm. With all due respect, not even that guy named Cain.

-TJ-

Reaction score
The thing about that fight not getting stopped was because Lesnar kept moving his arms and kept trying to defend, even though he ate some wicked shots, he wasn't out of it and just letting them connect, he fought to defend, which meant that he could still go, via the reason why the ref didn't stop it. Than Shane got gassed and got grounded and loss. Carwin should look at this as a sign to get even more in shape, so if he goes past the first round again, he's not completely gassed. You can see before Lesnar fully locked in the triangle, Carwin was just trying to avoid getting put in it fully instead of trying to get out, he was gassed.

-TJ-

Reaction score
The thing about that fight not getting stopped was because Lesnar kept moving his arms and kept trying to defend, even though he ate some wicked shots, he wasn't out of it and just letting them connect, he fought to defend, which meant that he could still go, via the reason why the ref didn't stop it. Than Shane got gassed and got grounded and loss. Carwin should look at this as a sign to get even more in shape, so if he goes past the first round again, he's not completely gassed. You can see before Lesnar fully locked in the triangle, Carwin was just trying to avoid getting put in it fully instead of trying to get out, he was gassed.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
MMA diehards will never EVER give Lesnar the credit he deserves. He's defeated some of the best of his division now, and he's still not going to get any respect. There's always going to be some excuse as to why Lesnar is not the real deal. He could beat Frank Mir again, Cain Velasquez, Nogueira, Cheick Congo, Roy Nelson, and everyone else in the division on title defense after title defense and the cry baby purists will NEVER call him a legit fighter. Fuck them. Go Lesnar.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
MMA diehards will never EVER give Lesnar the credit he deserves. He's defeated some of the best of his division now, and he's still not going to get any respect. There's always going to be some excuse as to why Lesnar is not the real deal. He could beat Frank Mir again, Cain Velasquez, Nogueira, Cheick Congo, Roy Nelson, and everyone else in the division on title defense after title defense and the cry baby purists will NEVER call him a legit fighter. Fuck them. Go Lesnar.

btman

Reaction score

100% agree. Everyone I know that never saw Lesnar in WWE thinks he's the biggest piece of shit to touch UFC. But hell he's the champ. I'm glad in this fight he proved it.

btman

Reaction score

100% agree. Everyone I know that never saw Lesnar in WWE thinks he's the biggest piece of shit to touch UFC. But hell he's the champ. I'm glad in this fight he proved it.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I was neutral going into the Carwin/Lesnar fight. I was and still am a fan of both guys. But, like Nino siad, If the fight would have been stopped... Which it wasn't it would not have been a shock too me, I have seen far less get stopped. Lesnar I honestly had my doubts about going into this fight with the long layoff and all. Not knocking his fighting spirit or anything but that long of a layoff was obviously going to effect your conditioning in some way. Carwin was fucking GASSED no doubt, but he still pushed Brock more than I have ever seen Brock get pushed. I honestly am looking forward to the two of them potentially going at it again.

I honestly think that Cain could beat Lesnar on any given day. Too many people are selling Cain short due to his size, which I think is a non-issue. I think MMA skills wise (stand up, ground game, wrestling) he matches up pretty damn well with Brock. I think that it will be a good, to great fight between the two.

nation

Reaction score

MMA diehards don't bother me as much as wrestling fans who cream at the mention of Lesnar and don't know shit about MMA. I definitely don't hate Lesnar but he still doesn't deserve his God like praise he gets from the majority of wrestling fans. Is he good? Hell yes but Fedor would destroy him especially now that he is most likely extremely motivated after he suffered his first defeat. Lesnar is on the right path and if he beats Cain, he will move up quite a few notches.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I honestly think that Cain could beat Lesnar on any given day. Too many people are selling Cain short due to his size, which I think is a non-issue. I think MMA skills wise (stand up, ground game, wrestling) he matches up pretty damn well with Brock. I think that it will be a good, to great fight between the two.

Only way I see Cain winning is if Lesnar gets caught. Just like he did with his first fight with Mir and just like Carwin caught him.

pumpt73

Reaction score

Good point Knox. What makes me wonder is would they still feel the same way about him had he entered MMA straight from the University of Minnesota instead of heading to pro wrestling??? The guy has done nothing but fight top level talent since coming into the sport, with exception of his first fight against Min Soo Kim. 2 fights with Mir, a win against Heath Herring, who many would consider a gatekeeper, takes out a legend in Couture, then defeats Carwin. In 5 UFC fights, he's fought and defeated 3 former UFC Champions. He's showing an improved ground game. One thing fans don't point out about him is his poise. The guy stays calm at all times. From his first fight with Kim, to every fight in the UFC. Brock stays on that even keel. Once he gets better at the submission game, it's going to be scary how far he can go.