Brock Lesnar Negotiating With WWE To Appear At WrestleMania 28

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Both F4WOnline.com and PWInsider.com are reporting that Brock Lesnar is in negotiations with WWE to make a surprise appearance at Sunday's WrestleMania XXVIII pay-per-view event at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida. Negotiations are ongoing, but a source within the company says that there is a 50-50 chance that Lesnar will appear on the show.

The source went on to state that WWE wants Lesnar to appear and is hoping that a deal can be finalized within the next 24 hours.

Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White confirmed to F4WOnline.com that Lesnar is legally able to appear at WrestleMania on Sunday since he is no longer under contract to the organization. White was not aware if Lesnar was appearing on the show.

Lesnar left WWE in March 2004 to pursue a career in the National League Football, which was short-lived. Following a brief fling in New Japan Wrestling, he stepped away from the professional wrestling industry entirely in 2006 to pursue a career in mixed martial arts. He captured the UFC Heavyweight Championship from Randy Couture on November 15, 2008, then avenged his loss to Mir at UFC 100 to become the Undisputed Champion. He lost the strap two years later to Cain Velasquez at UFC 121. Lesnar announced his intentions to retire from mixed martial arts following a subsequent loss to Alistair Overeem in December, which prompted speculation of a return to WWE.

A writer for the Associated Press stated in his article on Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson that if WWE wants to squeeze another potential blockbuster buy rate out of The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment, the last man standing to get the headline match would be Lesnar.

"I'm not saying a thing," said a laughing, grinning Johnson with his eyebrow raised after being asked about the possible encounter. "I didn't say anything."
QWESFDFASDFASFASDASDAS
MarkTheFuckOut.gif
MarkTheFuckOut.gif
MarkTheFuckOut.gif
MarkTheFuckOut.gif
:mark: if true

-- Figure Four Weekly writer Bryan Alvarez stated Friday afternoon on Twitter that a 'big name' is in Miami, Florida for this weekend's WrestleMania XXVIII festivities.

"So there is a big name here in Miami this weekend. #WrestleMania," he wrote.
Could be related, could be unrelated but I figured it would tie in with this.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I'll believe it when he shows back up.

SAL

Reaction score
Brock/Rock doesn't do it for me. Brock/Punk, Brock/Taker, or Brock/Cena would all be great, although I don't think Cena should do the "sideshow" match two years in a row.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Rock/Brock would be the biggest match they could do in terms of how much attention and money they'd make off of it. Cena/Brock would be interesting from a story standpoint since Cena's push kind of started from feuding with Brock. As far as matches we've never seen before Punk/Brock & HHH/Brock interest me. But as far as mania 28 goes wonder what he would actually do on the show.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The big name is Batista according to Wrestling Observer.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Observer stats throwing out anything when stories like these come out.

Wouldn't put much into it, but if it happened, then I would mark out, mostly because it was a scenario I threw out there a few weeks ago. Said it like I was breaking a news story, and if it happened for reals then I would totally have more innernet cred than Meltzer.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score

I'd :lmao if it was him. Especially since he's been burying WWE saying he can't watch the product at the moment, especially because it's PG too.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
interesting.theres a lot of drama at this years mania.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'll deep fry my own scrotum and post it in the chat thread if I'm wrong (while marking the fuck out) but I doubt this report. Lesnar/Wrestlemania reports come and go and the ones that pop up within the last 48 hours before a big PPV are just as common.

Besides, it doesn't even really make sense. In what capacity would Brock be involved? A backstage segment (like Rock/Austin last year), squash against some heel like Swagger in the ring talking shit for no reason, etc. I mean, what's the point? The Rock is already selling the show, why not just wait and put Brock on next year, or Summerslam or something?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Would've been nice to put spoiler in this title and say former champion negotiating.

I'll deep fry my own scrotum and post it in the chat thread if I'm wrong (while marking the fuck out) but I doubt this report. Lesnar/Wrestlemania reports come and go and the ones that pop up within the last 48 hours before a big PPV are just as common.

Besides, it doesn't even really make sense. In what capacity would Brock be involved? A backstage segment (like Rock/Austin last year), squash against some heel like Swagger in the ring talking shit for no reason, etc. I mean, what's the point? The Rock is already selling the show, why not just wait and put Brock on next year, or Summerslam or something?
Brock would lay out both Cena and Rock IMO. The match wouldn't have a clean finish or winner so they could rematch it at SummerSlam and have Brock penciled in next year

Please be true. Id love it. Hell let em go TNA and do the double run in cluster fuck. Cena gets dropped by Batista and moments later Brock cuts through the crowd and lays out Rock.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
But to me Cena/Rock MUST have a decisive finish, otherwise this will all have been a colossal waste of time. And there is no reason Brock needs to be inserted into this match. The last 13 months of build to one of the biggest collisions of past/present of all time results in a run-in? Doesn't matter of its Brock Lesnar, it would be bullshit on a scale one could only imagine.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm with you on that I do not want to see a dirty finish unless that dirty finish is part of turning Cena heel. Otherwise this match needs a clear cut finish. Could not see WWE using the match they built up for a year just as a platform to build another PPV.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I could see them still letting the winner get worked after the match though by a Batista and/or Brock to close the show. What is supposed to be Rock or Cena's glory and spotlight could easily be stolen to get press and make money next mania by a Brock or Dave.

In a perfect world both would return to the company and they could set up Rock/Brock, Cena/Dave, and Punk /Austin as the focus of Austin and Punk wouldn't supersede everything else, thus lessening how big their gap is.